PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Length Change

Red_Russian13
12-21-2004, 09:27 PM
Greetings all;

I was wondering if someone could (again) inform me on how to change the length of the campaign. I can't seem to remember where it was that I found this information before. Someone posted on this I think. I seem to remember some notepad action, but cannot for the life of me remember.

I'd appreciate the help. I'm playing an IJN campaign and all my regions are one mission long! No fun.

Sorry I've been absent for quite a while. I've still been lurking when I can though. Thanks in advance all.

S!

CWH1089
12-22-2004, 01:37 AM
you'll need to open up the "conf.ini" file in your main FB or PF folder. once you've done that, at the very bottom of the page type the line "CampaignLength=VeryLong, Long, Medium, Short, or VeryShort". whatever you want it set at. hope this helps.

DD_NL
12-22-2004, 04:15 AM
Add this to your conf.ini at the bottom:
[Dgen]
Then add the parameters you want, so for instance, what I added in my conf.ini looks like this:

[Dgen]
MissionDistance=50
SlowFire=1
RandomFlights=1
MaxFLAK=5
MaxBomberSkill=3
CampaignLength=Short
CampaignDifficulty=Normal
CampaignAI=Normal
CampaignMissions=Normal
NoAirfieldHighlight
UseParachutes
AirIntensity=Low
GroundIntensity=Low

---------------------------------------
MissionDistance= (0-300)

In FB - prefered mission distance in km
In PF - any value means that carriers are located in shorter than historical distance on maps where it is important - Hawaii, Midway, Marianas.

SlowFire=(0.5-100, default 5)

In PF only - ship rate of fire is reduced.

RandomFlights=(0-5) FB only - a maximal number of random flights.

MaxFLAK=(0-100)

FB only - maximal number of AAA en route, does not affect target area.

MaxBomberSkill=(0-3)
PF and FB - max skill level of bombers.

CampaignLength=(Long,Medium,Short,VeryShort", default VeryLong)
FB only - allows to reduce a number of missions in campaign.

CampaignDifficulty=(Hard,Normal,Easy)
FB and PF
same as simultaneously setting CampaignAI and CampaignMissions

CampaignAI=(Hard,Normal,Easy)
FB and PF changes default distribution of AI skill by modifying friendly and hostile AI levels.

CampaignMissions=(Hard,Normal,Easy)
FB and PF (no files for PF yet)
Switches to alternative set of ops files, modifying numbers of friendly and hostile flights.

OperationVictory=
OperationDefeat=

PF only
sets numbers of points after which an operation is considered success or failure, calling alternative debrief.

WarVictory=
WarDefeat=

PF only

sets numbers of points after which a war is considered won or lost calling alternative end of war missions.

NoActiveFrontline

BoE only
Removes additional units active around frontline.

NoBadWeather

FB and PF
Prevents bad weather (thunderstorm, rain, snow)

NoAirfieldHighlight

FB and PF
Removes AAA on airfields that are not used in current operation, thus preventing their highligthin on a map (giving away active airfields).

UseParkedPlanes
Murmansk only.

Player's plane initial airfield is defined by parked static planes.

UseParachutes

PF only
Allows Japanese to use chutes since start of the war.

AirIntensity=(High,Medium,Low)

Modifies group size. In PF also modifies a number of random flights.

GroundIntensity=(High,Medium,Low)

Modifies areas where moving and static targets are located. On Low only creates them around active airfields and target area. On Medium there is a limit of 3 moving targets except in target area.

A.K.Davis
12-22-2004, 09:27 AM
Just for general reference, the default campaign length is "very long," so no need to add it to your conf.ini file unless you want shorter campaigns.

However, please note that the campaign length variable does not work for PF campaigns. I can tell you how to edit a campaign .DB file to get more missions if you would like. Which campaigns are you having problems with?

Platypus_1.JaVA
12-22-2004, 02:27 PM
Don't forget the

3Dshark=1

You'll see a shark swiming around the pilot who has just bailed and is lying in his dingy!!

mortoma
12-22-2004, 02:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DD_NL:
Add this to your conf.ini at the bottom:
[Dgen]
Then add the parameters you want, so for instance, what I added in my conf.ini looks like this:

[Dgen]
MissionDistance=50
SlowFire=1
RandomFlights=1
MaxFLAK=5
MaxBomberSkill=3
CampaignLength=Short
CampaignDifficulty=Normal
CampaignAI=Normal
CampaignMissions=Normal
NoAirfieldHighlight
UseParachutes
AirIntensity=Low
GroundIntensity=Low

---------------------------------------
MissionDistance= (0-300)

In FB - prefered mission distance in km
In PF - any value means that carriers are located in shorter than historical distance on maps where it is important - Hawaii, Midway, Marianas.

SlowFire=(0.5-100, default 5)

In PF only - ship rate of fire is reduced.

RandomFlights=(0-5) FB only - a maximal number of random flights.

MaxFLAK=(0-100)

FB only - maximal number of AAA en route, does not affect target area.

MaxBomberSkill=(0-3)
PF and FB - max skill level of bombers.

CampaignLength=(Long,Medium,Short,VeryShort", default VeryLong)
FB only - allows to reduce a number of missions in campaign.

CampaignDifficulty=(Hard,Normal,Easy)
FB and PF
same as simultaneously setting CampaignAI and CampaignMissions

CampaignAI=(Hard,Normal,Easy)
FB and PF changes default distribution of AI skill by modifying friendly and hostile AI levels.

CampaignMissions=(Hard,Normal,Easy)
FB and PF (no files for PF yet)
Switches to alternative set of ops files, modifying numbers of friendly and hostile flights.

OperationVictory=
OperationDefeat=

PF only
sets numbers of points after which an operation is considered success or failure, calling alternative debrief.

WarVictory=
WarDefeat=

PF only

sets numbers of points after which a war is considered won or lost calling alternative end of war missions.

NoActiveFrontline

BoE only
Removes additional units active around frontline.

NoBadWeather

FB and PF
Prevents bad weather (thunderstorm, rain, snow)

NoAirfieldHighlight

FB and PF
Removes AAA on airfields that are not used in current operation, thus preventing their highligthin on a map (giving away active airfields).

UseParkedPlanes
Murmansk only.

Player's plane initial airfield is defined by parked static planes.

UseParachutes

PF only
Allows Japanese to use chutes since start of the war.

AirIntensity=(High,Medium,Low)

Modifies group size. In PF also modifies a number of random flights.

GroundIntensity=(High,Medium,Low)

Modifies areas where moving and static targets are located. On Low only creates them around active airfields and target area. On Medium there is a limit of 3 moving targets except in target area. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You forgot about the new PromotionRate= setting!! Default is 1.0, less than 1 you get promoted at a slower rate, more than 1 is faster. Setting it lower than 0.01 is not necessary though. With it that low, you'lll probably never be promoted. I saw this at SimHQ forums.

Red_Russian13
12-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Thanks guys.

I'm having trouble with the IJN Fighter campaign. It seems like every theater set is only one mission long. Now I know Pearl Harbor would be...but some of the others?

mortoma
12-22-2004, 11:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Red_Russian13:
Thanks guys.

I'm having trouble with the IJN Fighter campaign. It seems like every theater set is only one mission long. Now I know Pearl Harbor would be...but some of the others? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, this is easily adjusted. In the Dgen folder under the main game folder, there are DB files for every subcampaign, for ex. Japan1.DB, which can be opened in a text editor like Notepad.
There is a section like this:
[Schedule]
50601 150 1
50605 0 1
50610 0 1
50615 0 1
50620 0 1
50625 0 1
50630 0 1
50705 0 1
50710 0 1
50715 0 1
50720 0 1
50725 0 1
50730 0 1

The first 5 digit number is the mission numebr ( also the date, 50739 would be 5 for 1945, month 07 and day 30th ) and the last number is how many mission/sorties per day. With this example there
is only one sortie per day one every date. But you can change to number from 1 to 8, and 8 is the maximum sorties per day you can have.
Just change them like so, 50730 0 8 or 50730 0 4, or whatever.

Also, the guy who created Dgen mission generator has newer patches for Dgen that you can overwrite the original with and he improved a lot of things lately. You can get it here:
http://www.il2center.com/DGen3134.zip