PDA

View Full Version : Question about Assassins

kosmoscreed
07-24-2011, 02:01 AM
Probably I missed this piece of info or I can't remember from early games, my question is:

All the assassins in the order are people with the eagle vision, or only some special individuals are descendents from the lineage created when TWCB and humans interbreeded?.

ProletariatPleb
07-24-2011, 02:32 AM
The latter, some individuals part...

reini03
07-24-2011, 09:34 AM
To quote a Q&A from the AC Comic-Con panel yesterday:
Q: Did Templars have eagle vision?
A: It's certainly possible.

Just wanted to add that. Means that Eagle Vision isn't an assassin-exclusive ability. But, as sidspyker said, exclusive to TWCB/Human-hybrids.

ProletariatPleb
07-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:

Just wanted to add that. Means that Eagle Vision isn't an assassin-exclusive ability. But, as sidspyker said, exclusive to TWCB/Human-hybrids.
I think some Templars DO have eagle vision..else how would they find the vault in AC2?

FiskMunk
07-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by sidspyker24:
I think some Templars DO have eagle vision..else how would they find the vault in AC2?

By the same means you find your missing socks?

ProletariatPleb
07-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by FiskMunk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:

By the same means you find your missing socks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How are they going to search a place they only heard about without a map..they all had pieces of codex...and the codex was the map...only viewable thru Eaglevision.

CRUDFACE
07-24-2011, 12:59 PM
It's a bloodline thing, and your blood doesn't determine which side you'll be on. Remember, all the assassin recruits are composed of just people you find on the street, that's all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FiskMunk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:

By the same means you find your missing socks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How are they going to search a place they only heard about without a map..they all had pieces of codex...and the codex was the map...only viewable thru Eaglevision. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they already knew where it was since, let's be honest, it wasn't the hardest thing to figure out.

InfectedNation
07-24-2011, 03:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:

I think some Templars DO have eagle vision..else how would they find the vault in AC2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was I the only person who felt like Marco/Silvio Babarigo's guard Dante Moro had a form of eagle sense?
The way Ubi had emphasised him saying "I feel eyes on us" while Ezio was spying on the templars made me a little suspicious...

CRUDFACE
07-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:

I think some Templars DO have eagle vision..else how would they find the vault in AC2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was I the only person who felt like Marco/Silvio Babarigo's guard Dante Moro had a form of eagle sense?
The way Ubi had emphasised him saying "I feel eyes on us" while Ezio was spying on the templars made me a little suspicious... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he had it then he had eagle sense then he would've seen it when the dagger got nailed in his head. If he had Eagle vision, he would've known that the guy who sent the assassin had really bad intent towards him.

samward
07-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by kosmoscreed:
Probably I missed this piece of info or I can't remember from early games, my question is:

All the assassins in the order are people with the eagle vision, or only some special individuals are descendents from the lineage created when TWCB and humans interbreeded?.

I have always thought of it like this... though these are may own thoughts and there is no concreet evidence for them, as we don't know exactly what causes eagle vision.

But along with the fact that Alta´r, Ezio, and Desmond all have the same face, I have speculated that this trait, and eagle vision are presented as a dormant gene in Desmond's bloodline. So it would basically present like a hereditary disease, in the same sense that some assessors get the traits and the abilities and others don't. I have liked to think of it as nature only awaking these traits, as an evolutionary progression, when history or the human race needs someone with extraordinary abilities. First with Alta´r and then later with Ezio and now with Desmond. Now I know that Desmond inherited the eagle vision through the bleeding effect. But it may have been the case that he had the ability and it just had not developed fully yet; the bleeding effect simply helping to speed the process along.

Like I said there is no substantial evidence for this idea. But I have considered the details of the story ( For example the fact that as far as we know no other Assassin we have come in contact through the games, has had this ability.) and in the end this line of thinking just seems the most logical to me. So until the writers correct me... this is where I stand... maybe it will make sense to you too.

CRUDFACE
07-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by samward:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kosmoscreed:

I have always thought of it like this... though these are may own thoughts and there is no concreet evidence for them, as we don't know exactly what causes eagle vision.

But along with the fact that Alta´r, Ezio, and Desmond all have the same face, I have speculated that this trait, and eagle vision are presented as a dormant gene in Desmond's bloodline. So it would basically present like a hereditary disease, in the same sense that some assessors get the traits and the abilities and others don't. I have liked to think of it as nature only awaking these traits, as an evolutionary progression, when history or the human race needs someone with extraordinary abilities. First with Alta´r and then later with Ezio and now with Desmond. Now I know that Desmond inherited the eagle vision through the bleeding effect. But it may have been the case that he had the ability and it just had not developed fully yet; the bleeding effect simply helping to speed the process along.

Like I said there is no substantial evidence for this idea. But I have considered the details of the story ( For example the fact that as far as we know no other Assassin we have come in contact through the games, has had this ability.) and in the end this line of thinking just seems the most logical to me. So until the writers correct me... this is where I stand... maybe it will make sense to you too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Around the time of Ezio, I think it became more of a you get lucky if it awakens in you, because honestly, I think that out of Frederico, Giovanni, Petrucio and Claudia that only Ezio and the ability because it became more of a mutation, a rarity if it occurred. And they all have the same face because Desmond subconsciously mixes in his features with his ancestors to better take on their role. But the thing with the world needing people...yeah, dude,how would the world signal their bloodline like that? That's more of a mystical magical thing you've got going on.

And if they rose to meet it, then why is it that Nikolai Orelov rose to the occasion but he didn't have eagle vision to help him out...

Of he had the potential to learn it, it's in his blood, but that doesn't mean he h awakened, not even partially before. What would a weaker version of Eagle vision be? Probably nothing. And it's not an evolutionary progression thing, else they would all have it.

the world, in a metaphorical sense which includes events and people doesn't create a person to rise to meet it. You rise to meet the challenge.