PDA

View Full Version : What was she doing? *possible spoilers, I suppose*

Edengoth
11-17-2009, 11:21 PM
I know this may sound like a petty and insignificant thing, but at the beginning of AC2, when Desmond first lies down in the Animus 2.0, Rebecca is holding something black attached to a cord, presumably some sort of interface device for the animus. But we don't see what she does with it, we only hear Desmond say "ow" and Shaun basically telling him to man up.

What exactly was that thing and where was she putting it?

Coolgerb
11-17-2009, 11:34 PM
I think you should add spoiler tags.

Edengoth
11-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Really? It's common knowledge that Desmond goes into a new version of the Animus, as well as the existence of characters called Rebecca and Shaun. I haven't spoiled anything.

Coolgerb
11-17-2009, 11:40 PM
A lot of people doesn't mean everyone. Not to mention you're asking explanation about an item that might be part of the plot.

Xenlecan
11-18-2009, 12:10 AM
I think it was an IV drip.

lingeredshade
11-18-2009, 01:02 AM
It looked to me like she injected him with something. Not necessarily an IV drip, could've been a mild anesthetic.

Edengoth
11-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Hmm. IV drip makes sense I guess. I kinda like the whole motif of "putting some things just outside of view and not explaining them until a little later" in the cutscenes, but in this instance it was just frustrating.

Coolgerb
11-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Thanks for listening to my suggestion, appreciated.

Edengoth
11-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Nessun problema! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Xenlecan
11-19-2009, 12:25 AM
My reasons for thinking it was an IV drip is that (Very mild spoiler here) later on in the game Desmond says something about his lack of sleep.
He doesn't seem to be hungry, though.

I took from this that time passes in the Animus, and he has needs just like everyone else.

I wonder...I wonder what they do with the poop.

kerkain
11-19-2009, 09:52 AM
What I got from it was this. The old animus required that glass window sliding in front of him in order to get connected into the deep mind. This new animus did NOT have one. So the needle she poked him with was probably a DNA sort of component to get the same effect. Which is probably why she said it was more innovative then the first one.

Xenlecan
11-19-2009, 04:35 PM
I don't think so. When he first gets into the animus, you see shadows on the top and bottom opening and closing like blinking. I think the imaging is all in his head.

Furthermore, I think it was the same with the original animus. Whenever he got on, he always closed his eyes.

Edengoth
11-19-2009, 06:11 PM
I think you're right that Baby is more internal, but in the first Animus, he may have closed his eyes as the window came over, but he obviously opened them again because that Animus had a visual menu and you could see the ceiling behind it.

Xenlecan
11-20-2009, 10:08 AM
That's a good point, and a quick double-click on Altair's head on my desktop (Bought AC1 for five bucks on Steam) confirmed it.