PDA

View Full Version : Two questions on Japanese planes

gord96
06-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Hello,

I have two questions regarding the Japanese planes.

1. I started a campaign with the IJA and I cannot figure out how to remove the cap of the gun sights. I looked through the controls page several times and I see nothing. I might have missed it in the manual. Any help there would be great.

2. I started another campaign with the IJN and when I take off from the carrier within 20 seconds my plane loses control and I crash to the sea. I tried 4-5 times and I crash everytime. I get airborne and climb, retract my gear and flaps then boom, plane flips over and I crash.

ANyhelp fine gents would be appreciated.

Thanks

DKoor
06-25-2007, 11:26 AM
1. CTRL+D .... it's not in the manual

2. It may be that you push your joystick too hard up.... build some speed first, do a gradual gentle climb... check out your ordnance too...... which type of ac you are flying there from carrier BTW?

Ernst_Rohr
06-25-2007, 11:55 AM
If your taking off from the carrier and crashing, it sounds like your stalling out, probably due to to high of a angle of attack in the climb.

Try this;

1) Flaps to takeoff
2) Mix to 120%
3) Prop pitch to 100%
4) When your clear on deck, push the throttle to 100%
5) Wait for revs to come up, then pull the chocks.
6) When you clear the deck, gear up immediately
7) DONT climb steeply! Wait for your airspeed to come up
8) If your trim is set to neutral, your should start seeing any of the Japanese planes start to nose up into a climb, this is normal.
9) Bring your trimb a few clicks nose down and that should set you into a decent climb rate.
10) Bring your flaps to combat as soon as your airspeed starts to come up.
11)Cut the mix back to 100% and bring your flaps up as soon as you start to hit cruise/sustained climb speeds.

Just remember, if your low and slow and the plane starts to roll DONT use the stick! Kick the rudder over the opposite direction, if you try and roll the plane the opposite direction, you WILL stall.

Even on 100% fuel, the Val and the Zero are very forgiving a/c to take off in, just give them a little time to build air speed and dont try to climb too steeply and you should do fine.

gord96
06-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the reply's guys. I am at work now so I will give it a try when I get home. I turned of stalls and spins option after the 4th crash and it still went out of control. I should also note that I can take off from an American carrier no problem.

Speaking of the American Navy campaign. How do you retract the landing gear? I used the gear u button and the wheels did not come up. I turned on the autopilot and then they came up. Is it a different control and the other planes?

Thanks again.

willyvic
06-25-2007, 03:33 PM
If your flying a F4F off of that carrier you must "crank" your gear up. Check your controls and bind a key to manually raise the gear.

WV.

Ernst_Rohr
06-25-2007, 03:35 PM
The Wildcat has manual only gear, so you will need to bind a key to raise it, and another to lower it.

You can also try locking the tailwheel as well to see if that helps.

I am kind of surprised though, the Japanese planes are generally much easier to get off the deck than the heavier American birds.

Feathered_IV
06-25-2007, 06:43 PM
As above, Ctrl-D will get your sights uncovered.

Before taking off on a carrier, have a peep to your right and left. I'll bet your wings are still folded. You will need to attend to that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

ake109
06-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Ditto on the 'don't yank the stick back too hard'.

Its common for aircraft taking off a flight deck to _drop_ below the flight deck height for the first several seconds as it continues to build up air-speed. Let it drop, its ok as long as you are still building up speed. You have about 20-30 metres before you are in the sea anyway.

Even modern jets on current carriers can do that.