PDA

View Full Version : OT Spike TV's 2005 VGA

Bearcat99
11-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Spike TV (http://www.spiketv.com/home/) 2005 <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">V</span>ideo <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">G</span>ame <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">A</span>wards Dec. 10 2100 E.S.T.

The closest thing to a flight sim is Battlefield 2.. but still.. I am sure there will be something of intrest for many of you. Basically all I do is FB and it isnt in there so. I will be watcing it anyway if I am home. Id like to see 1C in there again. It's a shame that flight sims are not a more appealing market.

BaldieJr
11-28-2005, 02:49 PM
I. HATE. SPIKE. TV.

Ever watch the 3 Stooges on that channel? All the commercials are ultra-voilent garbage. It totally ruins the slapstick. If I had kids I'd hate the channel even more.

Bearcat99
11-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Hey... I watch it for Star Trek.... when I am home.... but I saw the promo and decided to post it. Take the meat and leave the bone,fat and grissle... thats what I say.

arcadeace
11-28-2005, 03:11 PM
I watch it for Cops, but I think I've seen K1 fighting on Spike too, which is better than boxing. We don't have any kids.

jds1978
11-28-2005, 03:16 PM
It's a shame that flight sims are not a more appealing market.

Totally mystified by this myself. Maybe it has something to do w/ the shrinking PC game market

Daiichidoku
11-28-2005, 04:54 PM
MXEC on spike can be entertaining

i have seen the deluge of VGA promos, and while I wouldnt have any expectations, aside from it being a FPS and auto-racing extravaganza, that the promo features an endless stream of P-38s flying overhead certainly rankles

Bearcat99
11-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Daiichidoku:

i have seen the deluge of VGA promos, and while I wouldnt have any expectations, aside from it being a FPS and auto-racing extravaganza, that the promo features an endless stream of P-38s flying overhead certainly rankles

Yeah.. when I went to the nominees I was a little WTF @ ot seeing any flight sims.... no WW2 sims at all in fact. Except COD2 I think it was..

Daiichidoku
11-28-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daiichidoku:

Yeah.. when I went to the nominees I was a little WTF @ ot seeing any flight sims.... no WW2 sims at all in fact. Except COD2 I think it was.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

to be expected...game co.s pay for the production, so they will want to showcase what they know will have the widest appeal, and potentially more ROI...integrity, and the spirit of actually recognizing a game in every possible category for excellence is non-existant

kinda why i never, ever watch any other awards shows, oscars, tonys, emmy, grammys, et al..BS