PDA

View Full Version : VECTOR TO BASE

FA_Archangel
12-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Is there any way the vector requests for carrier bases and targets can be fixed ? Half the time we get vectors for the complete opposite direction. Maybe the game is trying to form a landing pattern. Don't need the game to tell me how to land. A simple vector straight to the carrier would be great ? Anyone else having this propblem ?

FA_Archangel
12-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Is there any way the vector requests for carrier bases and targets can be fixed ? Half the time we get vectors for the complete opposite direction. Maybe the game is trying to form a landing pattern. Don't need the game to tell me how to land. A simple vector straight to the carrier would be great ? Anyone else having this propblem ?

Atomic_Marten
12-27-2004, 03:24 PM
I think that the base will give you the vector of your waypoints toward the base(next waypoint), thus it is possible that you don't always get the shortest way.

But then again I may be wrong.

Funzilla
12-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Great to here from you bud. I think this is the answer to your question. In a co-op, the vector to home plate seems to point you to the INITIAL waypoint of the carrier (i.e., where it was when you took off. I think this is a limitation of the game engine...and not really realistic.)

FA_Razor,

"Zilla" in a former life.