PDA

View Full Version : Lock on harassing guards -> spotted

cmkoehler
11-16-2007, 08:43 AM
It's odd, I choose the hidden blade, lock on to one of the guards that is harassing a civilian, but as soon as I push L1 my indicator goes red and they are all alerted. I can do all that without lock and stealth assassinate him, but as soon as I lock they all know.
Am I going into fight mode? Is that supposed to be that way with the hidden blade?

Raide
11-16-2007, 08:54 AM
When it comes to the saving innocent people I tend to lock on at the very last second. Walk up to the guard you want to get first (Get the hidden blade read) and as soon as you press the Lock on, press the assassinate button. They have no time to react and you get the first fancy stabs http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Takes a while to get the timing right but it can be done. It comes in handy if you have one of the harder guards standing close too.

Raide
UK Forum Manager

cmkoehler
11-16-2007, 08:56 AM
Yeah I like taking out the tougher looking guards first.
It just seems that lock should be for gameplay only, for me to lock on to them, instead of making everyone go haywire.
Good tip though!

Pandoraa
11-16-2007, 08:56 AM
I would like to know how to jump from a high place at them....I always end up hanging from the ledge and have to just drop down.

Sinful_Groove
11-16-2007, 09:00 AM
I find it best to not lock on at all at first

Go up to one with hidden blade (walk)- stab him
if your lucky they wont even notice, and you can kill one more guard before they start to attack you..

then lock on

cmkoehler
11-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Faithfulx:
I find it best to not lock on at all at first

Go up to one with hidden blade (walk)- stab him
if your lucky they wont even notice, and you can kill one more guard before they start to attack you..

then lock on

Yeah that's what I do now and it works well. Just thinking I shouldn't go into combat mode or alert everyone when I lock on to someone with the hidden blade. But yeah, just a minor thing.

dr.dennis
11-16-2007, 09:09 AM
My favourite is grabbing the least tough-looking one and throw him into one of the guys harassing the innocent person and then whip out the short blade and (not the sword but the long knife) kill the toughest looking one.. I usually manage to kill him before the other 2 can get up and stab me in the back http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif after that it's a cake walk.