PDA

View Full Version : BF-109E 7/B vs. Tomahawk Mk.IIa?

arjisme
02-16-2008, 09:04 AM
I've been flying FlatSpinMan's Africa campaign but consistently have trouble dealing with the P-40s whenever they appear. They are generally faster, dive better, and turn better than my Emil. I know I can climb better than them, but am not having a lot of luck using that to my advantage. They seem to keep up pretty well. Maybe I am not climbing optimally?

Any suggestions on how best to deal with these guys?

Also, I was looking at il2 Compare and have a question about reading the MAX ROC by Altitude graph. I don't understand the x-axis, which is labeled "speed (km/h)." For a Bf-109 7/B, max ROC is 15.5 km/h at 0 meters altitude? I thought ROC was measured in meters/second (as on the ROC at Constant TAS graph). Can someone explain this to me?

arjisme
02-16-2008, 09:04 AM
I've been flying FlatSpinMan's Africa campaign but consistently have trouble dealing with the P-40s whenever they appear. They are generally faster, dive better, and turn better than my Emil. I know I can climb better than them, but am not having a lot of luck using that to my advantage. They seem to keep up pretty well. Maybe I am not climbing optimally?

Any suggestions on how best to deal with these guys?

Also, I was looking at il2 Compare and have a question about reading the MAX ROC by Altitude graph. I don't understand the x-axis, which is labeled "speed (km/h)." For a Bf-109 7/B, max ROC is 15.5 km/h at 0 meters altitude? I thought ROC was measured in meters/second (as on the ROC at Constant TAS graph). Can someone explain this to me?