PDA

View Full Version : Something in here stinks!

Hunde_3.JG51
10-29-2004, 09:58 PM
And its the Ki-61 Tony. This plane may have taken over the title of "worst out of the box aircraft" from the original Bf-109G-6. It can't roll, its elevator turns to concrete with even a little speed, and it can't dive. It's not overly fast and controls as a whole are very sluggish. Point the nose up and it dies.

I know they will probably make changes to this aircraft, at least I hope they will. So far the biggest surprise for me in the game is how bad this plane is.

The Zeroes feel pretty good.
The Corsair is just insane.
The Hellcat seems decent but nowhere near as good as Corsair IMHO. It just doesn't have the juice of the F4U.

Off to try Hayabusa and others!

Oh, and I think PF so far is brilliant. Please don't take my comment as bashing or anything, I was just surprised at how bad the Tony is.

ColoradoBBQ
10-29-2004, 10:30 PM
Oleg mentioned that the Tony got the wrong performance equation and will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

MK2aw
10-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Yeah the Tony is a flying death crate. Good to hear it will be fixed.

Mk2aw

Korolov
10-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Midwar crapp plane for me to fly. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

BM357_Raven
10-30-2004, 08:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The Zeroes feel pretty good.
The Corsair is just insane.
The Hellcat seems decent but nowhere near as good as Corsair IMHO. It just doesn't have the juice of the F4U. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree 100%.. Still, my fav is the F6F... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

You know another thing.. For me, the Corsair is easier to land than the Hellcat.. Has anyone else found the Corsair to be easier to land? I dunno the power to weight ratios between the two planes, but the Corsair not only seems to be easier to compensate with power, but is also seems to glide better..

When the Hellcat slows, it turns into a brick.. Still I love the brick!

S~

Hunde_3.JG51
10-30-2004, 08:43 PM
Hey Raven! Good to see you.

And I agree also, the Corsair seems to out-handle the Hellcat and is easier to land. I expected the Corsair to be faster than the Hellcat but not handle as well, right now the Corsair does everything better, especially at low speed. Hopefully they will fix the Corsair so I can fly it shame-free.

Gr7_Bizu-RO
10-31-2004, 12:46 AM
Fix the Corsair? It,s been modeled superb,it,s an eye catcher and flyes like no other.Just dont want to relearn each plane again after patches or add-ons..They did it with the me109,
with yak3,now the tony It,s all messed up and you should try the spit after Pf..seems changed
..no more sharp turns like before..overheats instantly wich never did before,it,s not a Spit anymore.let have them all fly like bricks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Luftcaca
10-31-2004, 01:16 AM
I dont know for you guys, but Ive noticed something strange bout the P-39D

I was flying A6M2 when I met a single AI P-39D
then he started to climb and climb and climb in large circles like the AI often do for some reason. He must have reached 10000 m quite fast and I was struggleling to stay withing one KM under him, barely over 150 kmh IAS.

I think the P-39 should have very poor performances over lets say 5000m? now it just looks like if the turbocompressor was still on the engine...

Fliger747
10-31-2004, 01:17 AM
Of course one might praise 'them' for listening when the question was raised as to whether or not we would even have one! It was apparent that it was a pretty important plane for the folks here!

By the way the 'real' F6F did have an elevating seat.