ivankuturkokoff
05-25-2005, 06:18 PM
nice to know how much we raised please

Equilizer
05-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Enough for his vacation.

crazyivan1970
05-25-2005, 09:45 PM
As i said, people who participated will receive e-mail when Oleg receives the money. He should have it all by June 2nd. I will not anounce amount. All i can say that 160 people participated.

Cheers!

bolillo_loco
05-26-2005, 05:04 AM
what about the starving children around the world?

Da_Godfatha
05-26-2005, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by bolillo_loco:

They are not bringing out the next patch.

Alexi_Alx_Anova
05-26-2005, 05:35 AM

I give three time what I gave to Oleg to charity every month, year in, year out.

Have you considered cancelling your Internet connection and sending that money to the starving children? Where should it end?

Choctaw111
05-26-2005, 06:06 AM
I would love to help every sinlge person in this world that needs help but it is not possible to help every single person in this world that needs help. One person can not singlehandedly make that kind of difference but I do what I can.
Giving to Oleg was a small way for me to say thank you to him for all of the hard work he has done for this community. I have never seen such dedication in all of my life from a game developer before and I appreciate that immensely! I still can't wait till 4.0 comes out!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MEGILE
05-26-2005, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Da_Godfatha:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bolillo_loco:

They are not bringing out the next patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I don't agree with the sentiment, however it remains most humorous.

SeaFireLIV
05-26-2005, 06:18 AM
I had only just returned to the forums(after my own troubles) when I saw this recovery fund thing and heard about Oleg`s crash.

I don`t want to sound mean, but are things so rough that Oleg needs money to recover? I love Oleg`s sim, but then there are plenty of other things that need help too.

I`m working on a pic for him, but I`m sorry, I`m poor enough without having to give out cash for developers who get in an accident. Although, of course I always wish good fortune for Oleg and wish him no harm.

Maybe I`ve got the wrong end of the stick, I dunno. Please advise and inform me if I`m terribly wrong.

carguy_
05-26-2005, 07:31 AM

I heard them getting 78bilion $ last year.

ZG77_Nagual
05-26-2005, 07:49 AM
Generosity and kindness toward the people in our lives is appropriate.

Arguing about who deserves it more is ridiculous noise.

The 'information age' has made our lives too big.

AWL_Spinner
05-26-2005, 08:02 AM
I`m working on a pic for him, but I`m sorry, I`m poor enough without having to give out cash for developers who get in an accident.

The key point with regard to that sentence being that no-one was made to do anything. Oleg had some (a lot of) misfortune, several people asked to offer assistance, token or otherwise, that facility was provided. End of story.

Don't worry, they weren't keeping a list of who does and doesn't deserve the patch* http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

* Joke, before anyone gets on a moral high-horse.

Buzzsaw-
05-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Hello Ivan

As mentioned, I am sending my donation by snail mail, which may not arrive by June 2. Hopefully this is not a problem.

BigKahuna_GS
05-26-2005, 08:24 AM
S!

__________________________________________________ ________________________
ZG77_Nagual Posted Thu May 26 2005 06:49
Generosity and kindness toward the people in our lives is appropriate.

Arguing about who deserves it more is ridiculous noise.

The 'information age' has made our lives too big.
__________________________________________________ ________________________

Well said Naqual !

__

crazyivan1970
05-26-2005, 10:42 AM
Let me make it clear again... Oleg asked for nothing, OK? This was pure intention of people that needed to be organized. Me and Hunter set up paypal account for those who wanted all this to happen. It`s that simple. People wanted to do it, we helped them as much as we can. Why question people intentions all the time?

Sometimes some of you don`t know when to stop http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

ZG77_Nagual
05-26-2005, 10:43 AM
S! Big K. And thanks for your research on the P38L - by the way http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

WWMaxGunz
05-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Oleg and crew have done much extra for all of us for years now, good friends.
When my good friends get in a jam and I can help out, I do.

That is simple enough I think for anyone not ******ed or too anally obsessed
on themselves to understand. People in those groups will stand up and be
recognized even if doing so is stupid.

It is good to have people so far away with such goodwill and good to share back.
Only I wish sometime we could meet over food and drink and share laughs as well.

SeaFireLIV
05-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Well, I knew I`d open myself up for criticsm, but I said what I said as politely and courteously as possible if that means I still get panned so be it. I did no wrong in saying. I`ve learned a little bit more than I did before, thanx to CI.

adriatic
05-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Please guys... Shut up.

Ivan told you with clear words... If you didn't send money...it is not your problem.

reisen52
05-26-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
All i can say that 160 people participated.
Cheers!

Out of how many?

Zeke

nickdanger3
05-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by reisen52:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
All i can say that 160 people participated.
Cheers!

Out of how many?

Zeke </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

6,600,000,000 people

ZG77_Nagual
05-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Say, any relation to **** Primate; Erect Dicktective?

Rocky Roccoco

BOB1943
05-30-2005, 07:53 PM
160 participants are appreciated i,m sure but i for one expected more.i could only give a little but feel we should do more so if you run it again you can count me in. if the community as a whole all gave a little then it would amount to a lot.
hope we havent disapointed oleg as we owe him a great deal for this great flight sim.
i for one can,t emagine how what we have could get any better and really appreciate what we have to date.
also a huge thank-you to the many tallented people who make up the misions that are provided free of charge and are so very enjoyable.because of youre willingness to share be proud in the knowledge that youve made a great sim even greater.
happy flying to all
jw2 1943

WWMaxGunz
05-31-2005, 11:25 AM
Every US dollar is over 25 Rubles. Euros are worth more than Dollars.

I wonder what a Ruble buys in Russia?

It may be that the exchange rate and economy of Russia is the only reason we can see
sim of the quality of the IL2 series at all.

Hey Ivan? What can Ruble buy in Moscow?
Is it like a dollar here, or like some coin?

OldMan____
05-31-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by carguy_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bolillo_loco:

I heard them getting 78bilion $ last year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

quite not true since that could feed half BILLION childreen for half a year. That is more childreen than exist in world so if this money existed we would have no starving childreen.

WWMaxGunz
05-31-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by OldMan____:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by carguy_:

I heard them getting 78bilion $ last year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

quite not true since that could feed half BILLION childreen for half a year. That is more childreen than exist in world so if this money existed we would have no starving childreen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First you have to deduct for expenses and pocket money to politicians.
It is like charity money going to Palestine when Arafat was around, with villas in France.
Maybe 5% actually gets to the needy, or 10% if they are really lucky.
Sorry but that's the way it works.
Ask the people where the Tsunami hit but not the governments.

EDIT: Call me cynical but I believe that many problems are kept as problems just because
they allow collection of money and power and a way to control/distract voters.

SeaFireLIV
05-31-2005, 07:06 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

WWMaxGunz
06-01-2005, 01:55 AM
Wow, that's some good artwork there!

You email a bigger one to 1C? I bet they'd print it up and tack it to a wall!

SeaFireLIV
06-01-2005, 03:01 AM
Yep. Big one sent to Oleg (or at least I hope it gets there!)

Philipscdrw
06-01-2005, 03:46 AM
Uh-oh. Oleg is in danger from all those propellors!

Nice pic Seafire!

WWMaxGunz
06-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
Yep. Big one sent to Oleg (or at least I hope it gets there!)

Can I post a copy of the one here on the WW site?

fherathras
06-01-2005, 02:29 PM
hehe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I like the "bible" under the bed

SeaFireLIV
06-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by WWMaxGunz:

ok.

goshikisen
06-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWMaxGunz:

ok. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seafire, that picture is great. Have I seen your work before? It seems familiar to me somehow.

Regards, Goshikisen.

bolillo_loco
06-04-2005, 01:32 PM
I wouldnt worry about oleg's physical ailments as much as I would the mental anguish that people like me cause him :O

no im not drinking im just plane crazy

crazyivan1970
06-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Ok folks, Oleg has received the funds. Those who donated expect his e-mail shortly http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers!