PDA

View Full Version : EULA

eckertt001
04-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Is there a location I can view the EULA?

JohnConnor2012
04-27-2010, 08:06 PM
SPOILER:

You want to climb the viewpoint at the top of Ezio's uncle's villa and then perform a backflip instead of the usual leap of faith.

Only kidding. But you mean you actually read that thing??? All it says is 'agree to everything or you can't play the game'. You're playing the game, presumably.

eckertt001
04-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Actually the reason what I would like it for, is I'm writing a paper for my IP (Intellectual Property) Law class. A part of the paper is regarding a compare contrast to other EULA's from various other games. More specifically, those that require internet access to engage in. It really doesn't have to be Assassin’s Creed 2, and through my current research, I got linked over here, and I just happened to remember my ubi id. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JohnConnor2012
04-28-2010, 04:40 AM
It's probably in the hard-copy game manual you got with AC2, near the back.

TheLeoCrow
04-28-2010, 05:15 AM
The only legal way to get the eula (as far as i know) is to buy the game. But even if you don't agree with the eula, you can't return the game on the basis of not agreeing to the eula

KZarr
04-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Try using Guildwars' EULA (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/EULA/User_Agreement) it's the only one that actually makes sense to me

eckertt001
04-28-2010, 07:29 PM
I did obtain a copy of the EULA, but I have no way of verifying that this actual EULA from Ubisoft. But according to this information, you are in fact entitled to a refund directly from Ubisoft, so long as you do not use the CD-Key, receive an RMA #, and return the product within 30 days to Ubisoft. Can anyone confirm that this is accurate?

UBISOFT AGREES FOR A PERIOD OF THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE TO REFUND THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE UNUSED MULTIMEDIA PRODUCT TO THE USER. “UNUSED” IS DEFINED TO MEAN THAT ANY USER (I) DID NOT USE THE KEY CODE; (II) OBTAINS A RETURN MERCHANDISE AUTHORIZATION (“RMA”) NUMBER FROM UBISOFT CUSTOMER SERVICE AT 919 460-9778 OR BY USING THE ASK A QUESTION FEATURE IN THE FAQ SECTION OF HTTP://SUPPORT.UBI.COM; AND (III) RETURNS, DURING THE FOREGOING PERIOD OF THIRTY (30) DAYS, THE UNUSED MULTIMEDIA PRODUCT IN ITS WHOLE, ORIGINAL PACKAGING WITH THE ORIGINAL PROOF OF PURCHASE AND THE RMA TO UBISOFT, POSTAGE PREPAID TO THE ADDRESS SET FORTH BELOW. BY INSTALLING OR OTHERWISE USING THIS MULTIMEDIA PRODUCT, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND TO THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT INSTALL OR OTHERWISE USE THIS MULTIMEDIA PRODUCT. INSTEAD, RETURN IT TO UBISOFT FOR A REFUND ACCORDING TO THE ABOVE PROCESS.

DexLuther
04-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by eckertt001:
I did obtain a copy of the EULA, but I have no way of verifying that this actual EULA from Ubisoft. But according to this information, you are in fact entitled to a refund directly from Ubisoft, so long as you do not use the CD-Key, receive an RMA #, and return the product within 30 days to Ubisoft. Can anyone confirm that this is accurate?

UBISOFT AGREES FOR A PERIOD OF THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE TO REFUND THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE UNUSED MULTIMEDIA PRODUCT TO THE USER. “UNUSED” IS DEFINED TO MEAN THAT ANY USER (I) DID NOT USE THE KEY CODE; (II) OBTAINS A RETURN MERCHANDISE AUTHORIZATION (“RMA”) NUMBER FROM UBISOFT CUSTOMER SERVICE AT 919 460-9778 OR BY USING THE ASK A QUESTION FEATURE IN THE FAQ SECTION OF HTTP://SUPPORT.UBI.COM; AND (III) RETURNS, DURING THE FOREGOING PERIOD OF THIRTY (30) DAYS, THE UNUSED MULTIMEDIA PRODUCT IN ITS WHOLE, ORIGINAL PACKAGING WITH THE ORIGINAL PROOF OF PURCHASE AND THE RMA TO UBISOFT, POSTAGE PREPAID TO THE ADDRESS SET FORTH BELOW. BY INSTALLING OR OTHERWISE USING THIS MULTIMEDIA PRODUCT, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND TO THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT INSTALL OR OTHERWISE USE THIS MULTIMEDIA PRODUCT. INSTEAD, RETURN IT TO UBISOFT FOR A REFUND ACCORDING TO THE ABOVE PROCESS.

The problem with that is you have to pay shipping and handling. It's annoying to have to pay to get a refund on something.

eckertt001
04-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by DexLuther:
The problem with that is you have to pay shipping and handling. It's annoying to have to pay to get a refund on something.

No argument there.