PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 controller difficulties

ddungbo
09-18-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm having a problem that I'm not sure is caused by my controller or the game. It seems like the left stick is much too sensitive when I'm in the production menu. So even if I'm not moving the stick, the game detects movement and the menu selection starts jumping around. It will often do this repeatedly until I can hold the stick steady enough to press A and select some kind of production. It often takes 10 or 20 seconds to get the thing to settle down, which is a killer when there's an army rolling toward me....

I suppose this may be a problem with my controller, but I find that hard to believe since it's only a month old and I haven't used it that intensely.

So, questions: (1) has anyone else had this problem? (2) can anyone suggest any solutions? (3) any guesses as whether it's a controller problem or a game problem? I don't have this problem in any other game.

Thanks!

Ghoullio
09-18-2010, 12:49 PM
I've had the same issue, actually. It moves through the menu options rapidly as if I were browsing through the menu. Even when I'm not moving the stick, it's zooming through the menu. I thought it was my controller at first but now it seems its a common issue.

Wartactics
09-18-2010, 03:40 PM
you are not alone

smokeyforman
09-18-2010, 07:07 PM
same here. I have to zoom in and then zoom out, to get it to work.

Ghoullio
09-18-2010, 07:11 PM
I usually click on a build unit then cancel, which seems to calm down the hyperactive menu.

dan-1993uk
09-19-2010, 08:10 AM
that never happens to me.

ddungbo
09-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Thanks all, and for the suggestions. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed with a patch/update (or whatever it's call on Xbox -- I'm new to consoles) because it's awfully annoying.

DrSteffie
09-22-2010, 02:54 AM
The controller has been massively tested before the release, but it is not impossible that there is a problem. Maybe are you able to reproduce it ?
With a sequence of button or something like that ?
Thanks for your help

EUGEN TEAM

ddungbo
09-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Thanks for your willingness to help, DrSteffie. This is not a sequence of buttons as far as I can tell -- it happens every 2-10 minutes and at times makes the game completely unplayable. I try to build something that the menu jumps around so much that it's impossible to function. The menu behaves almost as if there were no tension in the left stick, i.e., as if the stick were just flopped over to one side. If I move it slightly in the other direction it stops... but then I have to get it in the right position vertically as well. Put another way, it's as if the left-stick is ALWAYS detecting motion in at least one direction. This persists for 10-60 seconds. I would blame the controller, but there are no difficulties in any other game. smokeyforman's zoom-in zoom-out trick seems to work, although I haven't tested it extensively.

I'm getting to the point where the game is just not worth playing, so I'd appreciate it if you can fix this.

InfiniteStates
09-24-2010, 02:55 AM
I'm playing on PS3, not 360, and although it doesn't have a problem nearly as severe as this sounds, it does have weird moments where the camera will just jump to some random part of the map for no apparent reason.

But it doesn't happen that often and rarely affects gameplay - I just mention it because it is possibly related to the 360 issue in a cross-platform build.

Ghoullio
09-25-2010, 11:16 AM
I was playing RUSE on my sons new XBox 360 slim with the new controller that came with it and I had the same issues. It is EXTREMELY difficult to play with, almost impossible. If you expect to sell many of these games this is something you should probably look into.