PDA

View Full Version : No MP Trophies/Achievements plz?

Sparty2020
07-29-2011, 10:56 AM
I don't know why devs keep putting multiplayer trophies and achievements in their games when the fanbase continously tells them not to. This usually results in two things: a-holes who run around the game doing the exact same thing hoping to get the trophy for it (like a teammate who stays in a haybale for Needle in a Haystack) and ruins the game for everyone and people who spent hours in the single player game to get 100% completion in everything still being denied their Platinum or 1000/1000 because their online connection is not fast enough to support multiplayer.

I don't understand why Ubi felt the need to include MP trophies in Brotherhood despite alot of people here crying foul, but I hope that they'll at least have the sense not to include them in Revelations. They should do what CoD4 did and have trophies for only singleplayer and fun, resettable, skill challenges for multiplayer. Anything more and the devs risk having achievement-*****s ruin a multiplayer match for everyone.

The AC series is one of the few singleplayer centered games this generation and the singleplayer should remain at the forefront with the multplayer being a fun option for those (like me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif) who just want to sit back and enjoy a thinking-mans multiplayer without some kids announcing their presence hoping that they'll be chased in order to get Abstergo Employee of the Month

DavisP92
07-29-2011, 11:21 AM
i can understand why Ubisoft did the MP trophies and achievements, but i'm with sparty here. i'm not into MP trophies, to me MP isn't that important.

LightRey
07-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Well although I'm not much of a MP guy, I still think they should have trophies/achievements for MP. It's to set some goals for the Players and such (besides the leveling system). Also, I don't really mind. I'm not much of an achievement hunter. They're only points after all.

DavisP92
07-29-2011, 12:06 PM
well that is true it does provide the goal for ppl that want to get the trophies but for those that love getting them but don't have a good connection then it must suck.

Nader-Abudiix
07-29-2011, 01:01 PM
yeah i agree MP trophies needs to go but looking at Ubisofts history with MP trophies i know they will put the same hard ones. just take a look at the recently reveled driver sanfransico trophies looks hard as hell

LightRey
07-29-2011, 01:18 PM
but they're just points. It's not like you're missing out on any content or anything.

InfectedNation
07-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
but they're just points. It's not like you're missing out on any content or anything.
Exactly.

OP, If people who do play multiplayer enjoy having goals to complete MP achievements, why spoil their fun? It's kinda selfish to want them gone, And I don't care much for people who play games just to play the campaign and get all the achievements.
In the end it's not gonna ruin your game experience, so why complain on the forums about it?

Mutley_Rulz
07-29-2011, 03:47 PM
I have too much support for this topic :O I dislike AC:B's multiplayer and will neverrrr play it enough to get to level 50.

LightRey
07-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Mutley_Rulz:
I have too much support for this topic :O I dislike AC:B's multiplayer and will neverrrr play it enough to get to level 50.
Why do you dislike the AC MP so much? I thought it was actually one of the best MP's I've ever played.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
07-29-2011, 04:37 PM
I like the multiplayer. It's a change from all the other MP games. For example, CoD. In CoD you just run around OR camp and try to get kills. No strategy needed. Maybe a little is needed but after a while it gets boring. AC MP keeps me entertained and is a challenge. Although i still do think it needed much more work done on it and better online servers, it has a really good MP.

masterfenix2009
07-29-2011, 06:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mutley_Rulz:
Why do you dislike the AC MP so much? I thought it was actually one of the best MP's I've ever played. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> THIS

Grazel69
07-29-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm a huge MP fan of ACB but couldn't care less about trophys and all that
but I still think it's normal there are MP trophys I mean they're part of the game right so there should be trophys for that part right?
What if someone only plays MP and no SP then why should there be SP trophys?
Because other people still play it and want some trophys
Trophys shouldn't be handed to you just like ow you logged on great here's a trophy(WTF) the MP ain't that bad yo if you don't play it you're not a true AC fan so you definitly shouldn't be rewarded with all the trophys

Azula2005
07-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Well i love MP it gives my a little something to do when i beat the game and get full synch ( 100% )

Well in my case i don't mind the trophies
i still need like 2 more till i get platinum

But i understand why you're not so happy..
let Ubisoft do as they please

and don't complain about mp to much

i'm sure all of us are going to get Acr because of the story not mp

i got Acb because i just wanted to finish up the story
adding Mp was like a bonus
Enjoy what ya got buddy

xCr0wnedNorris
07-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Don't like 'em? Don't go for 'em. Simple as that.

thedeadman_47
07-30-2011, 07:35 AM
i htink they should put mp throphies but easy it up a little i mean they where asking almost the what can't be done i got them all but most by chance

Turkiye96
07-30-2011, 07:50 AM
I agree that the Multiplayer aspect should not have achivements linked to getting 100% or the platinum trophy however i do think ''abstergo'' should give you tasks to complete that when completed you get a message from abstergo telling you stuff about abstergo... (your reward)

i liked the idea of multiplayer but i hated what it had done to the franchise! see what makes Assassin's creed so good is the mix of story with culture and history, and that was 1 of the main selling points to it! however as they focused on a multiplayer, they made the actual story of the game not as well defined...
im not saying Brotherhood was bad ( it was totally awesome) but it had a feeling that the premis for the story was lacking. In the end they made like 20 missions and repeated them along with simple things like sending you assassins to gain points ect. to expand the time needed to complete the game. however it is understandable as ACB was just gona be DLC from AC2. i hope with Revelations they will fix it ( although i doubt it...

multiplayer should have achievements but in no way connected to 100% or platinum trophies

LightRey
07-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Don't like 'em? Don't go for 'em. Simple as that.
That.

Animuses
07-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Grazel69:
What if someone only plays MP and no SP then why should there be SP trophys?

If someone only plays MP, then I would have to nicely ask them to never play AC again. It's a SP game with MP, not the other way around.

Anyways, I don't want MP trophies since I don't agree with MP trophies in general, but they are going to be there. I would rather the trophies be more simplistic, so people who prefer SP can get the Platinum trophy.

Azugo
07-30-2011, 01:59 PM
@OP"

I totally agree with absolutely everything you said.

The multiplayer brought a whole new croud to the series, and a croud I don't really like, to be honest.

The croud I speak of is the '12 year olds that spam into their mics whenever they get killed' croud. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

LightRey
07-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Azugo:
@OP"

The multiplayer brought a whole new croud to the series, and a croud I don't really like, to be honest.

The croud I speak of is the '12 year olds that spam into their mics whenever they get killed' croud. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
exactly how do you know those 12 year olds only started playing AC after it got MP?

Azugo
07-30-2011, 03:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:
@OP"

exactly how do you know those 12 year olds only started playing AC after it got MP? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm saying more 12 year olds began to play after multiplayer came.

Calvarok
07-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Easy MP trophies are fine. Just not too many.

Calvarok
07-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Azugo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:
@OP"

exactly how do you know those 12 year olds only started playing AC after it got MP? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm saying more 12 year olds began to play after multiplayer came. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Young people played regardless of multiplayer. It's just you didn't play WITH them. I find it funny that you assume that since you were not a young person when you played SP assassin's creed by yourself, you assume everyone who played was exactly like you. I was a little kid when I started playing Assassin's Creed, and I knew lots of little kids who liked it then. for the first game.

Azugo
07-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Young people played regardless of multiplayer. It's just you didn't play WITH them. I find it funny that you assume that since you were not a young person when you played SP assassin's creed by yourself, you assume everyone who played was exactly like you. I was a little kid when I started playing Assassin's Creed, and I knew lots of little kids who liked it then. for the first game.

Calm down.

I find it funny how you're assuming you know exactly what I'm thinking.

It's a well-known fact that there are a hell of a lot of 12 y/o kids sitting at their consoles and screaming into their mics, and also that multiplayer games attract these sorts of people simply because they're attracted to games with multiplayer.

That's all I'm saying.

LightRey
07-30-2011, 04:40 PM
well anyways, if you compare the amount of 12 year olds on AC MP to the amount of them on Halo MP it's as good as nothing, so I'd say they did a fine job at filtering them out.

swiftkinfe
07-30-2011, 11:40 PM
I could care less about Abstergo Employee of the month and Role model.Frankly I dont have enough patience to play multiplayer and being level 50 I'm done.I'm not a fan of multiplayer but I'll play it.However single player is always what will make Creed so good.

How about instead of removing them just make them less depend on the chance.

medcsu11
07-31-2011, 08:28 AM
Achievement Hunters cracks me up. It appears and seems to appear every single time MP achievements are brought up, that these "players" want the easiest ride to platinum possible for some stupid in game medal that means nothing.
Why would Ubisoft even consider this? There are some people (myself NOT included) that enjoy the MP, and the MP alone so why should they NOT have something to aim for because someone else finds MP to not be their cup of tea? It's selfish and reminds me of the same dorks that didn't want a difficulty setting for ACR because it may tarnish their chances of getting platinun. Bottom line is many people play this game. Some like SP, some like MP, some like both and none of which should not have a chance to earn achievement(s) for their respected desires.
Not adding a difficulty enhancement for those who dont suck, and not adding MP trophies for those who dont like MP is simply a selfish desire by those who want to spend the bare minimum of time to earn a platinum.

Let me help those who do not seem apt with what the word actually means:
a·chieve·ment (-chvmnt)
n.
1. The act of accomplishing or finishing.
2. Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance.

See what I am saying now? Skill...practice....perseverance? Have these things and you will have your cheevo's. Asking for (as I see it) an easy way out just makes you a p-y.