PDA

View Full Version : How to disable mouse acceleration?

carterhawk
05-29-2011, 10:11 PM
I am have a lot of trouble with the mouse acceleration on this game. How do I disable this?

KingDaniel0
05-30-2011, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by carterhawk:
I am have a lot of trouble with the mouse acceleration on this game. How do I disable this?

Have you first tried disabling Vertical Sync/VSYNC at the in-game Options ? Which Mouse Model do you actually have ?

You can also try to reduce some of the acceleration, when you play AC or Brotherhood, by Disabling Enhance Pointer Precision option. Go to Windows Control Panel---->Mouse, and under the 'Pointer Options', uncheck and deselect the 'Enhance pointer precision' value.

Also go to Control Panel---> Ease of Access---->Ease of Access Center, and click on ‘Set up Mouse Keys’, and Change the acceleration accordingly. When you are done playing AC:B, you can reset all the above Mouse settings to default.

There is also a Registry hack and fix for Windows 7 and XP OS, but it may or may not work with all Mouse Models. And BTW, some Gamers are not facing any kind of Mouse issue while playing Brotherhood, as told by them ?

-------------------------------------------------------------

carterhawk
05-30-2011, 03:14 AM
My only concern with meddling with windows settings, is that AC:B is the *only* game I play with this kind of weirdness. It reeks of console-port-itis.

KingDaniel0
05-30-2011, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by carterhawk:
My only concern with meddling with windows settings, is that AC:B is the *only* game I play with this kind of weirdness. It reeks of console-port-itis.

Yes, I know that. I was just giving a suggestion.

Btw, did you try the above Control Panel settings ? Does it reduce some kind of Mouse acceleration, when you play Brotherhood ?

-------------------------------------------------------

zeepsound
05-31-2011, 04:38 PM
If there is ONE thing i'd like to see changed in AC 2 and ACB it's the HORRIBLE mouse acceleration.

I love these games and enjoy to play them but the enforced mouse acceleration is awful, irritating and lazy porting/coding for pc versions.