PDA

View Full Version : This is not a whine.

darkhorizon11
03-22-2005, 07:51 PM
But why is there a Russia-only add-on? The USA is a huge market wouldn't it make sense to have it available here too?!?!

darkhorizon11
03-22-2005, 07:51 PM
But why is there a Russia-only add-on? The USA is a huge market wouldn't it make sense to have it available here too?!?!

darkhorizon11
03-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Speaking of which does anyone have some pictures of these new planes just for the drool factor??

VW-IceFire
03-22-2005, 07:57 PM
I don't think that project is far enough along to see any screen shots. Give it some time.

Oleg has been quoted as roughly saying that although it would definately be released by 1C in Russia...releasing to the rest of the world was a possibility.

My take? I see it as UBI playing wait and see...

LEXX_Luthor
03-22-2005, 08:21 PM
All UBI needs to do is sell English version CDs from website at 40$ price each (USA) and ship CDs in blank paper envelope. There will be three (3) Russian Addon CDs. That is 120$ per simmer. All we need is a simple Readme File. UBI can Get Rich Quick. Same thing with a Map Addon CD for large multi-island Pacific maps.

LeadSpitter_
03-23-2005, 09:52 AM
i highly doubt people would pay 40 for one pe2 and post 46russian ac.

I think the pe2 suppost to be 5 bucks for the russians. They should just wait and throw them on one disc instead of 3, a matter a fact i think they are getting much to greedy, they say they give us free stuff but we are paying for it,

Il2 sturmovik $30
Forgotten Battles $30
AEP $30
PF $40

I mean now its cheaper but thats what I paid when they came out, I think they should throw in the pe2 and others for free we paid alot for this game and we are going to pay alot for

Battle of britian $40
BOB: Poland addon $30
BOB: Battle of france $30
BOB: 1c Med & Pacific addon $30

and who knows what else they plan to use the BOB new engine for the next 5 years and hopefully they bring in the western front 1943-45 down the road which without a doubt are the most popular planesets online.

So considering that whats 4-8 ac and a couple maps for the russian community only so far but plans of making it available for the western market hopefully, 3 cds 5 bucks each. I feel they milked this game way to much especially with the skins and missions packs for 30 bucks each which i wont even mention but there are about 12 of them.

wwii Flight sims are not big money makers and the small community is paying an arm and a leg but after all the patches and content we were told we wouldget with pf but could not be fit on the disc i feel its worth it. But i do feel they are being to greedy and a additional $120-150 down the road for bob and addons, even if they do sell 200-300,000 copies thats more then enough to be profitable for 1-2 years of work for 15 people.

I have not seen one ubisoft game as dedicated as 1c have been with this series, but we paid alot for it. The only other company I paid equal price for is novalogics DF1 DF2 Landwarrior, taskforce dagger, BHD, team sabre, Joint Operations, JO Escalation and their support is great along with its community.

Hopefully the janes wwii fighters team, good ol billgates, xplane 8.0s designer and 1c/ubi can work together on making the most complete and realistic wwii flight sim featuring all theaters land sea and air massive non pay to play multiplayer game in the future which we all have been waiting for and would require so much money to build but would make it up in sales.

Jasko76
03-23-2005, 09:59 AM
Lead's got a point - they are greedy. I wouldn't pay 120 $ for all three cds, but 30 $ for a well packed cd containing all the new stuff. It would be a nice farewell for the Il2 series and something to keep us busy until BoB is released.

BuzzU
03-23-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm not paying anymore money for the IL2 series. Let's get going on BOB.

darkhorizon11
03-23-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm just saying love or hate us Americans the market here is hugeee. I mean if they do sell it, it would make soo much more sense to sell it here too because they'd make a lot more money. Especially since this next goliath patch is gonna be free.

BuzzU
03-23-2005, 02:41 PM
I know what you're saying. I just don't want to add anymore to the IL2 series. The next patch should hold me over until BOB shows up. I'm sure BOB will have expansions up the butt for a long time. Oleg can get more money from me then.

Tooz_69GIAP
03-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Just let you guys know, it's Ubi Soft who decides the price, and it's Ubi Soft who refuse to market any more add ons probably due to the massive amount of illegal downloads of PF when it was released.

Also, if you guys over in the US think you pay a lot, try doubling what you pay and you'll see how much we in the UK and Europe pay for the same products (based on current exchange rate).

I paid around 35.99 or something for FB (approx $75 or summit), 19.99 for AEP(~$40), 34.95 (~$75) for PF, which in total is getting close to $200 US!! And then we hear about the same products costing around $5-$10 in Russia!!!

Life sux!! But FB rox!!!

carguy_
03-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Eastern front isn`t as quite popular as the western.Compare hown many eastern how many western planes we got.

Paying additional money for a flyable planes that you won`t fly at all is against logic.

Tooz_69GIAP
03-23-2005, 05:51 PM
I'm definately more interested in the eastern front than the western. Western front from late '40 until mid '44 is nothing but fighter sweeps over France, Belgium and Holland, and long range bomber raids. There's no ground war, no real focus or drive, just targets to get hit.

The Pacific is also pretty boring: it's basically just island hopping, with precious little in the way of a ground war. And naval battles are not really viable in the game due to resources not being enough to handle a couple of thousand AA guns going off and a few hundred carrier based aircraft duking it out. If we had a good Burma or China map then we could get into some real ground war stuff with good focus for the aerial war, or a better Guadalcanal map which included Rabaul and Tarawa, etc, etc, that would also be cool. But we don't.

On the Eastern Front, it's ALL about the ground war, and it's always moving, always something happening, always targets that mean something and that will affect directly what happens in a campaign.

The more maps and the more objects and the more aircraft we get for that theatre the better I say!!

But I would dearly LOVE to have a good, accurate, N. Africa/Med campaig which took in Tunisia, Morrocco, Libya, Egypt, Greece, Malta, Sicily, Italy, Yugoslavia, etc, etc. That is the most interesting theatre of operations to me. But we aren't gonna get that til after BoB comes out.