PDA

View Full Version : screw anyone that doesnt want a new AC every year

Grandmaster_Z
12-10-2010, 07:25 AM
I'm already ready for the next one!!!! I can't wait.

Murcuseo
12-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Any reason your opinion needed it's own thread?

Grandmaster_Z
12-10-2010, 07:38 AM
quiet noob

Murcuseo
12-10-2010, 07:44 AM
That's about the exact response I was expecting. lol.

Anyone that titles a thread like that and responds in the way you just did obviously has dillusions of grandure.

Try acting like a grown up and not some petulant child.

YHHTQ
12-10-2010, 07:47 AM
Congrats for starting a discussion in such a timely and mature fashion. Sir, I salute you.

[/irony]

MilsurpShooter
12-10-2010, 07:53 AM
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk277/Teutonic_Knight_Funnay/5f55d0e5.gif

Great new thread Sir

bobs99
12-10-2010, 07:58 AM
You ever heard the saying 'Quality over Quantity?' - I would rather have less Assassins Creed games but give them much more time to develop so that they are all high quality.

As someone who understands software development - a year just isnt enough to make a complex quality peice of software. If they have to hit such short deadlines then they are going to quite simply have to stop innovating - they just wont have time to creatively add to the game.

So im the opposite, I want a new Assassin, a new setting, and I want new game mechanics. I want Assassins Creed 3 to be as big a step up as Assassins Creed 2 was from 1.

Ultimatly, I dont want them ruining the series by running it into the ground just to fill theyre checkbooks.

Ru1986
12-10-2010, 08:00 AM
His point is valid. Hes obviously just a kid so have patience, i know i am the first to jump on the band wagon when people are not using their brains and typing before thinking. However lets just let Shade lock the Thread as he feels fit.

EDIT @ bobs couldnt agree more i would love to see an AC game every year but not if they are going to be rubbish less games with more quality would make me a happy me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

persiateddy95
12-10-2010, 08:37 AM
You ever heard the saying 'Quality over Quantity?'
This.

Basically with that title what you trully mean is 'Screw everyone who wants a good AC game, not developed in a rush'.
Just to satisfy you, of course.

Murcuseo
12-10-2010, 09:06 AM
I'm not sure if this is true but I heard that Ubisoft doubled the size of the development team that worked on ACII for ACB.

Speaking from a novices point of view, do you think that doubling the size of the team and halving the development time is realistic?

Or, does more bodies equal more complications?

I have little experience in game development.

Grandmaster_Z
12-10-2010, 09:41 AM
ALL of ubisofts studios worked on this together. So there is definately enough manpower to turn out quality games every year.

DarkicoN14
12-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Im good with waiting until mabye 2-3 quaters into 2012 for a new AC game, as long as it is not released around the same time as uncharted 3

justinpunny
12-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
I'm not sure if this is true but I heard that Ubisoft doubled the size of the development team that worked on ACII for ACB.

Speaking from a novices point of view, do you think that doubling the size of the team and halving the development time is realistic?

Well, it's actually hard to comment on this issue, but as far as I'm concerned, MORE manpower does NOT always mean that the game is going to be of a Very Good QUALITY.

BETA testing the game, and the number of Test CYCLES done on any particulat title, let alone AC, is also very important.

UBI or any DEV for that matter, should focus more on quality, and test the Game more before releasing it, to avoid any end time Patches to fix any Glitch/bug if it arises, AFTER the game has been released. Doubling the staff/team is also a GOOD idea, but if the title is rushed for release, then it may not be of the best as expected. Development time/cycle is also VERY important for ANY game !

You can have less Talented STAFF/team in number, but you can still make any particulr game of the best Quality, without any bugs, even though it has been released a bit LATE, by focusing more on the Development/testing time.

This is what I think, so I maybe be wrong also. Cheers !

PS: This doesn't mean the AC series are not of the best quality. NOPE, not at all. I'm just using the term 'quality' as opposed to Quantity, at least when it comes to Game Studio development.

In fact the AC series are the BEST UBI games, and UBISoft is a very good game Developer/publisher. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

ClixWizard
12-10-2010, 09:49 AM
I'd rather see a good quality product with inovative changes every couple of years then a cookie cutter mold getting reused year after year. I really doubt an annual release would improve the AC series.

Grandmaster_Z
12-10-2010, 09:59 AM
when making the first game on a new console, it should take years which obviously was the case for AC1, but now the consoles have are 4-5 years old and devs are comfortable coding for them, the Anvil game engine is the same engine that will be used for the rest of the console lifespan. its easily possible for such a large company as UBI and activision. Smaller studios not so much. AC brotherhood is the best AC yet and it also through in multiplayer so stop crying about quality.

Murcuseo
12-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
when making the first game on a new console, it should take years which obviously was the case for AC1, but now the consoles have are 4-5 years old and devs are comfortable coding for them, the Anvil game engine is the same engine that will be used for the rest of the console lifespan. its easily possible for such a large company as UBI and activision. Smaller studios not so much. AC brotherhood is the best AC yet and it also through in multiplayer so stop crying about quality.

You're crying about quantity in the same way as others are crying about quality so it's just two sides of an arguement. Anyway, they're basically saying they wouldn't mind an annual release as long as the development quality doesn't suffer. I'd be quite happy with that aswell but, I'm still willing to wait 2 years for a release instead of one, if necessary.

Wombat_1337
12-10-2010, 10:39 AM
They rushed Brotherhood and it shows. Glitches and bugs everywhere.

Murcuseo
12-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Wombat_1337:

What other glitches and bugs have you experienced besides the animus glitch?

heypeter17
12-10-2010, 11:08 AM
As long as Corey May is writing the script, Im in. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif I still loved brotherhood, but the dialogue was no where near as good as AC1 and AC2. Especially AC1, which had the absolute best writing out of all the 3 so far.

SleezeRocker
12-10-2010, 11:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wombat_1337:

What other glitches and bugs have you experienced besides the animus glitch? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe the online, since some bugs are still there that were present in Beta -_-

Aside from that, I enjoy Brotherhood. It's Assassin's Creed, next best game for me since Legend of Zelda!
I do like quality over quantity, but I will say If i see more Assassin's Creed, as long as it looks good with new story, im game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
don't care if we get a spanish Assassin voiced acted by Antonio Banderas (I can kind of see that) or we get a chick Assassin (hey variety is always good!), im sure i'd like it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bobs99
12-10-2010, 11:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wombat_1337:

What other glitches and bugs have you experienced besides the animus glitch? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well personally I have had to restart my game multiple times because a mission trigger didnt work.

For example during the mission where you go with La Volpe on horseback - he just froze and stopped moving, I left the area to desynch to make it work again. I have had that problem a handful of times, and a few of the times I even resorted to checking a gamefaq guide to see what I was doing wrong. Turns out I wasnt doing anything wrong at all.

There are also multiple areas where the lack of development time shows - for example they didn't really explain the Abstergo Agents sub missions. Im sure they would have given that a bit more of an explanation if they had time. Even something as simple as the parachute counter doesnt work - and apparently not a single tester noticed this? If they did not a single programmer had the time to fix it?

As for the development team being larger - thats all well and good. But its segmented, a sub team works on the Lairs. A sub team works on the multiplayer. So those aspects of the games are top notch. But the team in charge of the core experience need time to really think of new ideas - develop fully realised cities. (Rome wasnt as good as Florence or Venice in my opinion). With 30 people working on the same thing you have difficulties in making code match up imagine how tough it is combining 100 peoples work!

So while I think more can be done with a bigger development team - I still think they need time for the game to have that level of quality. The way software development works is that typically you have many cycles where the game is developed. If each of those cycles is only a month long the game just doesn't have enough time to be built up - they will have to dive into coding and wont have as much time on planning.

Fairus60
12-10-2010, 11:21 AM

the tunnel glitch and trophy glitch, Im with the quality over quantity guys, just hope they dont milk the series a la Call of Duty,those guys barely innovate for releasing every year

Murcuseo
12-10-2010, 11:42 AM
To be fair guys, that wasn't a blanket question. It was for Wombat_1337 not everyone.

Anyway, it's not even a month passed release and they have started patching so just be patient.

That's the only good thing about the PC delay, there's a chance that Ubisoft will have all these minor issues ironed out by then. Naive hope but you never know. lol

SAVMATIC
12-10-2010, 03:26 PM
well there only 2 years til 2012 so i encourage them to make as many games in that remaining time as possible

LCGuardian
12-10-2010, 07:53 PM
That's the only good thing about the PC delay, there's a chance that Ubisoft will have all these minor issues ironed out by then. Naive hope but you never know. lol

We can hope (and believe me, I do), but the fact that the patching process is really slow on the consoles doesn't inspire me with much confidence. But a smooth and bugless ACB on PC in Feb/March would be fantastic.

Oatkeeper
12-10-2010, 08:00 PM
how about they take what we have to say about each game and spend the next 2 years making the perfect AC game.

While I love the series I personally I dont think any of the games got it "right"

Zire1022
12-10-2010, 08:17 PM
i diss agree with this thread i didnt read anything but the title and the first post... but i think that a more polished game could have come out of acbrother hood yes there is a lot of content but the story it self was servilely lacking.

RzaRecta357
12-10-2010, 10:21 PM
As long as Desmonds story doesn't get rushed in a stupid way.

I wish they would take a break next year and just paint that crossbow into a rifle letting us play as Daniel Cross/Nikoli.

Xanatos2007
12-11-2010, 05:14 AM
The quickest way to spoil your fun is to have it too often.

Murcuseo
12-11-2010, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
The quickest way to spoil your fun is to have it too often.

That's not true for me, the quickest way for my fun to get spoiled is usually to involve other people in it. There's one exclusion to that statement, you can work it out for yourself. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ru1986
12-11-2010, 05:42 AM
Best comment of the thread from Robbo, as always, above this one, brilliant mate pure gold.