PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter simulation

josephs1959
03-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Does anyone know of a decent ( comparable to IL-2 )Combat helicopter simulation?

RAF74_Raptor
03-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Enemy Engaged Commanche VS Hokumn

Dagnabit
03-02-2007, 06:57 PM
There is a new one coming out called Blackshark, and if memory serves me correctly it is by the same people who brought us Lock On/Lock On Flaming Cliffs. It is anticipated as being a pretty good one, and I am looking forward to it as I have a weakness for chopper sims (too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif)There is also one coming out for PS2 that looks promising. I dont usually do console games so I might have to provide my son with a copy of this one...HEH HEH

huesotravieso
03-03-2007, 05:27 AM
Longbow/Longbow2 are my Helicopter sims.
They're quite old, back to 1998 i think so graphics might seem lacking now a days.

I don't really care. Well I lika fancy graphics and reflections on the water like everybody else. But for sims the only thing I ask for is good FM.

Longbow/Longbow2 have it.
You can even play coop in a single helicopter in pilot/gonner roles where one takes care of avionics and flying while the other takes care of target searching, radars, arming systems...

There's still a comunity of ppl playing that game online. It really surprised me. There are even projects going on to model new ground/air units, add buildings to the 3d environment, add new maps... Amazing.

I wish Jane's Simulations was still with us. They were the best man!!!

vonaltgenuke
03-04-2007, 06:15 AM
There is also Gunship! by Microprose.It came out in 2000 i thing. At that time it had fatastik grafiks.You can shout on singel men whit your gunships cannon.Apache,Tiger and Havoc is flyble

RxMan
03-04-2007, 06:49 AM
Longbow, Longbow 2, and Flashpoint Korea... most amazing...
Interesting to know it's still flying. How does it do on Win XP ?? Speed problems ??

VMF-214_HaVoK
03-04-2007, 11:36 AM
BlackShark is a complete study sim and will far surpass any helicopter sim to date.

knightflyte
03-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
BlackShark is a complete study sim and will far surpass any helicopter sim to date.

But WHEN?!?!

I've been waiting on this forever.