PDA

View Full Version : "NO MAP' in BoE. Any fix

CraytonRoberts
05-05-2004, 08:30 AM
At mission 47 in the Normandy P51 campaign (Pilot Career) mode in BoE, at mission 47 I get the message that there is no map, so I can't get past that. I've "made captain" so I hate to drop off the edge, as it were. Any suggestions?

CraytonRoberts
05-05-2004, 08:30 AM
At mission 47 in the Normandy P51 campaign (Pilot Career) mode in BoE, at mission 47 I get the message that there is no map, so I can't get past that. I've "made captain" so I hate to drop off the edge, as it were. Any suggestions?

Zeus-cat
05-05-2004, 10:50 AM
I haven't seen this problem before, but I have used the FMB to "fix" campaign missions (I added more tanks in a Bf-110 campaign as I was #4 in a flight and planes 1, 2 and 3 destroyed everything before I got a chance to drop my bombs).

I suggest you try the FMB to see if the mission opens up. If it won't open in FMB open up the mission files in Notepad. You should probably open up a previous mission to see the format your "bad" mission is supposed to have.

Zeus-cat

CraytonRoberts
05-05-2004, 11:45 AM
Thanks, Zeus, I'll try that when I get home from work tonight. I guess you're suggesting that I reformat a map from FMB. I suppose that,in the missions file, I could jump over the "lost" mission to the next one. Seem rational?
Bob

RobertNighthawk
05-05-2004, 03:14 PM
You might also ask here (http://forum.justflight.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=16) if you still need some help as the authors often contribute/respond.

Cheers

Zeus-cat
05-06-2004, 08:24 AM
If I recall the format correctly the file names for the missions use dates. Like 010144 would be Jan 01, 1944. Not sure if the date formats or American or European (I'm at work). My guess is European as they will sort in proper order in Windows wher American date format will not. You can figure it out easily enough.

If you can't get the bad mission to work, you could rename the bad mission to take it out of the loop and substitute a previous mission that worked. (I avoid deleting stuff as you may need to put it back to keep the campaign going). Another alternative is to rename or delete the bad mission and see if the campaign generates a new mission in its place.

Zeus-cat