PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Britain

josephs1959
02-14-2006, 09:28 AM
Is there a "Battle of Britain" Add-on for Il-2? and if so where can I buy it? or when will it be released?

CPS_Triad
02-14-2006, 09:33 AM
S~

There is to be a new game published by Oleg Maddox and Ubisoft. There have been delays in its production but it is currently in development. You may see jokes about "two weeks." They have been delaying this for some time. It uses a new graphics engine and is supposed to be great whenever it comes. See screenshots from the deve environment (works in progress) here: http://www.airwarfare.com/index.htm Look for the BoB Development info: left toward bottom.

Hope that explains it.

Cheers!

Triad

The Pilot formerly known as triad773

Chuck_Older
02-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by josephs1959:
Is there a "Battle of Britain" Add-on for Il-2? and if so where can I buy it? or when will it be released?

Lots of confusion over this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

A long time ago now, two clever and industrious members of the Il2 community who go by the names Extreme_One and Poymando made a static campaign for offline play, called "Battle over Britain". Forever and a day, this has been referred to as "BoB", and was well, well in advance of any hint by the developers of the sim that there would be something called (tentatively) "Battle of Britain:Cliffs of Dover" coming from them. Battle over Britian is very available, but it is not an 'add-on' as many folks think of it, it is a campaign. Battle over Britian did introduce several new things to the sim, but although it added some sounds, splashscreens, and for the first time, a "GB" campaign branch, it was not released by 1C:Maddox Games, it was free, made with the tools shipped with the sim, and some clever thinking

Now we have news that a new sim by the same developers as this one will be made, called "Battle of Britian:Cliffs of Dover". Actually, with the latest versions of this sim, we have some trial elements of that sim. Very basic stuff, as the new sim will share nothing with this one in regards to campatibility, game engine, physics engine, etc.

Battle of Britian:Cliffs of Dover is called "BoB" around here...which immediately causes confusion with the static campaign I mentioned earlier

Battle of Britain:Cliffs of Dover is not
an add-on for this sim. It's an entirely new simulation. I will not be released anytime soon. It is in development, and could be released next year. Maybe.

airjunkie
02-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Do not try to guess. The last patch was was early(if you go buy rumors in the forum's). So keep guessing and keep the eye to the sky for Zardoz.

Hurricane_320
02-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
It is in development, and could be released next year. Maybe.

Two weeks, be sure http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BuzzardHead
02-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Second week of january.

Chuck_Older
02-14-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by BuzzardHead:
Second week of january.