PDA

View Full Version : Coop Aspirations

Blindman-
06-29-2008, 07:49 PM
I have flown on HL only once, and after being shot down 5 times within 15 seconds of getting my landing gear up I got discouraged and gave up and have not been back since.

I got into this game after trying out "Dogfights the game" from the History channel. I really enjoyed DF the first month but got bored with there being nothing but dogfighting (not even taking off and landing). Hence I really appreciate this game and being able to fly other mission types.

I mainly play with an old buddy online, but would like to start playing with more folks. I was looking forward to the UBI coop Friday and tried using TS for the first time, but I could not get it to find the host. The UBI Friday coop thread said something about changing the host so maybe I used it correctly but the host was not up at that local. I will try again next week.

As soon as I figure out how to use TS and how to host I plan to start looking for new comrades to join myself and my buddy when we fly (which is about 1.5 hours per night, usually starting around 10PM EST, and averages 5-6 nights per week). At this time I'm thinking 4 of us flying together at a time would be ideal (at this time my missions are tailored for a max of 4).

RANTING (ignore if you don't care to know more about me):
If it was not for the FMB I doubt that I would be still playing this game; not only because I can make any mission type I want, but also because I do not enjoy the missions that came with the game. I hate to sound shallow, but I got into flying for a new game type, not a history lesson; and taking forever to get to the action (often just to be killed the first minute or so) does not work for me. I have made a large number of missions that take but a few minutes to get to the action and have only played this type of mission for the last 7 months. If you think that you might be interested in joining me, or having me and my buddy join you, please let me know here or via email to wayne_mcgowan@hotmail.com

Blindman-
06-29-2008, 07:49 PM
I have flown on HL only once, and after being shot down 5 times within 15 seconds of getting my landing gear up I got discouraged and gave up and have not been back since.

I got into this game after trying out "Dogfights the game" from the History channel. I really enjoyed DF the first month but got bored with there being nothing but dogfighting (not even taking off and landing). Hence I really appreciate this game and being able to fly other mission types.

I mainly play with an old buddy online, but would like to start playing with more folks. I was looking forward to the UBI coop Friday and tried using TS for the first time, but I could not get it to find the host. The UBI Friday coop thread said something about changing the host so maybe I used it correctly but the host was not up at that local. I will try again next week.

As soon as I figure out how to use TS and how to host I plan to start looking for new comrades to join myself and my buddy when we fly (which is about 1.5 hours per night, usually starting around 10PM EST, and averages 5-6 nights per week). At this time I'm thinking 4 of us flying together at a time would be ideal (at this time my missions are tailored for a max of 4).

If it was not for the FMB I doubt that I would be still playing this game; not only because I can make any mission type I want, but also because I do not enjoy the missions that came with the game. I hate to sound shallow, but I got into flying for a new game type, not a history lesson; and taking forever to get to the action (often just to be killed the first minute or so) does not work for me. I have made a large number of missions that take but a few minutes to get to the action and have only played this type of mission for the last 7 months. If you think that you might be interested in joining me, or having me and my buddy join you, please let me know here or via email to wayne_mcgowan@hotmail.com

Bearcat99
06-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Feel free to hop into a 99th coop anytime... Nightly on Hyperlobby..

Blindman-
06-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Thank you Bearcat. Is there an IP address or any other way to join than through HL? Is there a TS server address needed?

Forgive my ignorance.

cmirko
06-30-2008, 02:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
If it was not for the FMB I doubt that I would be still playing this game; not only because I can make any mission type I want, but also because I do not enjoy the missions that came with the game. I hate to sound shallow, but I got into flying for a new game type, not a history lesson; and taking forever to get to the action (often just to be killed the first minute or so) does not work for me. I have made a large number of missions that take but a few minutes to get to the action and have only played this type of mission for the last 7 months. If you think that you might be interested in joining me, or having me and my buddy join you, please let me know here or via email to wayne_mcgowan@hotmail.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hi m8, check the server in my sig - most of the mission are very fast into action (regularly less than 5 mins of flight time) and you have over 200 historical coops on that server http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

S!

BrotherVoodoo
06-30-2008, 09:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thank you Bearcat. Is there an IP address or any other way to join than through HL? Is there a TS server address needed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

S! Blindman. Introduce yourself in HL and PM any of the 99th and we will get you TS information. You can join our coops through HL.