PDA

View Full Version : Is Subject 16...? **SPOILERS**

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
03-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Well, I was thinking, can Desmond be Subject 16? If you think about it, it can make sense. Subject 16 suffers a big mental breakdown and then kills someone, Lucy"s friend from AC1 that went "missing", After he kills her and writes symbols using her blood and then he is restrained. When he is restrained he blacks out and then wakes up and in his mind, makes up his identity as Desmond Miles, the Templars play along with him just to continue using him and Desmond forgets everything about him being Subject 16. It would be something like Shutter Island. That would make the whole Subject 16 saying "I am always with you, search for me in the dark". Maybe he is always with him because he is Desmond, but he is in the darkness of his mind? Or maybe I am extremely wrong?
Just a thought that I wanted to write down.
<span class="ev_code_RED">Please don't actually put the possible spoiler in the Title even though you wrote *SPOILERS*.</span>

RzaRecta357
03-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Funny but I doubt it.

AnthonyA85
03-05-2011, 08:24 PM
I agree. especially since its already been proven that 16 killed HIMSELF, and wrote those messages with HIS OWN blood, before he died.

And if you don't belive he's dead, then read the AC2 Strategy guide, in the back section of the book there's a Q&A chat with the Devs about different parts of the game, including 16, the Glyphs, and what they mean.

And in the back of the ACB strat guide, there's a recap of the entire story so far.
We don't know what happened to Lucy's friend, she's only mentioned that one time.

TwentyGlyphs
03-05-2011, 09:24 PM
We also know from the emails that the timing doesn't work out for your theory. In AC1's email, Lucy says that it's been 5 years since her friend Leila died. In one of the Abstergo Industries' website's emails, we see that Subject 15 was "retired" in December of 2010. Subject 16 couldn't have come along until after that, and then Desmond himself is said to have entered the Animus in September of 2012.

AMuppetMatt
03-06-2011, 06:32 AM
Unless he was in a coma type state after losing so much blood and being in the animus so long and it's taken months for him to recover fully. Then time adds up perfectly. I'm a great fan of this idea and have been pushing it for weeks, however I DO think it's unlikely.

However, skipping to 4:00 on this video [SPOILER] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QurE-EzN8vY) and Desmond asks 16...
"Subject 16?"
*Laugh* "Yes... subject 17".
I've said it once I'll say it again, that sounds like a CORRECTION to me.

Also would explain why 16's never really mentioned, as saying too much of what he did might reawaken him in Desmond's mind and cause him to go do-lally crazy. I dunno, unlikely but defintely possible, you can explain the time differences easily.

AnthonyA85
03-06-2011, 11:00 AM
I didn't read that "Yes...Subject 17" as a correction, more as a greeting, like you would greet someone who doesn't expect to see you I guess.

DylanJosh9
03-06-2011, 11:06 AM
You spoiled Shutter Island for me -_-

AMuppetMatt
03-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
I didn't read that "Yes...Subject 17" as a correction, more as a greeting, like you would greet someone who doesn't expect to see you I guess.

To each his own. Maybe it's cause I'm English and I "get" sarcasm more (seeing as it looks like we have the dryest sense of humour on this Earth) and dry wit that it seems to me like a correction. Like I say I can't be 100% sure, but the laugh before definitely puts a sense of irony to the whole thing.

We shall see http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

johnny1507
03-07-2011, 01:44 AM
What if subject 16 is desmond dad?
Because abstergo wanna have desmond and going to where he live but he was gone and take his dad:P
And they still wanna have desmond so they use his dad to find things.
and with the truth by abc he say you can find me in shadow/dark and maybe that mean he need to use eagle vision.
With your son maybe he wanna say your my son but he get a error by my xD
Dont know if that is right was just think about that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AnthonyA85
03-07-2011, 01:04 PM
16 is NOT Desmond's father.

From what we've seen of him (and heard), he's close to Desmond's age, though we don't know how close.

But it has been stated that they are related, they at least share the same ancestor in Ezio (and therefore, Altair), he's probably a distant relative.

And Lucy did say in AC1 that by the time Abstergo reached the 'Farm', it had already been evacuated.

xCr0wnedNorris
03-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Welcome to the Forums johnny! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Gyro458
03-07-2011, 03:18 PM
I said that once, and it looks like I'll have to say it again. Lucy looks up the closest genetic link between Des and 16 and it's Ezio. So he had at least to children and he was their closest shared ancestor. Get it? 16 can't be his dad, he can't be him, you get my point.

Pat0307
03-07-2011, 09:21 PM
it could be someone from the future... possibly Desmond's son. The person could have encrypted the files and set them in Ezio's time. so the person intended to look in the past to find the files (desmond) could find them, and decode them to discover "the truth".

Idk if that makes sense, its hard to explain..

GrimMerros
03-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by HarshJaguar3:
You spoiled Shutter Island for me -_-

I loled.