PDA

View Full Version : Manual from fun day



morgoth2005
03-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Just read on Subsim Radio Room that one of the guys who attended the fun day has a photo copy of the manual.

If any of the guys in this forum have a copy could they possibly scan it (PDF doc or something) and post so that the community can download it and have a look.

Is this possible / ethical, not sure?

Warren_537
03-05-2005, 01:59 PM
I have a printed pdf of the manual. I think we were not supposed to get them but UbiRazz was feeling a bit generous. As for posting it I am not sure what 'Razz's feeling on this would be. Maybe wait for him to post about it.

blue_76
03-05-2005, 02:01 PM
can u describe to us how the manual is? how many pages and does it go in detail about the specs?

Tomcat41
03-05-2005, 02:02 PM
could you opst excerpts?

like about the dynamic campaign / naval academy

i wanna know how thats structured http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

also i hear you got CD with new videos /screens / wireframes etc?

any idea if allowed to post that?

BobV_07
03-05-2005, 02:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Warren_537:
I have a printed pdf of the manual. I think we were not supposed to get them but UbiRazz was feeling a bit generous. As for posting it I am not sure what 'Razz's feeling on this would be. Maybe wait for him to post about it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


Yeah, good idea!

http://adjunct.diodon349.com/photopoint/0037/0046.jpg

bbmak1980
03-05-2005, 02:02 PM
give us the manual now !!!

hillgj1
03-05-2005, 02:03 PM
The manual is 60 pages

wolfh2o
03-05-2005, 02:03 PM
all the Qs Tomcat41 just asked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif


???!?!??! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

julien673
03-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Good ideas http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

hillgj1
03-05-2005, 02:05 PM
6 pages yes thats 10%!!! are dedicated to TDC and Manual Firehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif cant wait to learn as I cheated today and used easy to see those suckers sink

bbmak1980
03-05-2005, 02:06 PM
is there something written about the resolution in the manuall? take a look

wolfh2o
03-05-2005, 02:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hillgj1:cant wait to learn as I cheated today and used easy to see those suckers sink <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the spirit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

hillgj1
03-05-2005, 02:10 PM
I cant see any mention of a resolution at all it does not even mention the options screen.

Gbucket
03-05-2005, 02:35 PM
There's nothing in the manual about res, sorry.

Technically there's nothing we could do if you decided to scan in the manual and pass it around your friends. I certainly won't hunt you down with an axe. Much. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Nieldo
03-05-2005, 02:36 PM
thats as good as a yes, do it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

wolfh2o
03-05-2005, 02:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UbiRazz:
_Technically_ there's nothing we could do if you decided to scan in the manual and pass it around your friends. I certainly won't hunt you down with an axe. Much. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmmm....ok... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Therion_Prime
03-05-2005, 02:39 PM
The 6 pages with the manual TDC would be interesting read......

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif *do it* *do it*

blue_76
03-05-2005, 02:39 PM
YES! a scan please.. thank you! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Warren_537
03-05-2005, 02:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UbiRazz:
There's nothing in the manual about res, sorry.

_Technically_ there's nothing we could do if you decided to scan in the manual and pass it around your friends. I certainly won't hunt you down with an axe. Much. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, if this is the case 'Razz, could you not just post a link to the pdf file? I mean, if the manual is gonna be posted it may as well be an authentic pdf, so that it is good quality which reflects the rest of the game.

Getting drunk now, might be time to stop posting for the night.

Mjollnir111675
03-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Peer Pressure!!

"Remember Boys, Flys spread disease! So keep yers closed!!"

Gbucket
03-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Unfortunately I don't have a pdf here (just got home) but I'll see if I can host something on Monday. No promises though!

Warren_537
03-05-2005, 02:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UbiRazz:
Unfortunately I don't have a pdf here (just got home) but I'll see if I can host something on Monday. No promises though! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are a top bloke 'Razz, very very top! Next time get a better caterer though eh? Ham cheese and coleslaw sarnies? Whats going on with that then? ( only joking )

Tomcat41
03-05-2005, 02:47 PM
someone scan that sucka! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

jsut scan the 6 pages or so about the manual TDC. Then UbiRazz can go to his bosses and say, look blokes, poorer quality scans are showing up, ill post the high detail PDF.

okay man go for it! theyll say

and meanwhile we'll have the manual TDC stuff to look at till monday!

cmonnnn SCAN SCAN SCAN

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Gbucket
03-05-2005, 03:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Warren_537:
You are a top bloke 'Razz, very very top! Next time get a better caterer though eh? Ham cheese and coleslaw sarnies? Whats going on with that then? ( only joking ) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Next time: Dominos http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

(No idea what was going on about the food, sorry about that. Someone else at Ubi used those before and said they were good. I, for one, will not be using them ever again.)

Warren_537
03-05-2005, 03:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UbiRazz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Warren_537:
You are a top bloke 'Razz, very very top! Next time get a better caterer though eh? Ham cheese and coleslaw sarnies? Whats going on with that then? ( only joking ) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Next time: Dominos http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

(No idea what was going on about the food, sorry about that. Someone else at Ubi used those before and said they were good. I, for one, will not be using them ever again.) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They weren't that bad mate! Dominos does sound good though!

Mjollnir111675
03-05-2005, 03:09 PM
FOOD SCHMOOD!!
Its all toilet fodder!!
Now back to the manny!!!

wolfh2o
03-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Dominos? Little Ceaser's my friends http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Do they have that over there? must not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Gbucket
03-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Mate, the food was minging, I'm surprised you lot actually ate it. Before we gave it out I was telling Phil that he might have to do a run to the Post Office to buy some sandwiches in those little plastic boxes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Warren_537
03-05-2005, 03:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UbiRazz:
Mate, the food was minging, I'm surprised you lot actually ate it. Before we gave it out I was telling Phil that he might have to do a run to the Post Office to buy some sandwiches in those little plastic boxes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Tell you what 'Razz, invite me down there again and get different food in to make up for today's. Perfect solution.

Mjollnir111675
03-05-2005, 03:14 PM
I see tastebuds are either screening or hi-jacking this thread!!


"I'm doin 120 plowin' o'er mailboxes,
radar detector, ta tell me where tha cops is!"

wolfh2o
03-05-2005, 03:17 PM
"well guys...the game was GREAT!!...but the food SUCKED!!"

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Stefan_246
03-05-2005, 03:18 PM
WWII subsimmers cant be spoiled with the food http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Gbucket
03-05-2005, 03:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Warren_537:
Tell you what 'Razz, invite me down there again and get different food in to make up for today's. Perfect solution. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry mate, it'd only be worth doing one next weekend, as you'd have it by the weekend after. Personally I'd like a Saturday off next weekend if possible, I done a similar event (albeit four times the size) for Rainbow Six Lockdown last Saturday. I miss my Saturday's off http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Mjollnir111675
03-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Really Stefan,
the previous b!t(h was about renedered food in the game.
We bring up it is cool to see a bit from the manny and all a sudden real food at the even is the concern. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

BTW: Anyone go to the Carribbean?
Arghh, maties I have a dealin with the Cubans fer some cigars fer der fuhrer! LMAO!!

Warren_537
03-05-2005, 03:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UbiRazz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Warren_537:
Tell you what 'Razz, invite me down there again and get different food in to make up for today's. Perfect solution. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry mate, it'd only be worth doing one next weekend, as you'd have it by the weekend after. Personally I'd like a Saturday off next weekend if possible, I done a similar event (albeit four times the size) for Rainbow Six Lockdown last Saturday. I miss my Saturday's off http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NP 'Razz. Just can't wait for the 18th now. This is gonna drive my wife nuts!

Gbucket
03-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Suck up lots for the next week and a half and then she'll let you off when it's released http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Therion_Prime
03-05-2005, 03:26 PM
*cough* MANUAL *cough*

Warren_537
03-05-2005, 03:27 PM
'Razz I have been scanning through the cd you gave us mate, mind if I post some of the stuff from it?

Want to make sure it's ok.

Gbucket
03-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Knock yourself out mate, it's yours to do with as you wish. Well, not exactly as you wish, if you start saying "look at this game I developed" we might have a problem with that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Go for it mate!

Krycek1972
03-05-2005, 03:59 PM
Fantastic, nice one Warren_537.

Sounds like a great event and a good time was had by all. Your a top bloke UbiRazz http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ioandar
03-06-2005, 05:22 AM
Thanks UbiRazz! Thats great!

BobV_07
03-06-2005, 05:47 AM
I would have been happy with bread and water! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif


http://adjunct.diodon349.com/photopoint/0037/0046.jpg

oscar0072004
03-06-2005, 05:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Warren_537:
'Razz I have been scanning through the cd you gave us mate, mind if I post some of the stuff from it?

Want to make sure it's ok. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

then go ahead with it RIGHT now!

BlueSabor
03-06-2005, 09:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BobV_07:
I would have been happy with bread and water! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif


http://adjunct.diodon349.com/photopoint/0037/0046.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bread n' pullit yummy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Willey
03-06-2005, 09:48 AM
Good olde English food http://www.ubisoft.de/smileys/3.gif

BlueSabor
03-06-2005, 10:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Willey:
Good olde English food http://www.ubisoft.de/smileys/3.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

oscar0072004
03-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Is the manual gonna be available any time soon? or should i just wait for the release?

Tomcat41
03-06-2005, 05:57 PM
couple of excerpts have been posted:


http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=857101043&m=8631049882

jotefpe
03-06-2005, 06:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UbiRazz:
There's nothing in the manual about res, sorry.

_Technically_ there's nothing we could do if you decided to scan in the manual and pass it around your friends. I certainly won't hunt you down with an axe. Much. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There you are! That seems to be the difference between the British/American community and the German... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Anyway, after all this information (espescially with a "Ruderg√¬§nger" i.e. "helmsman" and 2 periscopes") I am going to be a bit short breathed......