PDA

View Full Version : It's that time again

Maj_Death
12-10-2004, 03:54 PM
No, not for another "what is the best plane" but one for what is the worst plane in PF. The rules are the plane must be new in PF and be the worst for its period and role. In other words the D3A or SBD are not automatically the worst just cause they arn't fighters. It also means that the P-40B isn't automatically the worst just cause it is an early war bird.

So now to the question, which plane is the most incapable, unpleasent to fly, pathetic pile of junk in PF?

My vote goes to the Seafire, it is niether faster nor more manueverable than the Zero and to top it off, it is fragile too. It looking girly doesn't help much either.

Jester_159th
12-10-2004, 06:41 PM
Well you're entitled to your opinion.

But I think you must be drunk!!

Seafire and Spitfire variants are my favorite planes. Great to fly. Pretty good armament (certainly more effective than most of the American fighters since they lack cannons), and don't fall apart or burn as easilly as the Japanese planes.

True, they are more fragile than some of the American birds, but not as bad as you make out.

My vote for the worst plane would go to the Ki-43. At least from a flight sim point of view, due to it's primative sight that is very difficult to use (compared to the reflector sights). It's very nimble, but it's hard to target your opponent and if you get hit it's not so likely you'll survive

(just out of interest...and to prove I'm not a blind British patriot!!) my vote for best plane in PF would go to the Corsair variants. Tough, agile. Reasonable armament. can carry a hefty load. All round great plane (even if it is a nightmare to land on a carrier!!)

DuxCorvan
12-11-2004, 03:40 AM
KI-43-Ia. It's relatively fast and it turns like a classic dancer...

...but it's fragile as if it was made of glass, and its two rifle-caliber guns are a joke.

Not the best place to be in against the tough US stuff, and four or six heavy guns.

CKY_86
12-11-2004, 05:09 AM
i love the ki 43 but its armament sucks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

IHI.OuTcAsT
12-11-2004, 05:19 AM
I will have to go with the seafire as well, because I think it is one of the ugliest looking planes (never liked the spitfire appearance). But If I add performace.. probably A-20.

Fennec_P
12-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Seafire, because it handles so much worse than the Spitfire.

And whats up with the engine overheating? I find myself having to fight at 80%, with radiator wide open, to get overheat message to go away.

Ki-34 armament is weak, but WWV-esque gunsight is good for sniping.

BuzzU
12-11-2004, 10:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IHI.OuTcAsT:
I will have to go with the seafire as well, because I think it is one of the ugliest looking planes (never liked the spitfire appearance). But If I add performace.. probably A-20. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You think the Spitfire is ugly? Just out of curiosity. What do you think is a good looking car?

Fennec_P
12-11-2004, 10:18 AM
If Spitfire was a woman, it would be disproportionate fat chick.

Gross bulgy wings, sausage-like exhaust fairings, blister-like canopy, bulbous-yet-pointy vertical stab, just one coolant radiator... It flys by shovelling the air out of the way.

Now the 109F, that is a supermodel. It looks like its going 500 klicks sitting on the ramp. The sole thing that upsets its sleek, sharp lines is the supercharger air scoop.

::braces for flames::

BuzzU
12-11-2004, 10:21 AM
You have a hard time answering questions huh?

WereSnowleopard
12-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Maj_death, Whoa...Timeout...Wait, PF is half done! We don't have all flyable planes to give us ideal of historic realitic. Right now, PF is in half baked potato debate.

Regards
Snowleopard

pendragon1984
12-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Well, if we're talking about ugly plane awards, I don't think the spit/seafire is even in the running. My vote goes directly to the Fiat G.50 (the thing's profile reminds me of a duck, somehow) or perhaps the P.11. If we're limited to Pacific Fighters planes, then the Beaufighter has to be my ugly duckling (I KNOW I'm getting flamed for that one). Honorable mention goes to the Wildcat, too. I've never liked looking at Jugs.

Er... wait... I'll rephrase that.

The F4F is, in my eyes, aesthetically unpleasing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

For worst plane I have to echo the above votes for Ki-43, but just to throw something new in the mix I've never liked the D3A much, either. As a dive-bomber it's subpar, and really only qualifies as such in my mind because of the fact that it has external gear and a dive brake. Even as a Jabo it's outclassed by a slew of other planes, and frankly, anything Val can do, the F4U can do better. Alright, except fire in a rear arc :P