PDA

View Full Version : The Voice of Leonardo

XxSYD3WINDERxX
08-17-2010, 10:46 AM
I was playing through AC again today and I noticed that the guy in the Assassin's Bureau in Damascus, when you talk to him on the second assassination you do there (the one with the fat man and the poisoned wine), he sounds exactly like Leonardo, even though they're supposed to have entirely different accents. Go listen.

Z405
08-17-2010, 11:14 AM
you are right; i completed AC2 a couple of days ago without ever having played AC; so out of curiosity i bought the first part as well and noticed this the moment he opened his mouth.

itsamea-mario
08-17-2010, 11:15 AM
They re used several of the voice actors it would seem.
im pretty sure i heard the voice of william of monferat a few times aswell.

primerib69
08-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Call of Duty 4 had a character named Gaz, and in Modern Warfare 2 his voice actor played the role of Ghost.

The voice actor of Tidus in Final Fantasy X has the same voice actor as Ratchet from Ratchet and Clank.

Why hire a new voice actor, when the one you already have is good?

notafanboy
08-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
i think i heard him in ac2 whats his name in ac2 ........
edit- got it was silvio

primerib69
08-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
i think i heard him in ac2 whats his name in ac2 ........
edit- got it was silvio </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Barbarigo?

itsamea-mario
08-17-2010, 04:08 PM
yarp, i had a suspicion it was but i couldn't quite remember.

phil.llllll
08-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by primerib69:

Exactly. Skilled VA's should be able to do a variety of voices - as those mentioned can.

Never picked up on Silvio - I'll have to listen closely next time.

dorido
08-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by primerib69:

Exactly. Skilled VA's should be able to do a variety of voices - as those mentioned can.

Never picked up on Silvio - I'll have to listen closely next time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wut? that doesn't make sense. you caught them because they used the same voice (no variety). that's not skill. that's just being born lucky with a unique voice lol.

primerib69
08-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by dorido:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by primerib69:

Never picked up on Silvio - I'll have to listen closely next time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wut? that doesn't make sense. you caught them because they used the same voice. that's not skill. that's just being born lucky with a unique voice lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, no actually. Hahaha I'm not sure if you've listened to the characters in really good games when they talk, but you will know that a unique voice isn't the only thing you need. You need to use different inflections, tones, and emotions when voice acting. Just because you have a unique voice, that doesn't mean that you will be a good voice actor. Use Final Fantasy X as an example. In nearly every cutscene, or even when the characters are just talking during normal gameplay, you hear the different tones and emotions. It's like you are actually that person when you voice act. It's not just "Hey what's up" and "Oh not much I just took a crap". It's actual depth and emotion that goes with the voice acting.

dorido
08-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by primerib69:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dorido:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:

wut? that doesn't make sense. you caught them because they used the same voice. that's not skill. that's just being born lucky with a unique voice lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, no actually. Hahaha I'm not sure if you've listened to the characters in really good games when they talk, but you will know that a unique voice isn't the only thing you need. You need to use different inflections, tones, and emotions when voice acting. Just because you have a unique voice, that doesn't mean that you will be a good voice actor. Use Final Fantasy X as an example. In nearly every cutscene, or even when the characters are just talking during normal gameplay, you hear the different tones and emotions. It's like you are actually that person when you voice act. It's not just "Hey what's up" and "Oh not much I just took a crap". It's actual depth and emotion that goes with the voice acting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if i heard "Oh not much I just took a crap" with any depth and emotion, i would consider the voice actor who pulled that off a legend lol.

first guy: hey wats up

second guy: oh not much *puts on sunglasses* i just took a crap

X)

yorgarazgreece
08-18-2010, 09:13 PM
We should Check Credits First, and compare the Voice Acting section, only with this comparison we will find out which actors are been used twice. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Xanatos2007
08-19-2010, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by jmattbacon:
I was playing through AC again today and I noticed that the guy in the Assassin's Bureau in Damascus, when you talk to him on the second assassination you do there (the one with the fat man and the poisoned wine), he sounds exactly like Leonardo, even though they're supposed to have entirely different accents. Go listen.
Old news, I pointed that out ages ago. Frederico (Ezio's brother) also sounds like one of the informers from AC1, as well as Franco.

Ru1986
08-19-2010, 02:17 AM
Logical really when you think about it.