PDA

View Full Version : A Theory

arab-prince
05-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Well first off this isnt my theory, but i read about it, and it seems obsurd but could end up making some sense.

The theory is that Altair isnt actually an assasin, but a menal person, who is just imagining the whole game in his head. What makes sense about it, is that in the video we see how teh screen goes fuzzy at times, and the developer said that when you die the screen gets blurry, etc. Like this whole thing is in a guys head.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_zdegm/is_200512/ai_n15703523

Thats what Electronic Gaming Monthly said, cant find the exact article though.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Arhodus
05-11-2006, 04:35 PM
He kicks lots of *** in the trailer, for a mental person. Thing I don't understand is, he killed the "guards" in plain sight of other people. not very Assassin-ish, more like Zorro-ish heh http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif and after that he just ran off.

Trailer = awesome, yet I find the story behind it interesting and kinda weird.

Yog1243
05-11-2006, 08:57 PM
I don't think that he is mental. Altair is an assassian. If he was mental he couldn't take the time to easedrop all that good or complete missions and stuff.

I think the reason the video goes blurry like that is to show the fact that he can hide into people.

At the end he will prpbably flashback on what happened. That could be the reason why the screen goes blurry ,because he is remembering the past ? It could also be used to detect how nearby an enemy is or something. There are many things that will be known once you played the game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FireEmpress
05-11-2006, 11:56 PM
his blurred visions look like it's seen through a hi-tech computer.

Therefore, he is assassin from the future http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Oh yeah, how would you explain his ability to detect his next target?
Methinks it's some gadget (from the future) ^__~

Malekh
05-12-2006, 03:34 AM
A mental patient? Hehe... I doubt it :P

We have to remember that Assassin's Creed isn't just going to be one game. It's a franchise. I'm guessing the other game(s) will be set in a very different time period... Historic, present, future... and of course still be connected to the 1st game.

There's obviously some form of involvement with the future/present though... Now whether the "game" is just a simulation of events... or whether the assassin is actually being controlled in the past from the future.. Well who knows...

AlexCrimson
05-12-2006, 10:49 AM
People who are mentally insane arent always slobbering idiots. Jack the Ripper may have left a real mess when he was finished, but he was also never caught because he was so smart. Some of the most dangerous people are the ones who are insane, but also very maticulous at the same time.

And Assassins dont always run off of stealth. When all else fails, go for the shock-and-awe method. Which means go in, kill the person right in front of everyone, and than get out of there while the enemy is sitting there wondering what hit them.

DarK_PhoeniX_22
05-12-2006, 02:27 PM
those who played thief will know that Garett the master thief has a mechanical eye allowing him to zoomin & out just like in binoculars

princeofyo
05-12-2006, 03:29 PM
I really don't tlike the idea of the game being all in the head of a mental person...it's just too random and doesn't make sense...

How will the series end? The Mental guy gets theoropy? I don't think so http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

AssassinsCreed
05-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Ok, there are many possibilities, we haven't even played the damn thing so I'll also just speculate for now-

The mental patient idea sounds interesting, so does the assassin from future, but instead of mental patient could he not be an actual assassin or fighter who's in some kind in a coma? Suppose he's some present-day Arab assassin who was on a mission to eliminate some political leaders on both sides but he gets injured in the head in battle and goes into coma?

*Thinks about present day Palestine-Israel... hmm Ariel Sharon... Hamas.... hmmm eeeevill... hmmmm*

CSL_Bloody
05-12-2006, 04:44 PM
I seriously dont think he is mental at all... There was an interview with one of guy who made Assasin's Creed and he said that he was an assasin.

Entertainer-
05-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Please God let none of this be true.

I was just about to post a thread to speculate on the supposed 'futuristic' elements of the trailers and interviews, but this looks like the perfect place.

I can see where people are getting the idea that Altair is either from the future, or is in some sort of Matrix-like simulation, as there are enough hints in the trailers and interviews to warrant gossip.

If any of this is true, let me just say that I think it is a terrible idea. I was really looking forward to an immersive, medieval experience grounded in reality, something I feel to be lacking in the gaming world, and when I first saw the Project Assassin's stuff, I was over the moon. Now, after seeing the Assassin's Creed trailers and interviews, I'm incredibly excited about the game, but equally terrified of Ubisoft giving us a hackneyed 'sent back in time to prevent a disastrous future' plot.

I find the mental patient imagining the whole game equally offensive because it also takes away from the realism, and is reminiscent of the TV show Dallas€ €˜dream season€ farce.

princeofyo
05-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Entertainer-:
Please God let none of this be true.

I was just about to post a thread to speculate on the supposed 'futuristic' elements of the trailers and interviews, but this looks like the perfect place.

I can see where people are getting the idea that Altair is either from the future, or is in some sort of Matrix-like simulation, as there are enough hints in the trailers and interviews to warrant gossip.

If any of this is true, let me just say that I think it is a terrible idea. I was really looking forward to an immersive, medieval experience grounded in reality, something I feel to be lacking in the gaming world, and when I first saw the Project Assassin's stuff, I was over the moon. Now, after seeing the Assassin's Creed trailers and interviews, I'm incredibly excited about the game, but equally terrified of Ubisoft giving us a hackneyed 'sent back in time to prevent a disastrous future' plot.

I find the mental patient imagining the whole game equally offensive because it also takes away from the realism, and is reminiscent of the TV show Dallas€ €˜dream season€ farce.

I compleatly agree with you

Zapages
05-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Hey maybe your theory is right:

It's actually a very intirguing game. We got it demoed to us. I'll post impressions of EVERYTHING tomorrow, but for now, I'll leave you with the headspinner that...

...it's partly NOT set in medieval times. In fact it's part set IN THE FUTURE. Seriously. Yes, I know it sounds dumb, but it ain't.

Scroll a bit down to read it..

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100427

arab-prince
05-12-2006, 08:51 PM
I think some of your missed my point. My point is that you play as the assasin, you doo all teh medieval goodness. But in the end it'll show that all of these events, the assasinations, the jumping, the running, etc. but its all occuring in someones head. Like someone is imaging that they are living this, like I said maybe a mental person, or maybe like someone else said, which is parallel to my theory, that he is in a coma.

Again, this is all speculation, considering I havent read too many articles on the game or even played it, so yea. And what was that I read about 360 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

k2nt8_6t4
05-12-2006, 09:45 PM
maybe it's sam fisher from the past
or
sam fisher in vr training

NewtypeSC
05-12-2006, 10:24 PM
then why would his left ring finger be cut off if it was in his mind. his left ring finger was removed and his dagger installed when he joined the Assassins Guild before the third crusade.

Malekh
05-13-2006, 03:10 AM
It's clearly NOT someone imagining it. Then why all the high tech? Last I heard you didn't need something reminiscent of VR to imagine things. :P

FireEmpress
05-13-2006, 05:49 AM
I think the idea of the game being set in medieval times and the future is teh awesomeness.

That way we can live and play through the both times.

kew414
05-13-2006, 05:55 AM
What high tech stuff? All I can figure out what you's are saying is how in the E3 trailer how the screen goes all wierdish like 3 times...

Lhorkan
05-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Perhaps the eagle vision? Who knows. It better not be an imaginary person, and no futuristic stuff either.

DBSithis
05-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by FireEmpress:
his blurred visions look like it's seen through a hi-tech computer.

Therefore, he is assassin from the future http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Oh yeah, how would you explain his ability to detect his next target?
Methinks it's some gadget (from the future) ^__~
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gifProbable. I can see it now, "an assassin from the future sent back in time to destroy the blemishes of our past for a better tommorow!"

OH_DragonBoy
05-13-2006, 03:51 PM
I can't believe I'm even considering posting here...but, ahh hell.

One idea I got isn't "assassin of the future" or anything, but just that the guy is simply losing his mind, or so he thinks. Instead, however, he is getting glimpses of the future, and that is how his targets are picked, as he is given a vision of the future where these people are allowed to live...so he kills them off.

arab-prince
05-13-2006, 04:05 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3421069244

look at Zaps post, last paragraph or so.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Zapages
05-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Hey guys

Something for everyone to ponder about from Mr. B. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

No time travel in this game.

There's definitely something strange going on tho.

Don't tell me that they are going to stimulate the presence of the assassin's taking drugs... (Historically speaking)...

halcyoneg
05-13-2006, 09:14 PM
This is what Gamespot said in their E3 preview:

LOS ANGELES--Assassin's Creed is being shown only behind closed doors at Ubisoft's booth at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, but it's easily one of the most impressive games in the company's large lineup. In development for two years by the team responsible for the outstanding and influential Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Assassin's Creed is stylish, moody, visually stunning, and original. It offers a stunning level of freedom of movement, incredibly lifelike animation, believable artificial intelligence, and a level of nuanced detail like we haven't seen before in any previous game.

A quick glance at Assassin's Creed quickly brings to mind a number of other recent outstanding games. It boasts very fluid animation and an incredibly maneuverable main character, much like in Prince of Persia. It's got a medieval setting and emergent, open-ended gameplay similar to Oblivion. It has huge, lifelike cityscapes not unlike the recent Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, albeit a thousand years in the past. And it's reminiscent of the Thief series, if only because of its inconspicuous, independent, and resourceful main character and the anti-medieval-establishment premise. Finally, the open-ended "sandbox" world of the game is easy to compare to Grand Theft Auto. However, this is clearly no cookie-cutter clone of a game. Its distinctive, beautifully crafted visual style and surprising twists give it an identity all its own.

"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." That is the assassins' creed, suggesting that anything is possible given the proper frame of mind. This game seemingly takes place during the Third Crusade under Richard the Lionheart, sometime in the late 12th century. You play as a character named Altair--an assassin by trade, armed with a deadly wrist blade, an unconcealed sword at his side, and a quiver of crossbow bolts at his back. He's clearly a powerful fighter (and a trained horseback rider--he enters town by pressing forth on horseback). Faced with aggressive threats from all sides, Altair can slice them up in an instant, using flashy and devastating counterattacks to strike the enemies when they least expect it. However, even he can't necessarily withstand a city full of violent guards, not to mention mobs of civilians. So it pays for Altair to keep it cool.

To that end, he can find his mark by working his way through the crowds. It's difficult to explain why this appears so remarkable, but essentially, the way in which Altair moves through the crowds demonstrates two things about gaming: One, that very few games (before this one) have successfully presented what seems like a bustling city environment, filled with a sufficient number of different-looking people. And two, that very few games (before this one) have done a halfway-decent job of making the player's character interact realistically with other characters and objects. In Assassin's Creed, when you brush up near other characters wandering the streets, Altair uses his hands to move the individuals out of his path nonchalantly, as well you might in real life while trying to wade through the masses at a concert, or maybe at a huge video game convention (the game's creative director cited the concert scenario specifically). But you don't need to keep it cool if you don't want to. Altair can draw attention to himself by shoving civilians out of his way forcefully, or by acting in any other aggressive of suspicious manner. Whether you want to blend into the background or act all macho, Assassin's Creed seems to let you.

Watching the populace's reactions to the main character was really special. Characters would visibly frown or raise their eyebrows as Altair jumped around and like a madman in their vicinity. And when he took a swing at a random civilian, genuine panic ensued. The victim fell to the ground in pain as nearby villagers stood in shock or ran off screaming. Altair pressed the attack, and seemingly as the civilians realized the threat they were facing, some of them rallied, encircling Altair and making it difficult for him to escape. This is where the momentum-based movement comes into play. The quicker you move, the easier it is to lose footing. In practice, this all seemed quite believable.

Incidentally, the name Altair is Arabic for "the flying eagle," and indeed, the creative director of the game confirmed that the eagle was the inspiration for the character. You need to see Altair in motion to appreciate how cool he is. Remarkably, all of the animation was done by hand, which doesn't explain why it's able to look so real, but does explain why it's able to look so good. Altair has a move for every situation. It's hard to describe in specific detail why something as simple as, say, how he touches a nearby stone wall can look so good, except to say that Altair simply looks much more real in motion than most any other video game character we've ever seen.

The three cities in Assassin's Creed will be his playground. According to the designers, any surface that extends out more than two inches from a wall can be latched onto by Altair, who'd make for a champion rock climber. He can scale many surfaces and mantle up onto anything he can grab. Yet the city itself looks incredibly real. (We even got to see the whole thing from a high vantagepoint after climbing to a very tall building, though the frame rate dropped...we're confident that visual blemishes like these will all be fixed.) The game gives a strangely liberatitng feeling--Altair is like a superhero but his abilities don't seem superhuman, for the most part. The creative director for the game noted that many of his moves were inspired by the sport of free-running, sort of like skateboarding without the skateboard. We saw this in action as Altair deftly skipped his way across rafters high up above a civilian populace obliviously wandering below.

Here Altair finally found his mark, revealed to him through his eagle vision, which highlights the would-be victim with a faint glow. By blending in with a group of clergymen (whom he had helped previously--don't expect to be aided without reciprocity), Altair was able to approach a haughty guardsman apparently in charge of executing civilians ostracized under King Richard's reign. In a flash, the guardsman is slain, sating Altair's wristknife--and thus begins Altair's escape as an entire town erupts into bitter chaos.

The mob proves to be too much even for this capable killer. Altair fights bravely but is knocked from his feet as he attempts to flee (the faster you move, the more you stand to lose balance). Strangely, as he takes damage, the screen starts to distort. And when he finally dies, the screen fades out entirely, to reveal...a computer heads-up display. System offline. What...the...

The futuristic twist to Assassin's Creed is a mind-boggling highlight to an amazing first showing. Ubisoft promises that Assassin's Creed will be an open-ended action game that lets players act however they wish. This isn't a stealth game--if you want to fight your way to your victim, you can try. There will be subquests to undertake, alliances to forge, secrets to discover, and, hopefully, all the other aspects of a free-roaming world that we've come to enjoy. But it's truly just the level of detail on display in Assassin's Creed that has us so impressed, in addition to the art direction as a whole. We can't wait to see more of this game, but we'll patiently wait for it to come together so that it might live up to all of its potential. The game is slated to release next year. Stay tuned to GameSpot for more coverage in the intervening months.

princeofyo
05-13-2006, 10:38 PM
I will be so @$%^* angry if Ubisoft adds any of this Sci-Fi **** to this should-be-perfect game.

They say they are going with historically accuracy, and yet I'm seeing previews and rumors that there will be futuristic stuff or that the guy is a mental patient.

I mean come on! How unnessesary and random is this?!

I don't know about you guys, but good stories play an important part in videos games, and it would be much better if they just stuck to historiccaly fact.

What will happen at the end of the game? The guy gets transfored to another ward?

Lhorkan
05-14-2006, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by princeofyo:
I will be so @$%^* angry if Ubisoft adds any of this Sci-Fi **** to this should-be-perfect game.

They say they are going with historically accuracy, and yet I'm seeing previews and rumors that there will be futuristic stuff or that the guy is a mental patient.

I don't know about you guys, but good stories play an important part in videos games, and it would be much better if they just stuck to historiccaly fact.

What will happen at the end of the game? The guy gets transfored to another ward?

I can't agree more.

kingsturgeon
05-14-2006, 02:54 PM
The time travel theory sounds good. Sands of time :-)

Sturgeon's theory:

The main character is a 'Highlander' type. A special breed of human(?) assassin who can live for thousands of years (genetic mutation ?).

He's reached a point in the future where his life is in grave danger; as he slips in and out of consciousness he relives his key assassinations from the past.

Every successful mission reveals more of the story and also provides the possibilities of sequels set in different time periods.

'One assassin's fight to regain consciousness from the dark nightmares of his past.'

rajsoloman
05-14-2006, 04:11 PM
im thinking it will be something like that, u all know no matter how stupid and random the premise seems now, we all know the PoP team will make it into an epic story spannind centuries. i'm also think the futuristic portion will be either present-day or really near future not like, thousands of years in the future

CrackerMonkey
05-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Of all the theories I've heard, I gotta say I like the sound of Sturgeons the best, although it would be kinda cheap. Why would this 'immortal warrior' risk his endless life just by killing of some historically rather unimportant persons. I mean, why would he care? Of course, it is possible that he attain that status in-game, maybe near the end. Still sounds kinda fishy though.

Couldn't be a mental patient, 'cause it would make absolutely no sense at all. Why in the world would he dream about being a member of a secretive assassin's guild in the middle east some 1000 years ago? Not very likely.

Time travel? Nah, why wouldn't he just use a firearm to off his targets instead of a blade? Not to mention the unforseen consequences and possible paradoxes this might provoke. (The good old "What happens if you somehow prevent your own birth" argument.) Additionally, the chick in this interview (http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/772/772025/vids_1.html) says that you're going to assassinate historically accurate individuals, which suggests that you won't change the course of history, only follow it.

Now, what I would like (and this is not to be mistaken for what I think it will be because I haven't made up my mind yet) is a truly epic tale of a worldwide conspiracy. Both the knights templar and the Hashashin have been subject to many conspriracy theories over the ages, especially the former, and this would serve excellent as a plot outline. Think of it as a plan that was started millenia ago, by people that foresaw a new world order, even if it would take multiple generations to get there. I'm talking about a grand line-up of games here, where every installment of the franchise would take the scheme to the next "age", so to speak. In the end, you would end up in the modern world and conclude the conspiracy. Now that I think of it, this would make a great trilogy, with the first set in medieval times, the second in the late renaissance and the last in the present.
Unfortunately, this scenario doesn't seem very likely, due to the matrix-like thing-a-ma-jig that we've all so concerned. Still, it could be from the last installment where the main guy then investigates his factions history via holograms or VR or something, starting with the assassins in Jerusalem up to the present. I must admit that this sounds a little too far-fetched, but it would be so cool, so I'm willing to hope.

(Disclaimer: No, I'm NOT a maniacal conspiracy theorist, though I find the ideas behind them interesting.)

Tlepolemus7
05-14-2006, 04:33 PM

absolutely agree, this WILL be an amazing game, with the realistic assasinations and the elements of freerunning incorporated into a totally interactive world. I don't understand why anyone would want to ruin a game like this with a storyline that gets players off the medievel mindset. Normally, stories are pretty easy, you make one that helps your character along, maybe add something that will rile the player up, but nothing too fancy should be necesary as long as you are working with a good game. Normally, stories can only help a game and will hardly ever hurt it. But in this case, it looks like the story will be the ONLY thing hurting my precious new 'favorite game'.

fatcat217
05-14-2006, 04:35 PM
im fairly sure its not a mental patients dillireum, but i think that it is the highlander theory, but instead of reliving your memories you have amnesia in the future and there is a machine that you use to relive your most influential past experences like important assassinations

DBSithis
05-14-2006, 04:39 PM
If the main character turned out to be an insane person€¦that would suck the €œcool€ right out of him. So much for that series€¦

CrackerMonkey
05-15-2006, 12:43 AM
Well, I wouldn't worry about it. Like I said, I am absolutely 100% sure that the the mental patient theory is complete rubbish. It's stretching it way too far after just one video and a few screens plus some cryptic comments from journalists who've seen some matrix-like HUD. Why all the high-tech if it's all just in his head? It just doesn't make sense.

I still think my devious conspriacy theory is the best bet yet. Or a variation of it at least.

Keksus
05-15-2006, 02:42 AM
I dont want any time travel, mental patient, or future assassin game.

Time Travel was cool in PoP. But now it's enough.
I want a game set in medieval times, where i am an assassin. a unimportant person, who just eliminates important persons, to destroy or save the holy land http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif like it was told os in the first trailer, and the first informations we got.

arab-prince
05-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Lol, yeah the Sturgeon's theory sounds quite similiar to Hitman:Contracts. Anyone ever play that?

CrackerMonkey
05-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Yeah, me. That was kinda sweet, but I felt that the previous assassinations 47 thought about in that appartment didn't really relate at all to why he was wounded. That's my only complaint though. Great game otherwise.

CrackerMonkey
05-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Ok, IGN says:
There seems to be a whole lot of stuff about the game that we haven't been clued in on yet. For example, the game's HUD has a futuristic look with a technology-skewed symbol sitting at the base of your health bar. Ubisoft was quite tight-lipped about why this is, but we're told the story is one that spans a great length of time and that there's quite a bit of historical conspiracy intertwined within. Intriguing, to be certain.
Hmmm? See now why I think it's a conspriacy spanning hundreds of years with the templars and hashashin involved? Maybe this Altair fella isn't the only character we'll get to play as? Who knows... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Vey03
05-15-2006, 09:54 PM
"Great length of time"
How great is 'great'? Lol. A little open to interpretation, but i guess that's why there's talk of sequels.

So either you will end up playing with different characters as the story unfolds and the 'war' goes on, or you are some sort of 'matrix' or immortal guy, and then you'll just play as him throughout the whole series.
Or you're having some kind of dreams?

As was said, there's something odd going on in any case.
We'll have to wait for more info.

Strabr93
05-15-2006, 10:10 PM
I really hope this game has no sci-fi/odd-thing twists to it. I'd like the game to be just plain and simple medieval times with no oddities thrown in.

I've never been a fan of strange endings to things like the Trueman Show or whatever it was called. I prefer the main focus of the game to relate to the beginning or end of the game, and not branch off all of a sudden in the final cinimatic, or have wierd hints cropping up after each mission or two. Sorry if this doesn't make much sense to you guys, but it's kinda late and all.

gibbo3000
05-16-2006, 12:05 AM
okay. settle own with the high tech.
in the interview the producer said that the game will be very historically accurate. you will be killing actual historical people and the places will be acurate to the times. you are a member of a little known group of assasins.

why would this be in a mental patients mind and why would he have special technologies. it is a historical game taht isn't random and it is about time that one came out like this.

CrackerMonkey
05-16-2006, 02:57 AM
Gah, I wish people would at least read my theory, as it is the most probable yet. This won't be a totally historical/realistic game. No games are. (except maybe Operation Flashpoint but that gets rather dull after a while since it's TOO realistic.) My guess is that the setting is accurate with Jerusalem and Acre and stuff and that the guys that you kill (or some of them at least) really did exist, but other that, I pretty sure the whole high-tech thing isn't 100% totally historical. That would just be wierd. But if the story incorporates some conspiracy theories, that would just fit right in as it is the nature of these conspiracies to be impossible to prove wrong. Nobody can prove that they didn't exist, since organizations like the templars and the hashashin liked to keep their activities secret. So don't you see that this would be a great basis for a storyline spanning hundreds of years? Also, Altair isn't the same as the guy who wakes up from the Matrix-like thing, should we believe the accuracy of the reports we've seen so far. This would suggest that he isn't some immortal warrior, unless he's had plastic surgery sometime over the ages. So either we've got the conspiracy theme (which i support) with a guy looking back at the past of the organization or something, or alternatively we've got the cheesy time-travel thing that none of us are too fond of.

Keksus
05-16-2006, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by CrackerMonkey:
Gah, I wish people would at least read my theory, as it is the most probable yet. This won't be a totally historical/realistic game. No games are. (except maybe Operation Flashpoint but that gets rather dull after a while since it's TOO realistic.) My guess is that the setting is accurate with Jerusalem and Acre and stuff and that the guys that you kill (or some of them at least) really did exist, but other that, I pretty sure the whole high-tech thing isn't 100% totally historical. That would just be wierd. But if the story incorporates some conspiracy theories, that would just fit right in as it is the nature of these conspiracies to be impossible to prove wrong. Nobody can prove that they didn't exist, since organizations like the templars and the hashashin liked to keep their activities secret. So don't you see that this would be a great basis for a storyline spanning hundreds of years? Also, Altair isn't the same as the guy who wakes up from the Matrix-like thing, should we believe the accuracy of the reports we've seen so far. This would suggest that he isn't some immortal warrior, unless he's had plastic surgery sometime over the ages. So either we've got the conspiracy theme (which i support) with a guy looking back at the past of the organization or something, or alternatively we've got the cheesy time-travel thing that none of us are too fond of.

The most probable, is the theroy, that youre just an assassin in medieval times.

Tlepolemus7
05-16-2006, 08:55 AM
Gah, I wish people would at least read my theory

Gah, I wish people would at least read previous replies.

Ubisoft was quite tight-lipped about why this is, but we're told the story is one that spans a great length of time and that there's quite a bit of historical conspiracy intertwined within. Intriguing, to be certain.

This won't be a totally historical/realistic game.

no games can be completely historically acurate, especially not when the games take you back thousands of years to a little known group of assassins. HOWEVER, I seriously doubt Ubi would talk about wanting to keep things as historically acurate as possible, then smack us all in the face with some randomly generated futuristic storyline.

Red_Mercury901
05-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Hopefully the most will be some guy looking from the future back into the past. It would still be random but better than the whole 'Terminator' type idea. I think they should make a game similar to this with ninjas. Yeah! Everybody loves ninjas! But more seriously, I think the future thing would ruin the storyline. And what's up with the dagger coming out of his finger? Why not just out his sleave? WHY his finger?

Lhorkan
05-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Red_Mercury901:
Why not just out his sleave? WHY his finger?

It's a new level of cool to have a weapon inside your body, I suppose.

Red_Mercury901
05-16-2006, 10:49 AM
I see.... I think.. like Dr.Gadget? Anyway it doesn't do it for me. But what the hel, that's nothing. I shouldn't be complaining about that. I should just concentrate on the game itself. Now THAT is cool.... wwoooowwwww http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

Zapages
05-16-2006, 12:31 PM
He said that Ubi already has sequels planned for the Assassins IP that will spawn across different times. He didn't go into much more detail then that.

An UBI represenative in back said that during E3... According to the poster at NeoGAF.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101194

CrackerMonkey
05-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Keksus:
The most probable, is the theroy, that youre just an assassin in medieval times.
Not really, no. The matrix-like effects and the fact that the developers themselves said that it will "span a great deal of time" and that it will be "linked to the future" in some way suggests that it won't be something as regular as that.

Originally posted by Tlepolemus7:
Gah, I wish people would at least read previous replies.
What are you trying to say? You hadn't replied to my theory.

no games can be completely historically acurate, especially not when the games take you back thousands of years to a little known group of assassins. HOWEVER, I seriously doubt Ubi would talk about wanting to keep things as historically acurate as possible, then smack us all in the face with some randomly generated futuristic storyline.
Well, they have actually said both things. In the IGN interview the chick (always forget her name) told us that the levels and victims (at least the most prominent ones) are historically accurate, but at the same time all the previews say that this matrix-thing appears when you die which would suggest some sci-fi element.

Keksus
05-16-2006, 02:36 PM
I hope the only future scenes in the first AC game are the Game Over Screens.

CrackerMonkey
05-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Yeah, that would seem pretty probable actually. At least in-game. Cut-scenes I'm less sure about. I can't imagine that the developers would make two different characters and two different worlds with maybe even two different combat systems in one game. That would take too much time and would probably be showcased as a major game feature. In the sequels however there might be room for more future-based gameplay.

CrackerMonkey
05-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Posted by Red_Mercury901:
And what's up with the dagger coming out of his finger? Why not just out his sleave? WHY his finger?
Actually, it does come out from his sleeve:

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2118/bsplayer200605168um.jpg

EDIT:
Hmmm... Sorry for doubleposting.

Keksus
05-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by CrackerMonkey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted by Red_Mercury901:
And what's up with the dagger coming out of his finger? Why not just out his sleave? WHY his finger?
Actually, it does come out from his sleeve:

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2118/bsplayer200605168um.jpg

EDIT:
Hmmm... Sorry for doubleposting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought he had the dagger instead of his left ringfinger. it looks so at the background from ubisoft

CrackerMonkey
05-16-2006, 07:49 PM
Yeah? Well, I did some research and it appears that it is actually coming from his sleeve. It just looks like it's his finger because of the way he's holding it. Check my other thread for more details.

Yog1243
05-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Zapages:
Hey guys

Something for everyone to ponder about from Mr. B. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No time travel in this game.

There's definitely something strange going on tho.

Don't tell me that they are going to stimulate the presence of the assassin's taking drugs... (Historically speaking)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>They might be indeed taking drugs. There are a number of theriories about seieng the futire and stuff. I think as the game progresses Altair's powers of seeing the future or membering his past will grow.

I think if Altair sees the futire there are still some things that he won't know.

Also, if Altair does get these visions on who to target I think that his targets he kills would have changed the future ,but with thir deaths the future itself is changed from what it should have been. That menas that Altair could really be helping this war go on.

I think that Altair doesn't remember who he was neither. He could have bene brainwashed into a killing machiene or something like that and he is trying to get loose.

ShadowBurne
05-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Ok, please take into consideration the fact that the history of the Hashashin in the Crusades is a total conspiracy. It's proven fact, look it up. The game will feature people who were actually assassinated in that time period.
Now for my theory: well it's technically my theory but I am adapting to a previously posted theory. The game takes place in the 3rd Crusade, therefore technology will stay the same coinciding with that era, wood and stone and primitive metals. Now then, Ubi declared that the sequels that will be coming out will further explain the history that is the Assassins. Therefore, the entire story won't be explained in this 1 game. It is merely a peice of the puzzle, which I find fascinating. I have done explicit research on the Assassins, to some extent, and have come up with a simple explanation that could potentially be incorrect. OK, I bet the future is somehow involved (by "future" I mean our present-day) and like the Ubi and many other game sites said "No time travel whatsoever". No mental patient, no amnesia or psychosis, or anything of that sorts, but a man telling the story in the background, probably a descendant of 1 of the Assassin's who had passed on information and his stories generation to generation. Finally coming to this one, telling the story of his great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather. And as for the flickering screen, the unusual HUD screen, the purty little simple underneath the healthbar, I don't really have an explanation for that but maybe...the story teller has some kind of connection with a virtual reality machine, I have no clue. Actually, wait no, that's stupid, lol. But I still believe that someone in our present day is telling the story of this guy that has passed on through the ages. That kind of explains the future aspect of the game, but only partially. I'll gladly accept any ideas that future posters have to fill in the gaps. And if some of you don't agree with my idea, well that's okay too. The game is being very, very secretive so many speculations are bound to pop up, some probably even more insane than mine, lol.

CrackerMonkey
05-17-2006, 03:16 AM
Exactly, that's just what I meant! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Glad someone finally paid my theory some attention.

Now, let's just cross fingers for the historical conspiracy plot. I just hope it's that and not a weird mental patient setting or a cheesy VR-training mode for some guy in the future. That would suck.

Dudelike
05-17-2006, 01:09 PM
This game has almost the same mysterious part as assassin's themselves http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Keksus
05-17-2006, 02:45 PM
I have a new Theory about Altair. I think he isn't a assassin all over the game. The assassins let themself get killed, after they assassinated their target. But Altair assassinates his target, and escapes. Maybe he is in the assassins guild for his 1. Mission. But he escaped after he killed his target. and when he gets banned from the guild. and has to find oput their next targets, to protect them for the guild, or has to assassinate them, before the guild does. This will be the players choice.

ShadowBurne
05-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Posted by Keksus
I have a new Theory about Altair. I think he isn't a assassin all over the game. The assassins let themself get killed, after they assassinated their target. But Altair assassinates his target, and escapes. Maybe he is in the assassins guild for his 1. Mission. But he escaped after he killed his target. and when he gets banned from the guild. and has to find oput their next targets, to protect them for the guild, or has to assassinate them, before the guild does. This will be the players choice.

That is actually a good theory, Keksus. It actually kind of makes sense. Maybe there is even a sort of "revenge" aspect to the game. I'll have to think about that one more closely, but I like the sound of it. He joined the guild, killed target #1 but didn't have the nerves to let himself die, ditch the scene, and therefore the guild exiled him. And the whole conspiracy is that this one man didn't exist for he screwed up the Assassin Guild and their missions to save the Holy Land from the Crusaders. So the guild tried to discard his existance because maybe he was such a troublemaker they thought it best to wipe him out of the history books. And his Great great great great great great great great (etc.) grandson is probably telling his story and they're using some sort of advanced technology to relive the many accounts of this one man's life in the Crusades! Wow, I went a little overboard, lol, but I think that could work!! Somehow. I would have to rethink this over and clear up the gaps. Thanks Keksus! That theory opened my eyes!

Vey03
05-20-2006, 05:02 AM
Ok, so what about the part in the trailer that says you can either save or destroy the kingdom?
How is it possible for someone to be telling a story they don't know the end to?
And if we don't know the end, and we can influence the result this much, Altair needs to actually be there to do this. Or someone needs to be there to do this.
I like the explanation that someone else posted in another post, about there being a machine that strips you of the 'mask' you present to the outside world, and shows the real you. You could pick a situation, or it picks one for you, and you do what it is in your true nature to do. So the ending is unknown, you could choose to go either way, or straight down the middle. Which then, is at the player's discretion.

Illuminate1992
05-20-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Mouse03:
How is it possible for someone to be telling a story they don't know the end to?

Well maybe there will be an assassin's creed 2 where some1 else picks up on the story and carrys on, or the same character just carrys on the story.

OH_DragonBoy
05-20-2006, 03:25 PM
I'm, for some reason unknown to me*, beginning to wonder whether the game will have the same ambience as Half Life 2 - oppressive, depressing, broken, overrun...that kind of thing.
And also, maybe it is the same as Primal, in that when you die, you return to the normal world, and have to quickly do something to return to the 12th century...

*Maybe it's because I'm listening to the soundtrack?

arab-prince
05-20-2006, 08:43 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/projectassassins/sho...-28096927&pid=930022 (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/projectassassins/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-28096927&pid=930022)

Basically the thing I said...o.0

ShadowBurne
05-20-2006, 09:07 PM
OK, that guy who put that post on that forum about the mental patient saying his relative works in Ubisoft, is complete bull****. People who work for Ubi are under a legal contract that terminates their freedom of talking about a game in the making to ANYONE. I know it's stupid but someone wouldn't risk getting fired by telling their nephew or whatever about what a game of any sorts is about. That guy is just trying to make his theory more probable. I'm sorry to say that he failed. Ubi wants this game a secret and they will do anything to keep that secret until release. The Mental Patient Theory is scrapped.

Back to my idea, yes you brought up an interesting point that someone who is telling the story of this man's life couldn't tell of a double ending. So it leaves me thinking about what else could be going on here. I totally disagree with the Mental Patient Theory. It's just way too far-fetched; sorry arab-prince. I'll need to think about the Storyteller Theory more carefully, thanks everyone.

jfloyd1991
05-20-2006, 10:49 PM
ok first of all he can't be a present day arab assassin just look around the game takes place during the third Crusades they even tell you.

Secondly, they are probably going to put it on xbox 360 because a guy at E3 got to play it and all people saw was that they handed him a xbox 360 controller ( I don't remember were I read this off hand). But they could still go either way.

And Lastly I hope they don't make him a mental patient having delusions or dreams about this because I don't think that would be a very good twist (that's just my opinion).

But then again I still say this will be the best video game of its kind.

pomimimin
05-21-2006, 12:14 AM
Mabey he's like from the future and is trying to change history through a computer that sets him in a different time, (time-machine).

Argh_Gonk
05-21-2006, 01:28 AM
Ha ha, can i throw in another theory?

At the beginning of the trailer you see the bird, an eagle or falcon of some type. The camera is looking at the bell tower and there is no man on it. the bird flys off towards the belltower. I looked really closely but couldnt actually see Altair on the piece of wood in front of the bell. Then the bird goes out of view and we can see Altair. The Bell obscures our view and alstairs moved farther than any human could in that short amount of time unless he fell... or dived. Then at the end Altair disappears seemingly into nothing and we see the bird again.

The bird is white and has brown eyes, altair dresses in white and has brown eyes.
The bird is a bird of prey, a ruthless, swift, deadly killer, as is altair. Birds of prey have talons, altair has his dagger. Just a coincidence?

arab-prince
05-21-2006, 06:52 AM
Lol, I see noone wants to hear about my theory so I'll stop trying to convince you but I think its still possible. Especially with this type of game, it would be totally unexpected.

Vey03
05-21-2006, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Argh_Gonk:

At the beginning of the trailer you see the bird, an eagle or falcon of some type. The camera is looking at the bell tower and there is no man on it. the bird flys off towards the belltower. I looked really closely but couldnt actually see Altair on the piece of wood in front of the bell. Then the bird goes out of view and we can see Altair. The Bell obscures our view and alstairs moved farther than any human could in that short amount of time unless he fell... or dived. Then at the end Altair disappears seemingly into nothing and we see the bird again.

The bird is white and has brown eyes, altair dresses in white and has brown eyes.
The bird is a bird of prey, a ruthless, swift, deadly killer, as is altair. Birds of prey have talons, altair has his dagger. Just a coincidence?

The bird, to me, signifies all his traits, nothing else. Symbolism, like this, are used commonly to represent a character and his or hers personality etc.

Why? Are you implying that he is the bird?

Illumiate - picks up the story from where? How do they know what you decided to do? Sorry, that theory doesn't hold for me.

CrackerMonkey
05-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Posted by marceblackguard:
Allow me to quote what Game Informer says on the subject:

"While the great wealth of gameplay and inovation remains focuses entirely around Altair and his journey to halt the third crusade, that entire story is will be framed by a character far into the future who will be looking back on his ancestor's exploits and experiencing them through Altair's eyes. In fact, this strange process of genetic memory will play out in an important way within gameplay. As the player moves through the world of the game, new situation and places are a mystery. Confidence in the memory will be low, and thus Altair's ability to survive injuries and death will be lower. As understanding dawns through exploration, discovery and the unfolding of the conspiracy, confidence in the memory will frow, and so will the plausibility of him surviving the challenges he faces. This exciting approach to health management is just one aspect of how the game will craft this strange connection between the distant past and the future."

That's pretty much all they say on that matter.
This very informative post was made by marceblackguard over in the "the nature of the demos ending"-thread, which in itself was very enlightning I may add.

If Game Informer truly said those words, then I for one believe them. From the way it is written, it feels like this isn't just pure speculation, and that this very well may be the truth.

It would explain many of the game mechanics that have already been confirmed (like the "confidence" meter). It's also a lot more sensible than the "mental patient"-theory, although I can see why there were some confusion, because the similarities are glaring. My only qualm with the "mental patient"-theory was actually that he wouldn't need a loading bar, as seen in the first seconds of the trailer, if we was just dreaming. The "genetic memory"-plot will probably involve hospitals and some dream-like effects on-screen, so it's understandable that people got it wrong (if this is the final plotline that is).

Anyways, this actually sounds pretty much like my own theory! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif (Well, apart from the genetic memory bit. My theory had a "virtual reality library" of the guilds history instead, but the two aren't that far apart.) Conspiracy twists will be included, and this pleasures my greatly.

ShadowBurne
05-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I'm going to have to go by those words from Game Informer. Because that is the most sensible plotline that I've seen from an official gaming site, I will have to put my faith into it. We shall all wait and see in the end though, whether it's fact or just a lie from Ubisoft to mask the actual storyline. But I doubt they would go that far. So yeah, I'm going to have to say thanks to Game Informer, lol.

Post by pomimimin
Mabey he's like from the future and is trying to change history through a computer that sets him in a different time, (time-machine).

Many, many, many posts have gone through that idea and countless times has it been crushed. There is no time travel in anyway. Every gaming site that has say on the subject of Assassin's Creed will tell you again and again that there is no time travel whatsoever. Lol, I can't stress that enough and thank God that there is no time travel. That would ruin the game in my opinion.

pomimimin
05-21-2006, 11:37 PM
I agree, it would suck, i was just throwing ideas out.

Argh_Gonk
05-22-2006, 12:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Argh_Gonk:

The bird, to me, signifies all his traits, nothing else. Symbolism, like this, are used commonly to represent a character and his or hers personality etc.

Why? Are you implying that he is the bird?

Illumiate - picks up the story from where? How do they know what you decided to do? Sorry, that theory doesn't hold for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, the bird is the first character we see. must have some meaning, and why would he be just a symbol?

Only other purpose to have him in the game is for the story, he could carry messages for the assassin, perhaps the bird is the one who gives the assassin his contracts; would an assassin meet with people to be told who to kill where theres a chance he would be killed at these meetings? perhaps the bird flys off to the bell tower to give the alstair the go signal. again just a theory.

Lhorkan
05-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Yep, the bird is the first character we see. must have some meaning, and why would he be just a symbol?

Only other purpose to have him in the game is for the story, he could carry messages for the assassin, perhaps the bird is the one who gives the assassin his contracts; would an assassin meet with people to be told who to kill where theres a chance he would be killed at these meetings? perhaps the bird flys off to the bell tower to give the alstair the go signal. again just a theory.

Hmm, I can already imagine Altair's most famous quote: a little bird told me you have to be killed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Argh_Gonk
05-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Altair means eagle.

Lhorkan
05-22-2006, 12:17 PM
Altair means eagle.

I know that, like everyone else on this forum. He's called like that because he moves as swiftly as one, or so I've been informed.

Keksus
05-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Lhorkan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Argh_Gonk:

Hmm, I can already imagine Altair's most famous quote: a little bird told me you have to be killed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can see.......a cutscene http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Altair: "A Bird twittered me you have to be killed" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Argh_Gonk
05-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Lhorkan:
Altair means eagle.

I know that, like everyone else on this forum. He's called like that because he moves as swiftly as one, or so I've been informed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, i only discovered AC over the weekend.

Lhorkan
05-22-2006, 01:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lhorkan:
Altair means eagle.

I know that, like everyone else on this forum. He's called like that because he moves as swiftly as one, or so I've been informed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry, i only discovered AC over the weekend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, no reason to be sorry. :]

Argh_Gonk
05-22-2006, 02:04 PM
thanks. ive got to caught up my theory that i forgot to post my thoughts about the one at the beginning of this topic.

Mental patient sounds a bit odd, but ive heard that someones reading the story and as they beleive it more altairs health goes up or something. Vaguely reminiscent of the POP trilogy.

Argh_Gonk
05-23-2006, 10:58 AM
I was wrong with the eagle theory, at the end of the trailer we see both the eagle and altair in the same shot. altair walks out from behind the monk on the far left, you have to look closely to see.

OnePercenter_
05-23-2006, 01:11 PM
I think everyone is just making it more than it actually is.
I think Altair isn't some kind of a lunatic in a mental institute, but an assasin in the middle ages. Like the producers have said.

Lhorkan
05-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by OnePercenter_:
I think everyone is just making it more than it actually is.
I think Altair isn't some kind of a lunatic in a mental institute, but an assasin in the middle ages. Like the producers have said.

But he's "created" (like we play a video game) on some kind of futuristic PC, made for the pleasure of a distant family member, it seems. Even though that would suck, it is the most plausible theory up to now. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif So actually we're playing someone playing a game.

the_retro_fox
05-23-2006, 02:58 PM
I think it is a past relative experiencing the past directly through Altair. Health is regulated by "confidence". Maybe it is a family "power". This could lead to maybe different assassin's in different time periods! (in the sequels) This could be a way for the main character to learn to be an assassin.

OnePercenter_
05-24-2006, 10:42 AM
The most plausible theory is the one that the devlopers have told us about.

Another thing about the demo is that at the begining in the crowd he has a crossbow on his back but at the end with the monks he doesn't.

And I think that in sequels there will be assasins in different time periods, working for the same creed Altair does.

piratprince
05-25-2006, 08:30 AM
I only hope that we dont play any pop clone !!!

like popww or something else!!!

There is the chance that someone tolds the story but it is a experience that we already had before (pop like). I hope we will get some new ideas in the case "how the story will be transfered in our minds" lol (this is a freaking bad sentence sry)http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

and @Lhorkan

sry for my words before in (Altair's real goal-thread). iam just a newbie in english!!! Its not my passion to be "funny" in this case!!!
Because its a real problem between the three god beliving religions. And there is no reason to joke about this situation there!!! Sry for my bad words!!! I dont wanna make fun about this real big problem. i will try to be sensitive in this theme without being sacastic.
And again iam just learning english!!! I try to write it better in the next time. It will be nice if someone could correct and give some advices!!! lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

rikki.
05-25-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by OnePercenter_:
Another thing about the demo is that at the begining in the crowd he has a crossbow on his back but at the end with the monks he doesn't.

I think he dropped the crossbow after he shot the guard with it... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CrackerMonkey
05-25-2006, 09:16 AM
@Pirat of Persia Warrior Muffin
Well, I'd say you should cut a bit down on the exclamation marks. They're the main reason some of us thought you might be acting sarcastic in that other post.

@rikki.
He shoots the guard with the crossbow, pulls the other guard down with it and then (presumably) drops it before launching into the air to off his main target with the blade.
So, yeah, agreed.

rikki.
05-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Oh ye, forgot 'bout the guard he pulls down.
Well if he didn't (presumably) drop his crossbow that would be a trailer mistake, or?

OnePercenter_
05-25-2006, 02:00 PM
No, once watching the trailer again your right.
I thought he pulled the guard down with his hand.

ShadowBurne
05-25-2006, 10:43 PM
I think I've managed to fill all the gaps in my theory:

A man in the future (our time) has knowledge of an ancestor passed down through the generations finally reaching to him about a man named Altair. This Altair fellow was an assassin in the religious Islamic sect during the Crusader Days. The man in our time, using knowledge that has been passed down to him every generation, he has access to some sort of simulator, but because he doesn't know every little detail about his ancestor's life of assassination, it resulted in the open-ended gameplay that is in the game. Also the conspiracy aspect of the game, I think that the man living in the present is trying to figure out the truth behind this controversial subject through the centuries using knowledge of his great-[...]-great-great-great-grandfather, Altair that has been passed down through the ages waiting for a chance to finally figure out the truth. Maybe during the sequels more of the truth is discovered and finally at the end of the series the truth is revealed and it is up to you, the main character living in the present, to get this secret out but on the way people are trying to stop you and what not. Because you practically relived your distant relative's past you probably have knowledge on how to defend yourself.

Still needs some work but I believe that this theory is unofficially complete. I just need to touch it up a bit but yeah, I'll gladly accept any criticism or thoughts about this. Thank you, everyone! This subject is definately a good time killer.

***Your post stretched the page so I edited it ~FCY

marceblackguard
05-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Here's another approach.

In the GameInformer article it discusses a genetic memory. Which is what plays the basis for Altair's health.

What's not to say the same method is how the game itself is displayed. As far as I'm aware what genetic memory does is more or less encrypts certain things into the very DNA that is carried on. As far as I know it's never been done but what's to prevent this genetic memory from encrypting actual memories? Wouldn't that then explain why the present day descendant of Altair is seeing these things through Altair's eyes?

It would be consistant with the way the health is being managed in that, early in the game his memory is rusty, so Altair's faith in getting stuff down is rusty, which leads to a lower life span. But as the game progresses he becomes more sure of his memory, in turn Altair is more confident, and able to take much more before being put down.

As far as sequels go, what's not to say they drop Altair altogether? It's viable that they don't, but a possibly could be that the next game looks at a different time period through different eyes. Maybe an assassin in a more modern era such as the 1600's. And each game goes forth and goes on later in time with the final game resulting in you playing as the person in the present time in a real world scenario, possibly acting as an assassin in today's day and age.

I'm not sure how I feel about that, assuming that would be the case. Being an assassin is one thing, but bringing it to a modern age would make it seem too much like a Metal Gear type of deal, but unique in it's own way. Still, running around on rooftops in modern day Middle East will probably get you killed a lot faster.

Vey03
05-27-2006, 06:31 AM
"...Altair and his journey to halt the Third Crusade, that entire story will be framed by a character far in the future who will be looking back on his ancestor's exploits and experiencing them through Altair's eyes. In fact, this strange process of genetic memory will play out in an important way within gameplay. As the player moves through the world of the game, new situations and places are a mystery. Confidence in the memory will be low, and this Altair's ability to survive injuries and death will be lower. As understanding dawns through exploration, discovery, and the unfolding of the conspiracy, confidence in the memory of Altair's exploits will grow, and so will the plausibility of him surviving the challenges he faces. This exciting approach to health management is just one aspect of how the game will craft this strange connection between the distant past and the future."

From GameInformer.

You mean that bit you posted in the other thread?
It's really interesting....

EDIT

I've deleted what i put after that as i've just been looking up 'genetic memory' on the net, and the info is quite interesting.
Some of it is a little scientific, as it's to do with genes, but there's a bit out there, and it's a great read, and will give you some insight as to what GameInformer may be on about.

Another EDIT
When reading any of the stuff out there on genetic memory, just remember that it is a scientific theory.

Anyway, i'll give you a few links. Science hats on guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif :

Wikipedia Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_memory)

People's experiences with genetic memory (http://cognews.com/1058835591/index_html)

Bit of a read, but the bolded quotes are interesting (http://www.wisconsinmedicalsociety.org/savant/genetic_memory.cfm)

Intersting last paragraph with this one (http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/doc_wtx025631.html)

KHCloud
05-28-2006, 10:24 AM
I think it would be very interesting if you happened to be thrust into the past by genetic memory and then have to eliminate the same people your relative did to prevent a time paradox.

princeofyo
05-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by ShadowBurne:
I think I've managed to fill all the gaps in my theory:

A man in the future (our time) has knowledge of an ancestor passed down through the generations finally reaching to him about a man named Altair. This Altair fellow was an assassin in the religious Islamic sect during the Crusader Days. The man in our time, using knowledge that has been passed down to him every generation, he has access to some sort of simulator, but because he doesn't know every little detail about his ancestor's life of assassination, it resulted in the open-ended gameplay that is in the game. Also the conspiracy aspect of the game, I think that the man living in the present is trying to figure out the truth behind this controversial subject through the centuries using knowledge of his great-[...]-great-great-great-grandfather, Altair that has been passed down through the ages waiting for a chance to finally figure out the truth. Maybe during the sequels more of the truth is discovered and finally at the end of the series the truth is revealed and it is up to you, the main character living in the present, to get this secret out but on the way people are trying to stop you and what not. Because you practically relived your distant relative's past you probably have knowledge on how to defend yourself.

Still needs some work but I believe that this theory is unofficially complete. I just need to touch it up a bit but yeah, I'll gladly accept any criticism or thoughts about this. Thank you, everyone! This subject is definately a good time killer.

***Your post stretched the page so I edited it ~FCY

Wow that is a really good idea that actually makes sense http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Great thinking!

Darkfrost_674
05-30-2006, 04:23 AM
VERY plausable i guess. But i dont like the way it would make the game.

Tlepolemus7
05-30-2006, 07:57 PM
After seeing how excited Jade was about the whole concept of the third crusade assassins and how excited all her coworkers were about it, I hardly think they would want to taint a perfectly good storyline with futuristic, mental patient mumbo jumbo.

pomimimin
05-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Well they did, guess we'll have to deal with it, but I think it'll turn out alright, bacause it won't interfere with gameplay too much i'm sure. It'll probably only affect the cutscenes and your healthbar.

Sandwarrior1990
05-31-2006, 03:47 AM
You know what I think. I think he's an assassin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
But that's just my theory http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I'm still reading the other pages of this thread, so I'll be back soon with more comments.

kew414
05-31-2006, 04:00 AM
Bit of a read, but the bolded quotes are interesting (http://www.wisconsinmedicalsociety.org/savant/genetic_memory.cfm)

*cough*

"In each of the foregoing cases, then, we have a peculiar example of the possession of an extraordinary congenital aptitude for certain mental activity, which showed itself at so early a period as to exclude the notion that it could have been acquired by the experience of the individual. To such congenital gifts we give the name of intuitions: it can scarcely be questioned that like the instincts of the lower animals, they are the expressions of constitutional tendencies embodied in the organism of the individuals who manifest them."

Yes... Very interesting... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Sandwarrior1990
05-31-2006, 04:52 AM
Hey guys, check out this quote I found from a link UbiRazz posted in the UK sticky.
click me....foo' >_> (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=139799)

Here's a tiny quote from it.

We also saw a few seconds of the front end of the game. Normally that's not something worth writing about, but... just don't expect the entire thing to be set in the 12th century from what we saw...

Sorry if this has been posted before :S

RK_Achilles
05-31-2006, 09:57 AM
After reading that article, I'm a little afraid this game will be too easy. Holding one button to do complex actions doesnt sound very challenging. I hope its not a walk in the park to play.

pomimimin
05-31-2006, 12:21 PM
Yeah, where's the challenge in pressing a button?

CrackerMonkey
05-31-2006, 03:58 PM
As I understood it, it's not that the actual game won't be difficult, it's more like it will be easy to control Altair. Just look at the way they've described how you run up walls. You just hold a button and move towards it. This is kind of like in PoP really, and those games can be freaking hard at times. My guess is that you'll have to time it pretty well if you want to survive by just wallrunning for example, and enemies won't die from your basic wallrunning, that's for sure. It's a good sign really. It just means that it'll be easy to pick up and play. No reason to make Altair uncontrolable just to make it more challenging. There's plenty of other ways to do that, like improving the AI and/or making the enemies tougher/more numerous. (Or even better, adding additional mission objectives and the likes.)

Anyway, I guess there'll be different difficulty levels to choose from so no worries about it being too easy. Maybe they'll even include a ridiculously hard level like the "Dante must die" mode in devil may cry... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

OH_DragonBoy
05-31-2006, 04:02 PM
Well, controling him will have it's difficulties. You keep him sprinting too fast, and he'll lose balance and trip up. Beggars grab at him in the street. If specific people begin to notice him, he'll have to run fast to avoid possible confrontation. If you start pushing and shoving through crowds, they'll begin to thicken in retaliation...and so on.
The fact that he's easy to control on his own is one thing, but in the game world, he will have the same difficulties we would all have.

Tlepolemus7
05-31-2006, 04:02 PM
Interview:

(1)You play an assassin...(2)Your job is to take out key guys...(3)Three major cities...(3)all the countryside around them...(3)travel by horse...(4)Gather information...(5)Theres no light or dark in this game, its all about blending into the crowd...(6)You can plan out any path that you want to take...(7) We've used a concept of puppeteering for the controls, and done all contextual moves, the X is your legs, the Square is your hand with weapon, the Circle is your hand without weapon, free hand, and then triangle button is your head...

wow, that was a lot... anyway, based on that interview, I can tell you why Assassin's Creed is NOT going to have any awkward twists and why it is NOT going to be easy, as has been stated in that odd computersandgames write-up.

(1) You do play an assassin, not some guy recalling his past.

(2) Your job is to take out key guys, not get all your memory back OR find out about your lost family member

(3) There will be a lot of travel...if this was a guy remembering an old ancestor, I doubt he would go through all the traveling, he'd prolly skip to the good bits.

(4) Again, you'd wanna skip to the good bits, not waste time gathering information

(5) So one of the biggest elements of this game is going to be accomplished by pressing one button? yeah, doubt it.

(6) sounds like it isn't level based, or at least not as level based as a game revolving around someones memory should be.

(7) No, I don't know what she meant by 'contextual moves' but I do know that you dont just have to press one button to climb things, one button to grab onto a ledge maybe, but then you have to press OTHER buttons to grab onto OTHER ledges and pull yourself up.

And I can't remember where, but I heard that there is no such thing as a 'health bar' and instead we have a confidence meter, that measures how well you can dodge or parry, the more dodging/parrying you do, the lower your confidence gets, until finally it is all you can do to stick your neck out and die quickly. If someone has any idea of where I might've gotten this info, please post it. I'm sure it said "confidence in your combat ability", or something of the sort, and not "confidence in your memory" which is just ridiculous.

Here (http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/772/772025/vids_1.html) is the interview I used to get all my info (excepting the 'confidence meter' stuff)

And This (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=139799)
is the ridiculous article that doesnt seem to be true... or real... or in any way, credible

Sandwarrior1990
06-01-2006, 02:57 AM
Contextual moves. I think she means, say... the x button always controls your legs. In a little fight it could be used to kick, or in an escape it could be used to jump or something. That's just an example. Same thing with hands, they could be used to pick something up, or punch someone in the face.
It changes with each situation http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

back on-topic now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif >_>

mrsmooth_840
06-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I've been hearing about that. It's Interesting and inovative idea. I guess it's a little like primal for PS2, When you died you saw yourself hooked to this life support machine. if anyone has seen the orginal trailer for project assassins (the working title for Assassin's creed) you notice it will jump from 1191 ad, to what looks like a modern hospitle. so is it safe to say Altair is actually a mental patient of a loony bin? not yet. the game may get changed, after all that was only a concept trailer, and the game is still in developement. It would be a cool twist in the overall story of the series if the sequal had you wake up in a hospital and then slowy regain your sanity (or not and end up a crazy murderer)

CrackerMonkey
06-01-2006, 02:33 PM
@Tlepolemus7
*sigh*
This has already been cleared up.
Genetic memory will be a major plot element, although your main goal will as you say probably be to kill off your targets. The plot however is centered around conspiracies and the whole genetic memory bit. Game Informer is pretty clear on this matter and I really don't think they're lying.

mrsmooth_840
06-02-2006, 01:08 PM
oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I know all about that "genetic memory" stuff. I still think the sequal (that is if they make one) should end up in the present (or future)

pomimimin
06-03-2006, 08:56 PM
@Tlepolemus, the basis for your argument is the fact that you play Altair, the assassin, and not some distant future reletive. That is true. you do play as Altair, that doesn't mean a distant future relative still can't play a part in the storyline.(Which is what it is whether you like it or not.)

mrsmooth_840
06-04-2006, 02:01 AM
Ok, so going back to the "altair's real goal" thread, we know the assassins are taking out guys on both sides of the fence to hault the third crusade, but what's ther'e motive, ther'e true intentions? Are they freedom fighters or just trying to gain complete control?

Vey03
06-04-2006, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by kew414:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mouse03:

*cough*

"In each of the foregoing cases, then, we have a peculiar example of the possession of an extraordinary congenital aptitude for certain mental activity, which showed itself at so early a period as to exclude the notion that it could have been acquired by the experience of the individual. To such congenital gifts we give the name of intuitions: it can scarcely be questioned that like the instincts of the lower animals, they are the expressions of constitutional tendencies embodied in the organism of the individuals who manifest them."

Yes... Very interesting... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? You don't understand it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Lol, ok. I did say it was a bit of a read, but if people don't know what genetic memory is (i mean what it really is, because it actually does exist, it's not something made up by Ubi) there is a lot of interesting info out there, which might help when you're making assumtions about what's going on in AC.
I mean the ancestor bit.

simulacra
06-06-2006, 01:42 PM
It'll be interesting to see if we get to kill conrad of montferrat in the game since he really was killed by two hashshashin's the 28th of april 1192, one of the attackers died by the hands of one of his guards the other was captured.

The previews has hinted at the possibility of going after salah-din himself, who survived a number of hashshashin attacks.

Or how about the murder of the patriarch of jerusalem which was instigated by the hospitallers, the murder of conrad of montferrat was allegedly ordered by richard lionheart, there's alot of exciting history to learn here and I hope that the game will reflect the complicated political fox play of that era...

FableB
06-14-2006, 04:04 AM
maybe he is really at that time and he is not dreaming or something...why do you have to twist things around your mind?...

entropy777
08-03-2006, 11:01 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">Ok, Listen carefully to what I am saying...

The E3 TRAILER is just a TRAILER...

They use blur and different fades to make it look awesome and cool... Everyone does it, just because a screen is blurry that doesn't mean anything.

Some game trailers have fades that look like burning a hole in a paper which changes to the next scene, IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU PLAY AS A DILLUSIONAL DEMON FROM HELL!

Altair fades away behind the monks because he is a master of stealth, it simply symbolizes that he can dissapear into thin air because of his extraordinary skills, it doesn't mean he's a ghost.

Please take some time to think and don't read too much into it, I've made more than a few AMV's and Game movies in the past, and I've seen more than a few trailers, the fades they use in a cinematic trailer are there to enhance the sequence, not as a clever way of insinuating
that the game hero is a furutistic cyborg ninja or whatever you people think.</span>

Fates.Dark.Hand
08-03-2006, 11:40 AM
I agree, <span class="ev_code_RED">but no need to talk like this</span> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

entropy777
08-03-2006, 01:28 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">It's my thing, Im obnoxious and use big red letters all the time.</span> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Fates.Dark.Hand
08-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Fair enough...http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

quicksilver_502
08-14-2006, 03:50 AM
what i have read is that altairs descendant is using a genetic computer to see her ancestor. when he dies it is a glitch in the computer. also 1 or both of the other trilogy will be set in the future.

entropy777
08-14-2006, 04:09 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">And what I've heard is that your theory is bull****...</span>

FableB
08-14-2006, 04:42 AM
I have a question for you entropy777...Do you know how to act nice?...I mean if you think you are smart, not all people are geniuses like your self....I haven't seen one post from you where you are not bashing other people...

Plus, This throery is more likely true. The developers said that there IS something about imagining this whole thing.

entropy777
08-14-2006, 07:31 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">If any of these crazy theories is even remotely true this game immediately drops off my purchase list, I've had enough of the futuristic so-called-revolutionizing games which all look exactly alike and are all just as boring as the next one...

This game promised realism, imagination is real but on a different level than what's normally considered reality, thats why it's called imagination.

I mean whats next? They throw in some matrix esque moves and some guns? Maybe a time machine or something to completely spoil the story? A car!?

EDIT: Oh comeon? Don't you think editing a bleeped swear word is taking it a bit too far?</span>

***edited for content - please do not bypass the autocensor, it is there for a reason...
No - it's not taking it too far, you have been bypassing the autocensor, no matter for how many words, it is still the same rule - this is an E-rated forum and everyone has to respect the same guidelines and rules - not to mention respect their fellow forum members and their opinions - if you wish to debate this matter further, you can do so by sending me a PT

alinktothe_past
08-15-2006, 05:11 PM
In my PSM magazine it said 10% of the game would take place in the future.

Fates.Dark.Hand
08-15-2006, 05:30 PM
Some people here need to calm down and relax. And these are only theorys, meaning they might/might not be real. I for one think they are not true (And also hope this). I dont think Ubi would wreck a storyline instantly like this.

Dr_Baltar
08-15-2006, 06:39 PM
I too, hope they are not true. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Red_Mercury901
08-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by entropy777:
<span class="ev_code_RED">If any of these crazy theories is even remotely true this game immediately drops off my purchase list, I've had enough of the futuristic so-called-revolutionizing games which all look exactly alike and are all just as boring as the next one...

This game promised realism, imagination is real but on a different level than what's normally considered reality, thats why it's called imagination.

I mean whats next? They throw in some matrix esque moves and some guns? Maybe a time machine or something to completely spoil the story? A car!?

EDIT: Oh comeon? Don't you think editing a bleeped swear word is taking it a bit too far?</span>

***edited for content - please do not bypass the autocensor, it is there for a reason...
No - it's not taking it too far, you have been bypassing the autocensor, no matter for how many words, it is still the same rule - this is an E-rated forum and everyone has to respect the same guidelines and rules - not to mention respect their fellow forum members and their opinions - if you wish to debate this matter further, you can do so by sending me a PT

Man! You need to relax.... sit down next to running water and meditate. Breathe in the good khi (anyone know how to spell that? I really have no idea), yes that's right... one step closer to spiritual enlightenment.

Marek86
08-17-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm guessing it's going to be in the future, and scientists in some sort of secret organization have made a time traveling device. and altair is an agent for the organization and is sent into the past to assassinate these significant politicians to some how alter the future for the better or worse of mankind.

Fates.Dark.Hand
08-17-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm Guessing its going to be about a normal Assassin (not time traveling agent) in the 1100's, who is a part of a normal (not time traveling) group of Assassins, who is killing certain people to stop a war happinging for the good of (the not time traveling/cyborg) people who live there.

terminalShock09
08-17-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm assuming you meant "1100's" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And now that you've changed it, my point is moot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Fates.Dark.Hand
08-17-2006, 06:42 PM
So i did, thanks for the note http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And as if by magic it changes *spooky ghost noise*

entropy777
08-18-2006, 01:54 AM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">It's Ch'i, Qi or Ki (The life force) eminating from Tanden which is just a bit below your navel.

Hence the names for many martial arts forms,
Aikido
Hapkido
Tai Chi Chuan
Etc etc.

And as for relaxing, Im familiar with meditation, and it's not a step closer to spiritual enlightenment since even Gautama Buddha himself agreed that enlightenment is something instantaneous which we all have inside, it's like having a pen behind your ear and searching for it outside yourself, when you find it you realize it's been there all along, thats why he said:

</span><span class="ev_code_GREEN">"I truly attained nothing from complete and uncexcelled enlightenment."</span>

Red_Mercury901
08-18-2006, 07:32 AM
Well... at least it helps calm... yah... Be a nice person, It always helps... or most of the time.. or sometimes... Hell, it might not even help at all, but nice is better.

entropy777
08-18-2006, 09:05 AM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">Honest > Nice</span>

xasspenx
08-18-2006, 10:32 AM
lets stay in the topic people.

alinktothe_past
08-19-2006, 06:55 PM
In my PSM magazine it said 10% of the game would take place in the future/current day.

Fates.Dark.Hand
08-19-2006, 07:01 PM
My Mag also says somthing along the lines of that. it dosn't mean its true. wait untill Ubi say so...thats what i'm doing.

alinktothe_past
08-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Yeah after being here for almost 2 years, and anticipating two PoP games, I've found its more relaxing to not sit here on the forums, always waiting for new info, it makes you unhealthily(?) anxious lol. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Prol33tariat
07-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Red_Mercury901:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by entropy777:

Man! You need to relax.... sit down next to running water and meditate. Breathe in the good khi (anyone know how to spell that? I really have no idea), yes that's right... one step closer to spiritual enlightenment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its CHI and his is definetly in need of what we taoist call purification exercises, what others call a "chill pill" .

on topic: my theory, you are the distant relative of a long dead assassin, one of the original members of the Hashshashin was your sire...you on the other hand, are just some lucky modern day middle nobody, who happens to be lucky enough to being the only carrier of a pure genetic sample of one of the world's deadliest assassins. more over, it is the knowledge of the happenings of your ancestor that the company, or shadowy inc. is after, because they are involved with whatever shady operations were going on at the time with your ancestors targets, what ever he uncovered is the missing piece of a legacy of evil and corruption that has been waiting to come to fruition since the crusades and your ancestors actions....they are after what he discovered, therefore you sit there, they access your genetic memories, and by the end of the game i think the "shadow operation" will become the enemy, you will be forced to escape, and finish what your lineage started more than a millenium ago.

sigh*

moqqy
07-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Prol33tariat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Red_Mercury901:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by entropy777:

Man! You need to relax.... sit down next to running water and meditate. Breathe in the good khi (anyone know how to spell that? I really have no idea), yes that's right... one step closer to spiritual enlightenment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its CHI and his is definetly in need of what we taoist call purification exercises, what others call a "chill pill" .

on topic: my theory, you are the distant relative of a long dead assassin, one of the original members of the Hashshashin was your sire...you on the other hand, are just some lucky modern day middle nobody, who happens to be lucky enough to being the only carrier of a pure genetic sample of one of the world's deadliest assassins. more over, it is the knowledge of the happenings of your ancestor that the company, or shadowy inc. is after, because they are involved with whatever shady operations were going on at the time with your ancestors targets, what ever he uncovered is the missing piece of a legacy of evil and corruption that has been waiting to come to fruition since the crusades and your ancestors actions....they are after what he discovered, therefore you sit there, they access your genetic memories, and by the end of the game i think the "shadow operation" will become the enemy, you will be forced to escape, and finish what your lineage started more than a millenium ago.

sigh* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or.. maybe you escape from them, and the game ends. and in the next game you fight them in modern timeline!

Prol33tariat
07-25-2007, 05:37 PM
indeed could be, in fact i think thats what i was trying to say...