PDA

View Full Version : How will the Assassin's recruits be used in AC Revelations?

KrYpToNiC95
07-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Besides the ranks and customization how will they be used. In the E3 demo it was mentioned that Yusuf would send the assassin's in missions to help you out. Personally I would prefer if this feature was removed because we are more inclined to use the Assassin's in missions which make them ridiculously easy. Is there any information that I have missed regarding the recruits? If not what are your ideas on the frequency of their use during game play.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, I have not been active lately.

CRUDFACE
07-18-2011, 07:48 AM
hmm, like:

-Fight to protect the dens which you can help out with if you've got the time
-the ceremony to become a master assassin involves them going on a specific challenge or something
-You get missions from them this time around
-customization more intense

...lol, that's all I got

ShaneO7K
07-18-2011, 08:17 AM
It kind of made sense for them to be used in that demo though, as Ezio was trying to escape through the guarded port. They made for a great distraction so that he could escape, they basically just saved a lot of time.

I don't have a real problem with using them in SOME missions, but there will probabley be missions where we can't use them like in Masyaf or the underground templar city.

I just can't wait to see them with more personality and so on.

albertwesker22
07-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
It kind of made sense for them to be used in that demo though, as Ezio was trying to escape through the guarded port. They made for a great distraction so that he could escape, they basically just saved a lot of time.

I don't have a real problem with using them in SOME missions, but there will probabley be missions where we can't use them like in Masyaf or the underground templar city.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ubi does another U-turn and we get little to no customisation.

FiskMunk
07-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
I wouldn't be surprised if Ubi does another U-turn and we get little to no customisation.

What's so wrong with the lot of them having identical appearances and personalities? Oh wait...

CRUDFACE
07-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

I wouldn't be surprised if Ubi does another U-turn and we get little to no customisation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's a little unrelated, but that was like in ACB when they had Ezio chain killing and the narrator said he learned the moves later on...liar. Or that those damn horses were any different than the other.

twenty_glyphs
07-18-2011, 02:17 PM
The horses were different. Each different kind was unbearably slower than the kind before. Especially the cool-looking warhorse you got from guards -- that was the slowest one of all. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ThaWhistle
07-18-2011, 08:32 PM
They can be used to deliver Pizzas, as the Assassins are actually the antecendants of Little Caesar's. Ezio founded the pizza chain as an homage to their Roman base, and as a cover. Because lets face it, those spiffy white, never dirty clothes ain't cheap.

LightRey
07-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
The horses were different. Each different kind was unbearably slower than the kind before. Especially the cool-looking warhorse you got from guards -- that was the slowest one of all. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
there were only 2 kinds. One kind at the very least appeared to be slower than the other, but this remains unconfirmed as far as I know. Any other variations based on speed or movement are your mind playing tricks on you.

blazefp
07-19-2011, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
there were only 2 kinds. One kind at the very least appeared to be slower than the other, but this remains unconfirmed as far as I know. Any other variations based on speed or movement are your mind playing tricks on you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually there are 3 kinds. The slowest kind is heavy armored and used by guards and are also the horses you can find in the stables. The normal kind are some horses of the citizens and the medium armored horses from the guards. There's one kind that's faster than the others but it's rare and it can only be found in some missions like a romulus lair mission in which you use a horse (I don't know the name of the mission but I believe it's the only one where you use a horse). Even without using gallop button, the horse is faster than the others. After you complete that mission, you get the horse for yourself. I've already proved this kind is faster by running side by side with La Volpe (he uses the medium fast horse). I had to wait for him sometimes.

reini03
07-19-2011, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
there were only 2 kinds. One kind at the very least appeared to be slower than the other, but this remains unconfirmed as far as I know. Any other variations based on speed or movement are your mind playing tricks on you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually there are 3 kinds. The slowest kind is heavy armored and used by guards and are also the horses you can find in the stables. The normal kind are some horses of the citizens and the medium armored horses from the guards. There's one kind that's faster than the others but it's rare and it can only be found in some missions like a romulus lair mission in which you use a horse (I don't know the name of the mission but I believe it's the only one where you use a horse). Even without using gallop button, the horse is faster than the others. After you complete that mission, you get the horse for yourself. I've already proved this kind is faster by running side by side with La Volpe (he uses the medium fast horse). I had to wait for him sometimes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. Plus the heavy armored horses cannot jump over the broken aqueducts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
07-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Actually there are 3 kinds. The slowest kind is heavy armored and used by guards and are also the horses you can find in the stables. The normal kind are some horses of the citizens and the medium armored horses from the guards. There's one kind that's faster than the others but it's rare and it can only be found in some missions like a romulus lair mission in which you use a horse (I don't know the name of the mission but I believe it's the only one where you use a horse). Even without using gallop button, the horse is faster than the others. After you complete that mission, you get the horse for yourself. I've already proved this kind is faster by running side by side with La Volpe (he uses the medium fast horse). I had to wait for him sometimes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. Plus the heavy armored horses cannot jump over the broken aqueducts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
you mean broken bridges. horses can't get on top of the aqueducts. There are some (I believe there's 2) broken bridges that can only be jumped with a horse. I didn't know you couldn't jump those with the armored horses though, but I rarely used those anyways, so I just thought they were like the slow horses. They at least moved similarly. Too bad, I loved how they looked.
I didn't know you could actually get those fast horses though. Is it that you can call them after you've used them in the Romulus lair? I should try that out (I should be done replaying ACII in 2 days or so, I'll start replaying ACB then).

dchil279
07-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
nah there were 3: war horse, horse with some cargo & saddle, horse with only saddle.