PDA

View Full Version : History channel game Battle of Britain

RaiderSix
02-26-2004, 07:30 PM
History Channel: Battle of Britain
Anybody have this game? I've seen it at Wal-Mart and Best Buy and almost bought it just because ($20). I don't expect it to come near the realism of Forgotten Battles, but it might be nice to mess with till the real Battle of Britain comes out.

RaiderSix
02-26-2004, 07:30 PM
History Channel: Battle of Britain
Anybody have this game? I've seen it at Wal-Mart and Best Buy and almost bought it just because ($20). I don't expect it to come near the realism of Forgotten Battles, but it might be nice to mess with till the real Battle of Britain comes out.

noshens
02-26-2004, 07:39 PM
Be warned you might get tired of Bob by the time it comes out!

tsisqua
02-26-2004, 10:27 PM
History Channel BoB IS a good game . . . as long as you do NOT expect it to be FB.For $20 you won't find a better buy. Lots of planes in the air at a time. Lots of action. Graphics are not FB quality, but I really have enjoyed this game. You won't go wrong as laong as (did I mention this?) you do NOT expect it to be FB.

Tsisqua

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/tsisqua-nedChristie.jpg
Tsalagi Asgaya Galvladi

tttiger
02-27-2004, 01:30 AM
It's from the folks who make WarBirds. It won't be as good as IL-2/FB but it won't be awful either, is my guess. I wouldn't be interested in the online aspect. I got burned out on massively multiplayers after a few years in WarBirds and moved on. But the offline stuff may be good. If I happen to see it, I'll probably grab a copy and try it. They advertise it's very easy to learn, so it may be a bit on the arcade side. But the graphics and flight models probably are pretty good. WarBirds has excellent flight models.

ttt

"I want the one that kills the best with the least amount of risk to me"

-- Chuck Yeager describing "The Best Airplane."