PDA

View Full Version : AC1 PSN release missed opportunity?

SirAngry
12-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Lets get one thing straight I love AC1 to bits, and I've enjoyed every Ac game. However with the release of AC1 on the PSN I would have thought someone at Ubisoft would have had the nouse to add trophy support. Its give me a reason to go back to the game, but more importantly it'd have guaranteed a few more sales. The amount of friends who have asked me is AC1 any good? I say yes. The first question is always followed up with this second question. Does it have trophies? To which I have to say no and then they always say oh well I won't get it then if they can add trophy support to 3 old PS2 Prince of Persia games why not AC1?

Grandmaster_Z
12-14-2010, 02:13 PM
death to trophies/achievments (or people that base buying games off of whether there are trophies or not)

RzaRecta357
12-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Why? It sounds like such an ignorant statement.

So a game like AC2, tells you to trip 5 people with a spear.

It's a little extra thing to try and do for fun and get a bit more out of your 60$ game. So death to a person for that? Grow up a bit.

I can see hating online trophies but again oh well. People like to get what it's worth and if there's a little list on a game like GTA that says rob 50 people or something, then why not do it? It's just adding to the fun factor for some people with a little reward on the end.

Confusious30
12-14-2010, 10:23 PM
PS3 stole "trophies" from the 360.

The 360 version of AC has achievements, so this really isn't that big of a deal. If people find trophy-supported games a make/break purchase, I really don't think their opinion matters much, as a gamer.

SirAngry
12-15-2010, 03:59 AM
Confusious30 maybe not... but surely they're opinion counts as a consumer? Or are Ubisoft going to be giving away games for free now and doing just for the art. Personally I liked Achievements on the 360.

I've always been a sad nerd who always tried to do games 100% whether that was completing the game on the hardest setting or unlocking extra costumes etc. Now I have virtual badges which proudly shout my nerd / geek credentials and I like them.

A game not supporting trophies wouldn't stop me buying it, and hasn't stopped me buying them, however it clearly DOES stop some people buying games. So all I was asking was this a missed opportunity by Ubisoft? I think yes.

AssassinVenice
12-15-2010, 05:47 AM
The 360 was ment to have trophies and has an integrated system in it but the ps3 trophies are an add-on and the console wasn't ready for them.
that's why old games do not have trophies and the trophies are kinda slowhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

SirAngry
12-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by AssassinFirenze:
The 360 was ment to have trophies and has an integrated system in it but the ps3 trophies are an add-on and the console wasn't ready for them.
that's why old games do not have trophies and the trophies are kinda slowhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I know that BUT other games have added trophy support post release so why not Ubisoft and AC1? I mean is there a genuine technical reason or is just that they can't be bothered? Epic did it with UTIII and that sold awful initially. Surprise, surprise when it got trophy support it got more sales. I certainly noticed a large spike in online traffic for UTIII post the trophy patch while I was playing. So it is possible to do.

willster98
03-07-2011, 11:37 AM
As someone like myself playing through Assassin's Creed on the PS3 for the first time, I am incredibly disappointed Ubisoft has not included trophy support. That means collecting those godforsaken flags is COMPLETELY POINTLESS except to get your life back in rare occassions. I am very put off by the fact Ubisoft literally has no support for this game any longer. All I can say is UBISOFT YOU SUCK!

magesupermaster
03-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by willster98:
As someone like myself playing through Assassin's Creed on the PS3 for the first time, I am incredibly disappointed Ubisoft has not included trophy support. That means collecting those godforsaken flags is COMPLETELY POINTLESS except to get your life back in rare occassions. I am very put off by the fact Ubisoft literally has no support for this game any longer. All I can say is UBISOFT YOU SUCK!

Just because the original AC doesn't have trophies?
I guess you're just one of those people that play games for trophies.

Also, AC was developed and released before the trophy support.

Ass4ssin8me
03-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by willster98:

You made an account to say that? If they "suck" so much never buy any of their games. That'll teach them a lesson.

willster98
04-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Unfortunately you are correct. Assassins Creed was launched in Nov 2007 but trophy support on the PS3 was not added until July 2008. However, other games have released patches to include trophy support, and since the 360 already had achievement support I was surprised to learn there was no update for it. Especially with it on the PSN now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif