PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for Nothing UBI!!!!!!!!!!!!

ottoramsaig1959
03-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Just got my SHIV. Go to the readme file. THis friggin game doesn't run on my ATI 9200. Thanks for nothing but a hole in my wallet. I can't believe that I now have to purchase a new card for a game riddled with bugs. I GIVE UP! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

veovis39
03-22-2007, 04:55 PM
LOL

Sorry buddy but these graphics rock, and the 9200 was the ultra budget version from 4 generations ago. You trying to run it on Windows95? How much RAM do you have, 64MB?

Do you even read the minimum specs?

Minoos
03-22-2007, 04:58 PM
The 9200 card does not have the required memory size and support for shaders V3.
Feel free to ask for advise before upgrading.

ottoramsaig1959
03-22-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by veovis39:
LOL

Sorry buddy but these graphics rock, and the 9200 was the ultra budget version from 4 generations ago. You trying to run it on Windows95? How much RAM do you have, 64MB?

Do you even read the minimum specs? Thanks for the support!

ottoramsaig1959
03-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Minoos:
The 9200 card does not have the required memory size and support for shaders V3.
Feel free to ask for advise before upgrading. Thanks Minoos, I was under the impression that the card might support due to asking on the Forum and being advised that it would, OK give it to me straight, I am going to upgrade what do you suggest?
This is what I got, ATAPI-CD ROM Drive X56MAX, 74.5GB on the Hard Drive (After installation of SHIV & 1.1 Patch. The only other game I got loaded is SH3 GWX

drugmanrx
03-22-2007, 05:29 PM
well you do need a dvd drive since its a dvd rom.....be careful though, mine will load the game but it won't play it (says the game isn't in the drive when it is!) I think its a copy protection software problem.....maybe I should have just pirated it so I could actually play it....instead I did the good thing and got the shaft

ottoramsaig1959
03-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by drugmanrx:
well you do need a dvd drive since its a dvd rom.....be careful though, mine will load the game but it won't play it (says the game isn't in the drive when it is!) I think its a copy protection software problem.....maybe I should have just pirated it so I could actually play it....instead I did the good thing and got the shaft I got the DVD Drive I purchased that to run SH3 Minoos is sending me a link so he can view my PC spec's, Thanks for the response.

TheRealPotoroo
03-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by ottoramsaig1959:
Thanks Minoos, I was under the impression that the card might support due to asking on the Forum and being advised that it would, OK give it to me straight,
I do hope I wasn't the one who advised you it would run SH4. The Radeon 9200 is a DX8.1 card which supports Shader Model 1.4. The 9600 is the minimum ATI card that supports SM2.0.

ottoramsaig1959
03-23-2007, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by TheRealPotoroo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ottoramsaig1959:
Thanks Minoos, I was under the impression that the card might support due to asking on the Forum and being advised that it would, OK give it to me straight,
I do hope I wasn't the one who advised you it would run SH4. The Radeon 9200 is a DX8.1 card which supports Shader Model 1.4. The 9600 is the minimum ATI card that supports SM2.0. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No it wasn,t you my friend, anyway Minoos is helping me figure everything out. He is looking for info on my mother board. We are attempting to find the best match. Thanks for the response, seems like SS 297 is in dry dock for awhile.

Tracer63
03-23-2007, 06:01 AM
One of the joys of PC gaming..did i say 'joy'? Yes it's great when you keep on top of this expensive hobby. Stick at it and you'll learn a lot, also you will save a fortune when you learn to do your own building -i've been doing it for 13years (6 PCs with DOS6.22/Win95/98SE and XP and countless games; approx 400)
self taught from mags.

I bought a stand alone DVD player (LG) and a DVD/CD R/RW. That way *no* conflicts.

Good luck! But be prepaired to maybe pay a bit out -don't go too expensive on the graphics card front, especialy with DX10 cards coming out, DX9 will be obsolete soon!

dsheerin
03-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Not to be an *** or anything like that, I'm just wondering if the box for the game lists the computer specs needed?

I know I can't use my POS machine due to its outdated videocard (ATI 9250 128 mg), and sadly I can't really upgrade because my bleeding mother board doesn't have a AGP slot let along a PCIe!

Upgrading my machine is on the list of things to do but sadly I can't justify the expense of it... bah, it sucks being a student.

ottoramsaig1959
03-23-2007, 12:49 PM
I haven't even looked at the box. It came in the mail so all I had to go on was some bull advise from the forum. I had planned to enjoy the box, charts and other goodies while uploading. The readme file nothing ATI 9500 or below is supported. SOmething to do with a V3 Shadder.

Tracer63
03-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Yes the box states specs clearly.
Starts at minimum ATI 9600 series and GeForce 3/TI series.

Even the online UBI shop has the basic specs on the 'Silent Hunter® 4
Deluxe Edition - Only 3.000 units worldwide'
before you buy it page!

System requirements
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows® XP/Vista only"˘ PROCESSOR: Pentium®4 2Ghz or AMD Athlon™ (3Ghz Pentium or Athlon recommended) "˘ RAM: 1GB (2GB recommended)"˘ VIDEO CARD DirectX® 9.0 compliant, 128 Mb Video Card capable of rendering Pixel shader 2.0 (256 Mb recommended) - See supported List* "˘ DIRECT X®: DirectX® 9.0 (included on disc) "˘ DVD-ROM DRIVE: 4X or faster "˘ SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0 compatible "˘ HARD DISK: 6 GB "˘ PERIPHERALS: Mouse, keyboard "˘ MULTIPLAY: Broadband connection with 128 kbps upstream or faster (512 Kbps upstream or faster needed to host online games)
GAME & GAME MANUAL IN ENGLISH - SPANISH AND FRENCH SUBTITLES AVAILABLE

TheRealPotoroo
03-24-2007, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Tracer63:
Yes the box states specs clearly.
Starts at minimum ATI 9600 series and GeForce 3/TI series.
There's no way you'll run SH4 on a Geforce 3 series card as they don't suport DX9 or SM2.0. The box clearly says Geforce 6200 is the minimum Nvidia card supported.