PDA

View Full Version : Abilities

smallvillefan27
11-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Can you learn all of your abilities right from the start...or will it be close to the end of the game before you learn everything?

Iskander_Estel
11-13-2009, 06:32 PM
you will learn new abilities during the game
in fact, the factions will teach you

smallvillefan27
11-13-2009, 06:52 PM
thats what i mean, can you learn than all from the start so you can use them all game

Iskander_Estel
11-13-2009, 06:57 PM
no, you can't... you need to progress through the story line

JudgeQwerty
11-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Related question. Would we be allowed to customize Ezio by selecting which abilities we recieve?

Iskander_Estel
11-13-2009, 07:19 PM
i dont think so
but we will select our armor and things like that
the abilities are learn during the main mission so it's most likely you'll need to obtain all of them to progress in the game.

PSH_Nagisa
11-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:
Related question. Would we be allowed to customize Ezio by selecting which abilities we recieve?

Actually, i believe you will be able to customise Ezio's abilities. in the video below a developer states that you can pay to learn to throw 4 throwing knives at once; killing 4 guards at once. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWICKs6pJis

smallvillefan27
11-13-2009, 07:33 PM
i was just hoping that would could learn all of our abilities from the begining because its just sucks to learn the cool stuff and then the game is almost over

PSH_Nagisa
11-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by smallvillefan27:
i was just hoping that would could learn all of our abilities from the begining because its just sucks to learn the cool stuff and then the game is almost over
If you learn all of the abilities at the beginning, why finish the game? What do you have to look forward to? Not to mention it would make the game incredibly boring...

smallvillefan27
11-13-2009, 07:43 PM
have to seriously disagree, im in the game for the story and the action, if i get all my abilities at the start, its more time for me to enjoy them all

PSH_Nagisa
11-13-2009, 07:47 PM
have to seriously disagree, im in the game for the story and the action, if i get all my abilities at the start, its more time for me to enjoy them all

Character progression. I think they have been shoving this down our throats for a while...Ezio starts out as a bewildered kid and it takes him 40 years to become a master assassin. You don't even have the abilities to climb some of the really tall towers when you start the game. General build-up of skill/ability is what your going to see.

smallvillefan27
11-13-2009, 07:51 PM
this is their baby and i cant judge how they built the game, and im going to play it reguardless cause this freaking game rocks, i would just rather spend my time making money, killing guards and progressing through the story rather than learnign abilities i should already have.

PSH_Nagisa
11-13-2009, 07:54 PM
this is their baby and i cant judge how they built the game, and im going to play it reguardless cause this freaking game rocks, i would just rather spend my time making money, killing guards and progressing through the story rather than learnign abilities i should already have.

Just a question... what adventure game have you played that had you start with your full list of abilities and full stats and health? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
I don't know of any such game that exists

smallvillefan27
11-13-2009, 08:00 PM
valid point...i just want more time with all my toys....and there is no new game+ so it just sucks you dont get to use the cool stuff until the game is alomost finished

PSH_Nagisa
11-13-2009, 08:03 PM
valid point...i just want more time with all my toys....and there is no new game+ so it just sucks you dont get to use the cool stuff until the game is alomost finished

I see your point as well, and I hope they allow you to replay the game again with all your armors and abilities unlocked once you have beat it. Also I hope that when you load up the game after you have completed it, and you want to replay a section, that you don't have to sit there and listen to a Al-Mualim-esque character talk for 35-40 minutes. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

LaurenIsSoMosh
11-13-2009, 08:16 PM
i should already have. But you shouldn't already have them.

At the start of the game, Ezio is not a trained Assassin, which is why he's not going to understand some moves like disarming weapons, propping up a dead guy to look like he's just sitting there, and performing climbing leaps. Why would an Italian nobleman studying to become a banker ever need to know those kinds of things?

You say you're here for the story. Well, this is part of the story. You can't have those things early on because that would mess up the story and cause "WTH?" moments.

smallvillefan27
11-13-2009, 10:16 PM
what i mean is, i wish once you become an assasin you get the option to learn all of your moves and such when you want so you can be a fully trained assasin when you start on your life work

LaurenIsSoMosh
11-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Technically, you can, I think. When you first become an Assassin, you can do missions for the factions or do story missions. By doing faction missions, you'll be rewarded with new abilities. Again, I think.

Some moves may be restricted until much later in the game, though, in order to balance the game as well as to better show character progression. Like I said, it just wouldn't make sense for Ezio, wet under the Assassin ears, to be disarming people like a pro, performing social stealth tricks that only a wise Assassin would know, and climbing towers with the best of them.

I totally see what you're getting at about not wanting the game to end five minutes after you just learned the coolest of all moves, but I'm sure you'll get all of your moves with plenty of time left in your adventure to enjoy them.

smallvillefan27
11-13-2009, 11:26 PM
well if what your saying is correct that you learn moves by doing the faction stuff i dont mind that at leat i can put in the work of learning all my stuff on side missions, THEN once im fully trained i can work on the main story line i just dont wanna feel restricted that you have to do this mission to get this, or vice versa, and i dont mind earning the stuff by any means, i just dont want the game to be over when i do

magesupermaster
11-13-2009, 11:30 PM
you must progress through the game to unlock abilities and faction service,from the start its all locked and requiers story progression,

*SPOILER*
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Ezio can climb and do a leap of faith</span>

EzioAssassin51
11-13-2009, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
you must progress through the game to unlock abilities and faction service,from the start its all locked and requiers story progression,

*SPOILER*
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Ezio can climb and do a leap of faith</span>

I'm pretty sure we know everything you just said (even the spoiler) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

unless you mean he can do a leap of faith while climbing! That'll be cool!

Darkstar6545
11-14-2009, 05:07 PM
maybe if there's a new game + http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif