PDA

View Full Version : Sound driver issues?

Trigger--Happy
02-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Everytime i play IL2, i have to restart my computer afterwards. the problem even occurs in-game.

the problem is that i hear an 'echo' effect. each time i end a flight, i need to go into the hardware setup in the game, and turn off 'extensions', apply, then go back and turn it back on. then the in-game echo goes away, but it remains outside the game until i restart.

im using XP home.

Trigger--Happy
02-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Everytime i play IL2, i have to restart my computer afterwards. the problem even occurs in-game.

the problem is that i hear an 'echo' effect. each time i end a flight, i need to go into the hardware setup in the game, and turn off 'extensions', apply, then go back and turn it back on. then the in-game echo goes away, but it remains outside the game until i restart.

im using XP home.

Urufu_Shinjiro
02-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Click on start, then run, type dxdiag, then go to sound tab, there should be a slider for hw acceleration, move it one notch back to standard, that should do it.

Swivet
02-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Hmmm that's weird....What kind of soundcard you using? Onboard integrated or is it a seperate pci card..If the card has environmental controls, maybe the reverb is way up or something..I was getting reverberated (echo) sound once after i updated my drivers and had to turn environmental enhancements off...You also might find your answer in the technical help section of the forums as well...

Trigger--Happy
02-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the quick replies guys.

The suggestion Urufu_Shinjiro gave worked out. i actually found it myself by accident. turning off the hardware acceleration resolved the problem.

Thanks guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif