PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to PF-Patches-Virus

C15Crazy-Canuck
03-16-2005, 05:15 PM
I recently purchased PF after years of CFS2. No throwing things thank you. I just downloaded pf.303exe patch and pf304.exe patch and 303 made my virus software jump. What patches do I need to get up to date including patches to play on line. Thank you.
C15Crazy-Canuck

JunkoIfurita
03-16-2005, 05:37 PM
3.03 (100something megs) and 3.04 (17 megs?) is all you need to patch the game out of the box.

Don't know why 3.03 is making your virus software - did you download it directly from the ubi.com ftp?

----

C15Crazy-Canuck
03-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Thank you for the reply. Yes I did download directly from the ubi site. What patches do I need to play on servers? Thanks for the help!
C15 Crazy-Canuck

Eraser_tr
03-16-2005, 08:19 PM
3.03 and 3.04!

is it the merged install or standalone?

BPLIzard
03-16-2005, 09:33 PM
I have had the same experience with Norton. I just cancelled the scanning process and got on with the patch. I did a full scan after the patching and found nothing. No biggie.

Philipscdrw
03-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Eek. I didn't, and I had continuous broadband connection at the time. I hope my Norton is up to scratch...

Bearcat99
03-16-2005, 10:30 PM
There are a few PF standalone servers on Hyperlobby.. which can be found in a link in the Sturmovik Essentials thread..... in my sig.. but basically most of the serverrs are merged. The merged version is the way to go.

EnGaurde
03-16-2005, 10:30 PM
yeah dont worry too much about virus checkers going crazy.

heuristics i think it is.... look, smells and acts like, or usually one or even none of those, then it screams.

your browsing habits often dictate your virus likelyhood ( ie keep little sisters/brothers away, everything is clicked ) and your firewall status keeps trojans in and worms out.

so if you are thrifty and mindful in your downloading, then a virus ye shall not have.

ive downloaded everytihng from ubi, and never have i had a problem.

C15Crazy-Canuck
03-19-2005, 10:03 PM
Thanks for all of the help. I guess I should go out and IL2 and play on the merged server. Now I seem to be having a problem with the ubi download to get on the server. I got it to work once then reinstalled. I may have to reinstall to clear the game. Thanks for the virus advice. See you in the air.
C15-WO3-Crazy-Canuck

JunkoIfurita
03-20-2005, 05:43 AM
Well, if you're going to go merged, then you'll have to re-install anyway ^_^ hope things even out for you.

Just make sure you get the Forgotten Battles/Aces Expansion 'Gold Pack' instead of just FB. You need the Aces expansion to merge with Pacific Fighters, and the Gold Pack is the same price as FB is on it's own.

If you merge, you need a different set of patches - 3.03m and 3.04m - all merged installs get the 'm' suffix.

And you've been playing online at Ubi.com, right? Ubi.com is pretty empty of players these days, as most of the pilots tend to use the alternative lobby Hyperlobby (http://hyperfighter.sk/), which caters for both Pacific Fighters players and those running the merged install. Lots of great action over here ^_^, and you're not likely to have a download problem.

See you in the air, mate.

----

C15Crazy-Canuck
03-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the help. How do I get set up on hyperlobby? Just go there and follow the prompts or do I need to download ubi server patches? Do any of you fly in squadrons? I am currently a member of C15 Flying CFS2, good group of guys and gals. I have tried to swing them to this game for the realism. I say my chances are 50-50. Thanks from the Great White North!

96th_Nightshifter
03-23-2005, 09:30 PM
The C15 Huh, I remember you guys from the Zone in CFS2 - we switched to IL2 quite while back - is Lima and Fireman still in that squad?