PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ubisoft...

Rat_King
09-18-2009, 07:58 AM
Nice job taking the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise and sh*tting all over it. Are you really that out of touch with what the fans want? This is really the best you can do?

There was a time I told myself "Hey, that game looks promising. I think I'll buy it when it comes out." Boy, how I was led astray...

crispy4004
09-18-2009, 08:01 AM
If you really think that 2-3 rabbids are enough to kill the promise this game had ... you were obviously looking forward to it for the wrong reasons.

Out of touch? You could make a case for that. But the sh*t taking is mutual between you and Ubisoft/GameArts. You're implying that not having Rabbids was more vital to this game than it being a good game in every other way.

Peachrocks
09-18-2009, 09:16 AM
People are not always rational and it can be small negative things that stick out in people's minds as opposed to 50 decent things.

However this was avoidable, and its not just that rabbids were included, so many characters were 'excluded' in consequence.

I think all the 'hype up' that was done for this game and its roster, and this is the best they appear to have... what kind of reaction did you expect?

crispy4004
09-18-2009, 09:30 AM
I understand that, but I'd like to try to bring people down to earth.

Honestly, if few people buy this game because they'd rather pout about the Rabbids, there's marginal chance at getting a sequel with more of the characters people will want. Even as an aside, there's more TMNT characters in this game than Tournament Fighters had.

Likewise, I'm sure the Rabbids won't be the only molehill people will try to make into a mountain. Some reviews are inevitably going to blast the game for having less characters and content than Brawl, and we'll surely see some of that backlash echoed here in spite of how unrealistic it was to expect.

Peachrocks
09-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Indeed, but why give the masses who will buy the game ammo to be angry with them?

You can't expect people to be rational when they've been promised something (loads of suggestive hints at balance between old and new content) and then have them not deliver.

I myself am still looking forward to this game, I personally am not upset that older characters completely missed out and this is pretty much a movie game with a few extras, but I know a lot of people are upset about this stuff.

I'll reserve my true judgement after I have played it, but it's foolish to lead people and then disappoint them.

shinigamihedge
09-18-2009, 02:59 PM
The question is WHO will want a sequel after such an epic letdown.

MetaYoshi007
09-18-2009, 03:20 PM
I would want a sequel, Besides if you've been keeping up with tenor's updates over on turtle dojo, the roster gets bigger and bigger with each character he(i'm not sure but i'm just guessing.) unlocks so there's no reason to get worried. Besides sonic and snake were in brawl but did anyone complain? no. well maybe for sonic for how cheap he is for his speed, but anyway no one could hate the rabbids. You can deny liking them, but you can't help but love them.

smashupsux
09-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Crispy you are not being rational either. Why would you expect someone to buy a horrible game just because that would mean they might make a sequel that happens to be better? Would you have called people who didn't purchase ET for Atari 2600 idiots because they are reducing the chance of having a badass ET part 2?