PDA

View Full Version : Altair and Ezio not related!?

kriegerdesgottes
07-21-2011, 03:14 PM
http://kotaku.com/5823431/what...-was-partially-wrong (http://kotaku.com/5823431/what-i-thought-i-knew-about-assassins-creed-revelations-was-partially-wrong)

I don't know if you guys have seen this but the first part of this concerns me greatly since it makes no sense. If the two of them are *spoilers* apparently not related then how could it be that Altair's descendants built the house in Montergionni and went on to become auditores? I just feel like this is wrong. Also They look exactly the same. It makes no sense that they would not be related.

Animuses
07-21-2011, 03:16 PM
This article was already covered.

ThaWhistle
07-21-2011, 03:26 PM
theres already an existing thread for this. But this probably just means ACR involves Ezio goin a courtin with one of Altair's freakishly hot great-grandaughters with a really hot accent.

rileypoole1234
07-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Its a mothers side and fathers side type of thing. It makes sense if you think "Altair is on Desmonds mothers side and Ezio is on Desmonds fathers side." Though it could be the other way around.

dchil279
07-23-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
http://kotaku.com/5823431/what...-was-partially-wrong (http://kotaku.com/5823431/what-i-thought-i-knew-about-assassins-creed-revelations-was-partially-wrong)

I don't know if you guys have seen this but the first part of this concerns me greatly since it makes no sense. If the two of them are *spoilers* apparently not related then how could it be that Altair's descendants built the house in Montergionni and went on to become auditores? I just feel like this is wrong. Also They look exactly the same. It makes no sense that they would not be related.
It never states in the Auditore crypt that they are descended from Altair. I just read it over and nowhere does it even hint to that.

Smegger_56
11-26-2011, 07:29 PM
But the eagle vision... isn't that meant to be a unique ability? Surely if Ezio has it, then he and Altair are related?

Unless, both men are descendent from those who came before and their bloodlines merge to create Desmond. In that case, neither man really had a choice who they could fall in love with.

indoblaze
11-26-2011, 08:34 PM
No, Ezio is a direct descendant of Altair, and Desmond is a direct of both, since they all have Eagle Vision. We know that Altair had 2 sons, Darim and Sef, and we know that Sef definitely had children (unsure about Darim). So Ezio is a descendant of both Altair and Sef. The relation could be on any side of the family, but it is most likely his dad's side, since Giovanni Auditore was an Assassin, but Maria Auditore wasn't. Ezio could be connected through Altair through his grandmother, great-grandma, great-great grandma, etc., which would account for the difference in ethnic background. Ezio had a son, Marcello, and a daughter Flavia, but through the same principle in which I just used to establish the relation between Ezio & Altair/Sef, it can be said that Desmond is a direct descendant of Ezio through either of his children. After all, the sons could always have daughters, meaning that the last name of the children would be different than that of the grandfather.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

To anyone who actually reads this whole rant, I'm sorry for any confusion I may have caused you.

kalo.yanis
11-26-2011, 08:57 PM
It has been confirmed that Ezio and Altair are not related, which isn't unreasonable at all. Of course, for them both to have eagle vision must mean that they both have some TWCB heritage, as mentioned.

Any further discussion is pointless, as this matter has been explained to death.

Smegger_56
11-27-2011, 03:27 AM
I was thinking about this. Adam and Eve where together and produced offspring. Brothers or sisters or both? And they went off and split the bloodline. So, though Altair and Ezio may not be directly related, they both share a common ancestry. And then the bloodline comes full circle with Desmond?

eagleforlife1
11-27-2011, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by hitrho5:
No, Ezio is a direct descendant of Altair, and Desmond is a direct of both, since they all have Eagle Vision. We know that Altair had 2 sons, Darim and Sef, and we know that Sef definitely had children (unsure about Darim). So Ezio is a descendant of both Altair and Sef. The relation could be on any side of the family, but it is most likely his dad's side, since Giovanni Auditore was an Assassin, but Maria Auditore wasn't. Ezio could be connected through Altair through his grandmother, great-grandma, great-great grandma, etc., which would account for the difference in ethnic background. Ezio had a son, Marcello, and a daughter Flavia, but through the same principle in which I just used to establish the relation between Ezio & Altair/Sef, it can be said that Desmond is a direct descendant of Ezio through either of his children. After all, the sons could always have daughters, meaning that the last name of the children would be different than that of the grandfather.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

To anyone who actually reads this whole rant, I'm sorry for any confusion I may have caused you.

It's been confirmed many times by many Ubisoft employees that Altair and Ezio are not related.

pacmanate
11-27-2011, 04:40 AM
Altairs sons great great great great great grandson could of reproduced with ezios daughters, daughter

scope2005
11-27-2011, 05:13 AM
The OP is correct that it makes no sense. Desmond, Altair and Ezio are identical - even down to the Scar. This was never supposed to be a coincidence.

Its quite obvious that they WERE supposed to be related all along, and the story has only just been recently "retconned" by Darby McDevitt to support the new story mechanic that desmond is related to countless assassin bloodlines.

This basically allows for the writers to make up ancestors for desmond in pretty much any past Era of human history to milk the AC franchise - at the cost of throwing out the previous story which just happened to make perfect sense of course...

But yeah - the actual "Cannon" explanation is that somewhere along the line Altair's descendants and Ezio's Descendants reproduced making the bloodline which desmond comes from.

They will probably just explain that in reality Ezio and Altair DIDN'T look like Desmond at all - but due to the Animus' Avatar puppeteering system it gives the ancestor the users face or some such rubbish!

LightRey
11-27-2011, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by pacmanate:
Altairs sons great great great great great grandson could of reproduced with ezios daughters, daughter
or any other descendant of Ezio that is an ancestor of Desmond.

Smegger_56
11-27-2011, 05:29 AM
When did they say that Ezio and Altair weren't related? Has this always been the case?

Have there been clues or hints in the games that I've missed?

Or is this just a case of new writers and creative directors coming in and doing a retcon?

LightRey
11-27-2011, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Smegger_56:
When did they say that Ezio and Altair weren't related? Has this always been the case?

Have there been clues or hints in the games that I've missed?

Or is this just a case of new writers and creative directors coming in and doing a retcon?
They released it quite a few weeks ago and it's most certainly not a retcon.

Smegger_56
11-27-2011, 05:45 AM
But how long has this been the case? Since the inception of Ezio or just 'quite recently'?

LightRey
11-27-2011, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Smegger_56:
But how long has this been the case? Since the inception of Ezio or just 'quite recently'?
Most likely from the very beginning. They even avoided having Mario call Alta´r an ancestor and instead had him refer to him as "an assassin like us". That indicates that they planned it to be that way from the start and I don't see any reason for them not to since it was never a major plot element to begin with, which is why they decided to release it in the first place.

RzaRecta357
11-27-2011, 08:22 AM
They just assumed we'd figure it out and just recently had to mention it. They've always had it planned out.

The faces, while they disappoint me is just the animus. The newest version actually shows their faces this time.

In real life, it's so we can have a woman assassin if they want.

All I know is the next one better get the lip scar at least.

So to make it KIND of easier to understand.

Pretend Altair and Maria had kids and kids and kids. Well down that line sometime passed Ezios time..

Someone related to Altair (We'll just say Desmonds dad) is at a bar and meets a woman (Ezios Descendant.)

THey get it on and have a kid. Boom. Now Desmond can see both...but the ancestors aren't related AT ALL.

Get it?

Assassin_M
11-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Altair and Ezio arent related, end of story..
Darim and Sef`s widow Immigrated to Egypt in 1257, the Auditores were present in Venice during that time, so no, they CANT be related..

AdmiralPerry
11-27-2011, 11:53 AM
NOT related. End of story. Get over it, it's not a big deal. If anything, I think it stresses the importance of the three Assassins even more than if they had all been directly related. I, too, assumed they were related by blood, but there was never actually anything mentioned anywhere that said they were. My headcanon said they were, but actual canon says they aren't. Besides, from what I understood from the Auditore family crypt in AC2, the Auditore are descendants of a sailor whose father worked for Marco Polo and, later, Dante Alighieri. Before Domenico (Ezio's great-great-grandfather) took the name Auditore, though, we don't know what his original family name was.

EDIT: BTW, pretty certain Darim had children. One of the Mediterranean Defense missions in Alexandria (where Darim fled after leaving Masyaf) has Ezio sending Assassins to rescue Iskender, specifically mentioned as a Mentor of the Assassins AND a descendant of Altair.

LightRey
11-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:
NOT related. End of story. Get over it, it's not a big deal. If anything, I think it stresses the importance of the three Assassins even more than if they had all been directly related. I, too, assumed they were related by blood, but there was never actually anything mentioned anywhere that said they were. My headcanon said they were, but actual canon says they aren't. Besides, from what I understood from the Auditore family crypt in AC2, the Auditore are descendants of a sailor whose father worked for Marco Polo and, later, Dante Alighieri. Before Domenico (Ezio's great-great-grandfather) took the name Auditore, though, we don't know what his original family name was.

EDIT: BTW, pretty certain Darim had children. One of the Mediterranean Defense missions in Alexandria (where Darim fled after leaving Masyaf) has Ezio sending Assassins to rescue Iskender, specifically mentioned as a Mentor of the Assassins AND a descendant of Altair.
Could be a descendant of Sef. Sef had children.

kriegerdesgottes
11-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Ugh I made this thread way back in July when it was first announced and I shouldn't have made it back then. Can we let this one die already?

Kaena2012
11-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Actually not really sadly.
Altair and Ezio are both Ancestors of Desmond but i just finished reading the encyclopedia and it states when Ezio retains the second key well i forget the exact words but basically says Altair was an Ancestor of Ezio. So this all seems contradictory

Assassin_M
11-28-2011, 01:15 AM
DIE !!! DIE !! PLEASE DIE !!!

WHY WONT YOU DIE !!!!

LightRey
11-28-2011, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Kaena2012:
Actually not really sadly.
Altair and Ezio are both Ancestors of Desmond but i just finished reading the encyclopedia and it states when Ezio retains the second key well i forget the exact words but basically says Altair was an Ancestor of Ezio. So this all seems contradictory
It was a mistake printed on (some of) the NA game boxes. Said mistake was removed from the game boxes for EU and AU. Now let the thread die.

Schmagelborfer
11-28-2011, 04:05 AM
i think everyone's getting into too much detail about a video game's story so the devs said they're not related to shut everyone up about it or to create a stir to keep people waiting for AC3. i think it's the latter because people are still trying to debate this

LightRey
11-28-2011, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by Schmagelborfer:
i think everyone's getting into too much detail about a video game's story so the devs said they're not related to shut everyone up about it or to create a stir to keep people waiting for AC3. i think it's the latter because people are still trying to debate this
That could have been the case (though it'd still have been incredibly unlikely) were it not that this info was released before ACR was released. Now let this thread die instead of posting ridiculous theories.

Schmagelborfer
11-28-2011, 04:32 AM
i just realized, this would be a funny hitler downfall parody: hitler finds out Altair and Ezio are not related

surely most of you know what i'm talking about

LightRey
11-28-2011, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Schmagelborfer:
i just realized, this would be a funny hitler downfall parody: hitler finds out Altair and Ezio are not related

surely most of you know what i'm talking about
xD
"Nein! Nein! Nein!"

jbahr11
11-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Has anyone realized that the back cover of ACR states that Altair and Ezio are directly related, and yet the Devs have said repeatedly that they aren't related?

Assassin_M
11-28-2011, 11:39 AM
DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE !!!!!!