PDA

View Full Version : Possible problem with the controls?

iPlunder
11-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Holding RT And A is sprint and free run. So what happens if your trying to sprint and you get close to a wall. Do you wall run horizontally, or run up vertically if you can't run horizontally? Or do you have to directly run at the wall to run up it.

KlNDRED
11-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by iPlunder:
Holding RT And A is sprint and free run. So what happens if your trying to sprint and you get close to a wall. Do you wall run horizontally, or run up vertically if you can't run horizontally? Or do you have to directly run at the wall to run up it.

no. You walk when you hold your left thumbstick, you start running when you add the right trigger and you start interacting with walls and all when you press A button

iPlunder
11-10-2007, 06:54 PM
you can run and sprint, they are 2 different options.

StealthyFisher
11-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Jade and Patrice said the controlls would be smooth and fluid. You honestly don't need to know about this. Others tried the game and it was fine. No need to worry just play the game when you grab it.

P_Gryffin101
11-10-2007, 06:55 PM
If you run into a wall without holding the a button, you just stop I guess.

KlNDRED
11-10-2007, 06:56 PM

yes running is when your left thumbstick is pushed all the way. Sprint is the LThumb + RTrigger, LThumb + RTrigger + A button = Freerun

iPlunder
11-10-2007, 06:58 PM
I know but what if I'm in small area like an ally chasing someone or running from someone and start sprinting instead of running, will i start running on the walls if i get to close by accident?

Kaxen6
11-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Altair kind of jumped up against the wall to try to grab a hold of something (though there wasn't anything, so he came back down) when I was freerunning in the Secret Assembly.

And Kindred, the controls are left analog stick = walk; left analog stick + right trigger = run/jog; left analog stick + right trigger + A = sprint/freerun

Edit: I type too freaking slow...

iPlunder
11-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by KlNDRED:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iPlunder:

yes running is when your left thumbstick is pushed all the way. Sprint is the LThumb + RTrigger, LThumb + RTrigger + A button = Freerun </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ohhhhh i thought they were the same control, thank you for clearing that up for me. Does anyone know if you will be limited then on sprinting like in grand theft auto?

KlNDRED
11-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Kaxen6:
Altair kind of jumped up against the wall to try to grab a hold of something (though there wasn't anything, so he came back down) when I was freerunning in the Secret Assembly.

And Kindred, the controls are left analog stick = walk; left analog stick + right trigger = run/jog; left analog stick + right trigger + A = sprint/freerun

oh damn, shot down lol
I apologize for the wrong info iPlunder

iPlunder
11-10-2007, 07:13 PM

Edit: I type too freaking slow...

Did it happen often, or was it a minor occurrence?
Plus thanks for clearing that up.

Kaxen6
11-10-2007, 07:15 PM
I didn't really run towards walls that had nothing to grab that often, can't really say.

A_Bird_Of_Prey_
11-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by KlNDRED:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iPlunder:

yes running is when your left thumbstick is pushed all the way. Sprint is the LThumb + RTrigger, LThumb + RTrigger + A button = Freerun </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! If you payed any attention to the videos and theinterviews about controls you would know that you are always walking unless the right trigger is pulled. A while the trigger is pulled you hold "X" aka "A" to sprint/freerun.

iPlunder
11-10-2007, 07:20 PM
How often were there walls with nothing to grab? Like does almost every building have a climbable side? Cause from every gameplay trailer i have seen all buildings look like they have something to grab onto.

avsrule247
11-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Well then you just answered your own question, didn't you?

Kaxen6
11-10-2007, 07:27 PM
How often were there walls with nothing to grab? Like does almost every building have a climbable side? Cause from every gameplay trailer i have seen all buildings look like they have something to grab onto.

It's not often at all. Right after I ran up the wall I described, I shimmied up a merchant stall.

KlNDRED
11-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by A_Bird_Of_Prey_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KlNDRED:

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! If you payed any attention to the videos and theinterviews about controls you would know that you are always walking unless the right trigger is pulled. A while the trigger is pulled you hold "X" aka "A" to sprint/freerun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OH NOOOEEESSS!!!!!!!!!!111111ONEONEONE
Before having a nervous breakdown, read my other post

iPlunder
11-10-2007, 07:52 PM

It's not often at all. Right after I ran up the wall I described, I shimmied up a merchant stall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You make me want this game to badly...

Kaxen6
11-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by iPlunder: You make me want this game to badly...

That's good. xD That seems to be all I do these days... make other people want Assassin's Creed more...

iPlunder
11-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Ubisoft made a good choice to let you guys play the game. You guys have to have sold this game for a lot of people.

NDDONS09
11-10-2007, 08:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KlNDRED:

Ohhhhh i thought they were the same control, thank you for clearing that up for me. Does anyone know if you will be limited then on sprinting like in grand theft auto? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think it would be cuz isnt his health n adrenaline the same thing? kax?

Kaxen6
11-10-2007, 08:32 PM
As far as I know, Altair has Red Bull in his veins and doesn't get tired of running and shimmying up buildings.

iPlunder
11-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Thats good, Although unrealistic, a video game only goes so far before realism turns to boring, constantly stopping to catch a breath while guards are slicing you in half, gameplay.