PDA

View Full Version : Wow! What a patch

deckchair5
11-20-2004, 04:31 AM
Wow! What a patch!

I'm running from the new.exe file and getting much faster start and mission load. 20secs average. However the "new" file seems to enforce "excellent" video settings at the start and again on mission load up or "refly" so I experienced a trouble free quick load and mission provided I reverted the video settings to "medium" for me but when hitting "refly" the video I noticed was going back to "Excellent" and I'd get game freezes and even CTD on the refly.

No problem, just don't use "refly". Go back to main, alter video settings and in you go again

Considering I'm using a P2100 on 256mb ram on Gforce 5500 128mb video then I'm enjoying the game immensely.

So is NEW reverting video to Excellent when it shouldn't? Seems like it for me

deckchair5
11-20-2004, 04:31 AM
Wow! What a patch!

I'm running from the new.exe file and getting much faster start and mission load. 20secs average. However the "new" file seems to enforce "excellent" video settings at the start and again on mission load up or "refly" so I experienced a trouble free quick load and mission provided I reverted the video settings to "medium" for me but when hitting "refly" the video I noticed was going back to "Excellent" and I'd get game freezes and even CTD on the refly.

No problem, just don't use "refly". Go back to main, alter video settings and in you go again

Considering I'm using a P2100 on 256mb ram on Gforce 5500 128mb video then I'm enjoying the game immensely.

So is NEW reverting video to Excellent when it shouldn't? Seems like it for me

DuxCorvan
11-20-2004, 04:33 AM
I have force feedback misfunction now -with both executables. Reported the bug.

oren9999
11-20-2004, 05:41 AM
FF working fine here .
same as b4.

deckchair5
11-20-2004, 06:23 AM
Yes I think FF is a bug that's going to be sorted but does anyone else get video settings auto changed to "Excellent" when starting game or when doing "refly" and thus causing problems for people who cannot run at "Excellent" ie 90% of us?

deckchair5
11-20-2004, 04:18 PM
Hey. A good disk optimization (defrag) did it for me. After a one hour disk opt I've done 10 separate missions from the NEW.exe file all on high detail with no game freeze or sound loop lock ups. Not bad for an ageing P2100 256Mb ram 128mb GForce 5500. Superb graphics.

The reverting back to "Excellent" settings at each and every mission load seemed to stop after getting past the first mission.

The first JPN campaign fighter scramble mission 6 Zekes protecting airfield v 25 incoming fighter/ bombers is a riot and a ***** to get through