PDA

View Full Version : recognition manual

ltforce
04-20-2005, 11:47 PM
in the beta videos that came out when the game wasnt released yet where a u boat goes and sinks either a revenge class BB ro a king george V, when its using the recognition manual u see somthing pop up on the hull of the ship showing 3 places it could aim the magazine, engine room and the feul tanks, how do i get this to work??? done 17 patrols starting from the beggining and cant seem to make it work.....

Rnilss
04-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Well you have to be at an angle of 90 degrees to your target. Then you will get the target "boxes" in your recognition manual.
Press on one of the boxes, and thats where the fish will swim to. Good hunting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RedTerex
04-21-2005, 12:44 AM
Rnilss post is quite correct.
I do understand however that you must be within something like a 1000 metres for this aquisition to work.

I did it once but LOL have forgot the optimum range for a successful hit on a certain area...try to get as close as possible anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Johnny_JG2
04-21-2005, 03:59 AM
The targetting system works like this:

First, you gotta be within 1000M of your target. Second, you need to be close to 90degrees AOB. Third, you need to have your scope locked on the target, and have your recog manual open.

If you satisfy these conditions, the target locations show up when the gyro angle of your torpedo is between 345-015 degrees. Once the boxes show up, click on one of them and your torp will target that location- based on if you have your scope locked on the target's center.

Make sure you set your torpedo to Impact and set the speed before targetting like this, because I think I remember trying to change the settings after I did the auto target, and it didn't let me.

One thing to note, is that it will constantly change the depth of the torpedo based on where the current ship is riding in the water at the present time. So, as the target ship goes up and down in the swells, your torpedo run depth will change with it.

After targetting, if you jump to the TDC screen you can watch the run depth needle go up and down. What this means is that a small ship riding in rough seas can cause the run depth to be too shallow or too deep at the time of shooting- so be careful doing this on smaller ships in big waves. Bigger ships like C2 and above this doesn't matter too much.

Take the time to get set-up around 500meters or so and just shoot one torpedo at the fuel tank of ANY ship with impact and I use fast speed. Even the mighty C2 cracks in half with one shot to the fuel tank. The closer you are, the more likely you are to kill your target in one shot - auto-TDC or not- you need to be close to ensure accurate placement of your shots.

Johnny_JG2
04-21-2005, 04:22 AM
Oh yeah- a couple more things to note about the targetting system.

If you auto-target two successive ships of the same type, you need to hit "SHIP:" again to bring up the same ship again in the recog manual otherwise the auto-target won't become active again. At least, I'm 75% sure of this. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif seems like it works like that, though.

When you lose your "lock" on a target ship after you have auto targetted him, you will lose your targeting info, so you have to hit the target box again once you lock back on the ship. This becomes sort of an issue sometimes because you will usually be fairly close to your target ship, and so you need to keep your scope just barely above the water in order to not be detected. In rough sea, swells will bury your scope and cause you to lose your lock several times. Not too big of a deal- but something to keep an eye on.

It's always best to use auto-target only on ships that aren't turning or trying to dodge you. If they are, I wouldn't bother with the auto-target. Because of this, I came up with a good method for hitting 2 ships with auto target at the same time in a convoy.

I get about 325 yards from a line in a convoy, then target a big ship in the next line up- which puts it at 925 yards from me (600 yards between convoy lines). I first fire a torp set to fast at the far ship, then wait 20seconds, and fire a second auto-targetted one at the ship in the line closest to me set to slow speed. The two torpedos hit within seconds of each other and that usually equals two kills right away. After that, I go for 2 magnetic shots under the keels of two more big ships that are now turning and evading.

Dominicrigg
04-21-2005, 04:31 AM
Does this work with manual targeting? Or only on auto.

I have tried many times on manual and cant get it to work, im guessing it doesnt.

Johnny_JG2
04-21-2005, 04:36 AM
No I don't think it does- someone stated that before I think.

russian_crazy
04-21-2005, 01:20 PM
And with modified recon. manual it doesn't work also? You know, the one with colored boxes?

quillan
04-21-2005, 02:26 PM
The ability to click on the vulnerable area and have the torpedo track in on it only works in Auto-TDC mode, but I thought the locations would show up on manual? Personally, I've never been able to get them to come up on warships, but they show up all the time on merchants. I am using Auto-TDC, so I can't say for sure about manual settings. I'll let you know in a month or so, when I finish taking the learning career through the whole war and start over with manual targeting. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Johnny_JG2
04-21-2005, 05:07 PM
You don't need a modified reconignition manual. This works for all ships- both warships and merchants.

microamp
04-21-2005, 08:54 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=857101043&m=4831001803&r=4571012803#4571012803

See if this helps any on trying to figure it out.