PDA

View Full Version : Deal-breaking multiplayer!

Yumesama
11-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Don't get me wrong. Assassins Creed Brotherhood is a great singleplayer game. The multiplayer is really good as well. -When it works.

Two friends aand i have the same problem. Getting disconnected before and during matches, not getting connection to Uplay servers, and getting disconnected from PRIVATE, 1-on-1 matches because Ubisoft somehow has found a way to route the match through the Ubisoft server instead of P2P.

Servers are great, when they work.

The last two days, even though search times was ten-twenty minutes, i endured. I didn't get to play with my friend, with whom i started a match with. The point of inviting friends to a lobby, and then search for games, should be to end up in the same game.

Today i have gotten disconnected over ten times. I've completed only two matches, and gotten an error message when trying to log on about ten times as well.

This is completely ruining my experience, as one of the main draws about brotherhood was added multiplayer.

I have a 600kb/200kb line, no other machines connected to the network, and all my friends have the same problem. Does anyone know what the hell is going on? Is the problem going to be resolved?

I love the game, but this is getting so incredibly aggravating i'm actually considering not getting the next game in the series if this doesn't get fixed pronto. Does anybody have a clue what's going on?

Speider
------------

Nick1021
11-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Servers are down.

A hobo and his urine are huge suspects.

Evan52395
11-25-2010, 05:28 PM
TL;DR

Servers are down. That is all.

obliviondoll
11-25-2010, 05:30 PM
1: 600kb/200kb is barely broadband speed. I'm on a first-generation ADSL connection and getting about 10 times your download speed.

2: today there have been server issues, mentioned by one of the forum mods in the "Server Issues" thread.

3: There are also known issues with the game's matchmaking system, which are being worked on. A patch should be coming soon, supposedly.

Xeroblade910
11-25-2010, 05:30 PM
There is a topic addressing the current issue of unstable server connections, found here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1024388/m/7311067498 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/7311067498)

But I do agree, it is quite frustrating, especially when I've just hit 49 and desperate to see all of the elite gear/fourth color.

I'm hoping with this recent issue that they will be able to fix it, and other problems seemingly tied to it, and improve our gaming experience to be plenty more stable.

And as I had realized in the other topic, it is a Holiday, and we can't really expect them to fix this instantly. If anything, I'm sure things will be better over the weekend.

obliviondoll
11-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Xeroblade910:
There is a topic addressing the current issue of unstable server connections, found here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1024388/m/7311067498 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/7311067498)

But I do agree, it is quite frustrating, especially when I've just hit 49 and desperate to see all of the elite gear/fourth color.

I'm hoping with this recent issue that they will be able to fix it, and other problems seemingly tied to it, and improve our gaming experience to be plenty more stable.

And as I had realized in the other topic, it is a Holiday, and we can't really expect them to fix this instantly. If anything, I'm sure things will be better over the weekend.
What holiday for where? (Honestly didn't know about that...)

Nick1021
11-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xeroblade910:

What holiday for where? (Honestly didn't know about that...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's thanksgiving in America. A time to eat a turkey with the family. But probably because Ubi is French they are actually not celebrating it.

Xeroblade910
11-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Thanksgiving, granted I know it's not celebrated outside the US, but I also know that black friday is tomorrow and that is a BIG sales time for everyone.

So I figure that would be part of the issue being an unfortunate time to occur.

obliviondoll
11-25-2010, 05:37 PM
It's already Friday here, and I though Black Friday was the 13th? It's the 26th

Evan52395
11-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Nick1021:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xeroblade910:

What holiday for where? (Honestly didn't know about that...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's thanksgiving in America. A time to eat a turkey with the family. But probably because Ubi is French they are actually not celebrating it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just because we live in Montreal, doesn't mean we're all Francophones. Especially in the West Island. It's not Thanksgiving in Canada at all so no-one (whether living in French populations or english ones) is celebrating. Only the USA. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Nick1021
11-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Black Friday is about Christmas. It's when stores have HUGE sales like 90% sometimes and people camp like 2 weeks before black friday to buy stuff. A lot of people get trampled and die on black friday.

Xeroblade910
11-25-2010, 05:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Black Friday is about Christmas. It's when stores have HUGE sales like 90% sometimes and people camp like 2 weeks before black friday to buy stuff. A lot of people get trampled and die on black friday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And as I recall, Black Friday (at least in terms of it being in the US) occurs after Thanksgiving, being the Thursday before. It's still Thursday for my timezone.

neophyte12
11-25-2010, 06:13 PM
people camp like 2 weeks before black friday to buy stuff. A lot of people get trampled and die on black friday.

well then you have a lot of wackos where you live...I've heard of people getting up at 3am to go shopping and MAYBE camping out overnight, but I'm calling BS on the whole 2 week crap...and "A lot" of people get trampled and die on black friday? hyperbole much?

Nick1021
11-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by neophyte12:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:
people camp like 2 weeks before black friday to buy stuff. A lot of people get trampled and die on black friday.

well then you have a lot of wackos where you live...I've heard of people getting up at 3am to go shopping and MAYBE camping out overnight, but I'm calling BS on the whole 2 week crap...and "A lot" of people get trampled and die on black friday? hyperbole much? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paying 6 dollars for a newly released game. Paying like 300 dollars for a 3000 dollar computer.
I think it's worth it.

And by a lot I meant overall of all the black fridays. Not just one black friday.

obliviondoll
11-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Creator of hobo pee'd on the computer joke.
So glad you actually did this...

Back on-topic though, anyone else have any suggestions for the OP?

I've done what I can on my first post in the thread... Then, I have to admit helped derail the thread horribly. Sorry.