PDA

View Full Version : Improve Dedicated Server Please !

ViFF101
03-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Hi all,

Now that we are at patch 4.04 with tons of planes, objects and maps, I would kindly like to ask 1C to invest some programming time in the dedicated server application.

As you would probably agree with me, one of the main contributing factors of why this flight sim is so popular is the multiplayer experience provided by the dedicated servers out there.

Improving on an already successful novel feature is good business strategy.

My ideas of improvment are as follows:

1. Allow dedicated server functionality as close as posible to Co-op hosting.

2. Moving vehciles and ships in general (no need for AI, just a preset plot and loop)

3. Moving Aircraft Carriers in specific (this is so important and frustrating at the moment...)

4. Allow "F6" view to be disabled, while keeping outside views enabled -or- Allow only F2 view when all outside views disabled.

5. Dedicated Server able to run AI planes like Co-op host.

S!
ViFF

csThor
03-21-2006, 08:34 AM
The Il-2 line is pretty much at the end of its life. Your requests would take a lot of programming time if they'd work with the Il-2 engien at all. A lot is planned for BoB and beyond, but for Il-2 the time for such substantial development is over.

ViFF101
03-21-2006, 08:40 AM
AFAIK there are still 3 or 4 more addons to the IL-2 FB/PF for various markets, so I think your remark is incorrect. Unless you work for 1C ?

Tell me if you know something I don't...

csThor
03-21-2006, 08:49 AM
I do not work for 1C, but according to rumors these AddOns are all scheduled for spring and summer this year. Which means they are already in the later stages of production in which most content is finalized.

I don't want to boast or patronize you (far from it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif), but I have been helping Maddox Games with tiny things since the original Il-2 appeared on the market. I will do the same for BoB so I do have a slightly better connection to Oleg than most people here. This is why I am so sure of my words in the previous post.
Your ideas aren't new and actually appeared right after the Dedicated Server came out. Maddox Games always declined those requests even when the development cycle of Il-2 was not approaching its end because of "no time". I guess this means they consider the amount of work and time for this kind of modification too large to justify them.

JG53Frankyboy
03-21-2006, 08:51 AM
well, adding new planes and maps to the game is no totaly engine overhaul like that points you have.............. and unfortunatly the maddox team will most propably not go so deep in the IL2 engine again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

wich can btw cause a lot of new bugs....

HelSqnProtos
03-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by ViFF101:
AFAIK there are still 3 or 4 more addons to the IL-2 FB/PF for various markets, so I think your remark is incorrect. Unless you work for 1C ?

Tell me if you know something I don't...

The remark is NOT incorrect. Coop dedicated server is EXTEMELY needed but we won't be seeing anything till B.O.B.

crazyivan1970
03-21-2006, 11:22 AM
There will be no changes in dedciated server, only version change as new addons released. Sorry.