PDA

View Full Version : Solution for Navigation in PF...

fuser59
04-08-2005, 06:56 PM
One idea I had to improve the sim, would be for the game designers to incorporate "navigation and breifing tools" that you could access while flying. It would basically go like this:

As one person has previously suggested, let the mini-map be updated to include information found while in the breifing screen... Target Info, Mission accomplishment priorities, attack info, etc., however take it this xtra step further...

If we could get an extra control while flying, that would work WITH the mini-map. Humm, lets say they could provided a "Left click" action on the mini-map. Once you left clicked on it, a 2nd smaller window would open up below the mini-map showing heading, distance, and TTT (Time to target according to the speed you were flying at the moment of the click). information for the point on the mini-map clicked. At the same time, it could activate the RMI gauge of the aircraft for the new waypoint clicked, thereby relieving you of the necessity of constantly monitoring the mini-map since you could then simply refer to the RMI gauge!

Im not sure if it would ever be considered, but it sure sounds like on heck-of an idea to me

What do you the community think?

fuser59
04-08-2005, 06:56 PM
One idea I had to improve the sim, would be for the game designers to incorporate "navigation and breifing tools" that you could access while flying. It would basically go like this:

As one person has previously suggested, let the mini-map be updated to include information found while in the breifing screen... Target Info, Mission accomplishment priorities, attack info, etc., however take it this xtra step further...

If we could get an extra control while flying, that would work WITH the mini-map. Humm, lets say they could provided a "Left click" action on the mini-map. Once you left clicked on it, a 2nd smaller window would open up below the mini-map showing heading, distance, and TTT (Time to target according to the speed you were flying at the moment of the click). information for the point on the mini-map clicked. At the same time, it could activate the RMI gauge of the aircraft for the new waypoint clicked, thereby relieving you of the necessity of constantly monitoring the mini-map since you could then simply refer to the RMI gauge!

Im not sure if it would ever be considered, but it sure sounds like on heck-of an idea to me

What do you the community think?

Treetop64
04-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Sorry, Fuse, but 1C is not accepting any applications today...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif