PDA

View Full Version : "Camera" in FMB

ytareh
08-23-2005, 09:08 AM
The search function in the forums seems to be broken again.Could anyone tell me simply how I use a "Camera" in the Full Mission Builder and what it does.Id imagine its interesting for big land battle scenarios.Alternatively a link would be appreciated .Thanks!

Kuna15
08-23-2005, 09:21 AM
Choose Static Camera in list of objects in FMB (when you choose it, press CTRL and left click on the map to place the object). Place it on the map where you desire, and you can set camera height. Once when in mission, you can switch views between planes/cameras/carriers easily.

I would reccomend to you that you place Static Camera over ground targets. That way when bombers find the target area, you will be able to watch the action.

It is especially effective when land/sea action is displayed. You can observe many vehicles/ship/planes, and also create some cool tracks/videos with cam usage.

ytareh
08-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Thanks for reply Kuna but I think I understood most of that .Im really trying to find out how to toggle between cockpit and camera view as I cant "see" through the camera...

Kuna15
08-23-2005, 10:22 AM
First you must enable external views. If you have done that, check your controls

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">CONTROLS

VIEWS</span>
NEXT ENEMY VIEW -------- CTRL+F2

When I press CTRL+F2 while in the cockpit of my plane, I toggle between external enemy plane views and cameras.
That control will enable you to observe from camera point.

VT-51_Razor
08-23-2005, 10:24 AM
Once in the mission, you can cycle through the various planes on your side by hitting Shift F2. You can see all of the other side's planes by hitting Control F2. CTL F2 will also cycle you through any static cameras you have in the mission. This is, of course, provided that in the Difficulty settings, you have enabled external views.

ytareh
08-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the help everybody ,have had great fun setting up epic tank,battleship etc scenarios.Better than the movies!!!

Zeus-cat
08-23-2005, 06:49 PM
Cameras always face east. Keep this in mind when placing one in the FMB. You can change the direction they look once your are playing the mission by using your mouse. You can also change the altitude by using the mouse and holding the left(?) mouse button. You can change the altitude setting in FMB too.

Zeus-cat

mt-dew--NSers--
08-24-2005, 06:44 AM
First I don't mean to change the topic of this thread but......... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hey Zeus-cat, I flew your Straight Shot campaign the other day. Was fun to spend a little time in the floatplane. Very clever of you setting up the rail cat from the Crusier. I appreciate the time you mission designers put forth and salute you for it!! thanks man

Zeus-cat
08-24-2005, 06:52 PM
mt-dew-NSers,

Glad you liked the campaign. The "catapult" effect works even better in multiplayer as the game loads and then there is a short countdown until the action starts. The guy just sits there until BAM he takes off "through" the ship at 300kph.

Zeus-cat