PDA

View Full Version : Aquilius..... questions for those who have read it

Radman500
09-09-2011, 02:52 PM
as some of you know.... there is a assasisns creed graphic novel, in french called "aquillius" there are 2 novels... the first issue is considered non-canon... but the second one as confirmed by ubisoft, canon and part of the assassins creed universe

THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS.... so if you havn't read the novel, and want, do not continue with this thread..

now

- Aquilius is another Ancestor of Desmond, he is a roman assassin.. since we know now that ezio and altair are not directly related... as alot of people thought ezio was a direct descendant of altair, even though he was not.... could this mean, since Aquilius is roman, that Ezio is a direct descendant of Aquillius... it would make sense..

- the story takes place between the end of AC2 and before brotherhood.. while there in the van, desmond decides to go visit the memories of Aquilius, have they ever mentioned why lucy, shaun, rebecca wanted Desmond to go revisit the memories of Aquilius..... or is just sort of a random, "what other ancestors do i have that are assassins" thing.. desmond wanted to do

Radman500
09-09-2011, 02:58 PM
AQUILIUS AND THE SECOND ISSUE ARE CONSIDERED CANON

AQUILIUS IS IN THE ENCYCLOPEDIA CONFIRMINING HIS CANON

rob.davies2014
09-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Actually, that's not right. On UbiWorkshop, the Encyclopaedia producer said:

"The french graphic novel is not canon on many aspects.

We kept everything that was canon from the french graphic novel and included it into the encyclopedia but excluded everything else.

In other words, the encyclopedia is canon."

One of the main contradictions is that Subject 16 is alive in the Graphic Novel but in actual fact he's dead.

kriegerdesgottes
09-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by RussellSparrow:
Actually, that's not right. On UbiWorkshop, the Encyclopaedia producer said:

"The french graphic novel is not canon on many aspects.

We kept everything that was canon from the french graphic novel and included it into the encyclopedia but excluded everything else.

In other words, the encyclopedia is canon."

One of the main contradictions is that Subject 16 is alive in the Graphic Novel but in actual fact he's dead.

This.

swiftkinfe
09-10-2011, 04:02 PM
The encyclopedia has some aspects of Aquilus cannon.Not everything but certain sections. As an ancestor of Desmond it would make sense for him to be an ancestor of Ezio due to the location. But I'm holding all thoughts on him until I read the encyclopedia. For sure though he is the first page I'm reading.

GameFreak65
09-11-2011, 08:21 AM
WTH does CANON mean??? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

swiftkinfe
09-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Apart of plot my good sir

Abeonis
09-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by GameFreak65:
WTH does CANON mean??? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Canon is a definition of what is "true" with regards to a continuity, whereas non-canon means something did not happen. For example, it is considered canon that Desmond and Lucy travelled from the Abstergo facility to an Assassin hideout; on the otherhand, the appearance of Subject 16 (AKA Michael) in the Aquilius tome is non-canon, and did not happen.

eagleforlife1
09-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by GameFreak65:

Why are using the rolleyes icon because the majority of people know what the word canon is? It doesn't make them weird lol.

KuldarYldrad
09-12-2011, 03:40 AM
- the story takes place between the end of AC2 and before brotherhood.. while there in the van, desmond decides to go visit the memories of Aquilius, have they ever mentioned why lucy, shaun, rebecca wanted Desmond to go revisit the memories of Aquilius..... or is just sort of a random, "what other ancestors do i have that are assassins" thing.. desmond wanted to do When revisiting the memories of Aquilus, they learn about an other P.o.E: an Ankh cross that can ressurect dead people fro a few moment. I think it's why in the fisrt issue Abstergo try this ancestor before Alta´r.
Btw, i don't think this P.O.E will be canon.

And this graphic novel is pretty bad.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GameFreak65:

Why are using the rolleyes icon because the majority of people know what the word canon is? It doesn't make them weird lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I took it as being reletive to the term becoming a bit of a fad. At first, no one really seemed to use it. Then it came up a couple times. Next thing you know, the word is turning up in every other posts. It just shows that either few people on the internet can think for themselves, or that few are capable of articulating on their own. But that's just my opinion.

itsamea-mario
09-12-2011, 10:00 AM
What word would you have them use, mr word hipster.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Personally, it really doesn't matter to me. All I was doing was speculating on what GameFreak said. My point was, people seem to be converging on a single type of phrasing, which in my mind makes the masses look ignorant, and incapable of forming a unique though.

itsamea-mario
09-12-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm going to stop calling my home a 'house' because too many people call it that.

There is a very good reason words are widely used.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
I'm going to stop calling my home a 'house' because too many people call it that.

There is a very good reason words are widely used.

It's not about a particular word, it's about a particular phrase. All I ask is that you watch, and count, how many times the following two phrases come up:

1)[INSER SUBJECT] is canon [INSERT REASON]
2)[INSERT SUBJECT] isn't canon [INSERT REASON]

Now, with the various subjects, and reasoning, the phrases will obviously be different. However, my complaint isn't with the word itself, but with the identical phrasing that people use. As I said before, I don't believe that the mass majority of people can be relied upon to be original.

AntiChrist7
09-13-2011, 02:52 AM
from what i've read on the wikia, the first book isnt canon (cause 16 is alive), but the second is.

ive read also about an ambush and a traitor, anyone who has read the books wanna share that?

KuldarYldrad
09-13-2011, 09:53 AM
ive read also about an ambush and a traitor, anyone who has read the books wanna share that? The second book take place between AC 2 and AC:B. So it's the travel to Monteregionni. We have Shaun, Rebecca, Lucy, Desmond, the conductor of the van (I don't remember his name) and Dr Geier.

First you have to know that the second book start with Desmond as a young boy with his father. His father is hunting with an eagle. Then we see some vultures with the eagle and Desmond's father say: Remember, eagles are not afraid of vultures but they distrust them.

Back to the "present". During the travel some agents from abstergo ambush the van. There is a gunfight. The conductor is killed. After the death of all Abstergo's agents, our assassin's team try to find a GPS ship or anything else explaining how Abstergo have been able to make this ambush.

In the fisrt book, Aquilus is backstabbed by a roman general and left for dead.He was here to kill the general and someone betrayed him.

During the animus session, Aquilus come back to his home in Ludgdunum (old name of Lyon in France) and find his father. Vultur a friend of his father is present. They eat together.
After the dinner, Aquilus gives to his father the Ankh cross. His father reveal to Aquilus the power of this P.o.E.
Aquilus go away to find the traitor responsible of the backstab in the first book.
When he come back, his father is dead, murdered. Aquilus asked a dying servent who only say: "Eagles are not afraid of vultures but now they have to distrust them".
Then he try to find the P.o.E but it's not in his father's chest and Vultur is missing.

Just at this moment, the animus session is stopped and Desmond ask Lucy what Vultur mean in latin. When Lucy anwser that it's mean vulture (in french it's less obvious), Desmond say that he know how Abstergo find them.

Everyone is together, waiting for Desmond's revelation.
He take a gun and shoot in the knee of Dr. Geier. Then he explaind that Alta´r, Ezio and Aquilus mean Eagle in different languages. That his familly's emblem have always been the eagle and that he remember this sentence from his father: "eagles are not afraid of vultures but they distrust them". The he take a cell-phone of an Abstergo agent and call the last number. Dr Geier's cell-phone ring and Desmond shoot in the head of Dr. Geier saying "geier is the german word for vulture".

P.S: Sorry for my english :-\

AntiChrist7
09-13-2011, 10:44 AM
thanks, your english is fine, it was very understandable

Poodle_of_Doom
09-13-2011, 11:51 AM
I've never read the books, so hearing about the stories is actually pretty cool.