PDA

View Full Version : how????

PigPenn
12-28-2004, 08:21 PM
How do you get into training mode for somthing other than aircraft carriers? I need to get very very basic. I really want to learn to play this. But as with other flight sims it seems you need to be a real piolt to play. any help would be great. I would love to do more than fly in circles

WTE_Dukayn
12-28-2004, 09:27 PM
I believe in the main menu there's a Training button. Might wanna check that out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Tully__
12-28-2004, 09:33 PM
For learning to spot, shoot at and chase other aircraft, Quick Mission Builder is good for the basics. Choose friendly bombers for the easiest target practice. If you want more difficult targets, choose enemy fighters or bombers but set their loadout to "Empty" so they can't shoot back. For more difficulty again, give them some ammunition http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

To do takeoff/landing practice, start your own Dogfight multiplayer server. As long as you're just wanting to practice and don't need other aircraft in the mission, you don't need to be online. For landing practice, turn the "Takeoffs & Landings" difficulty setting off, you will spawn directly over your chosen airbase at a little over 1000m altitude and facing at right angles to the runway. Once you've landed, you can take off again or just hit ESC then Refly to try another landing. The advantage of DF missions for this sort of practice is that you don't have to wait for the mission to reload if you mess up. Just ESC and Refly and you're back to where you started.

BaldieJr
12-28-2004, 09:50 PM
I can't understand why the community hasn't coughed up a bunch of simple missions for training purposes.

Flight sims have no "stickiness" for casual gamers because the training is pure garbage. You'd think the community would have caught on to this a long time ago and done something about it.

I think some prefer to be part of an angry niche.