PDA

View Full Version : Just a CRAZY idea

Altair661
08-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Well, I've been thinking about this and it might be possible. However, VERY unlikely. But the ACB truth video had me thinkin, and I've seen this theory being tossed around before. Could we possibly be playing as Desmond's son this whole time? Or someone else in an animus?

Mainly because of what 16 has said. Like when he actually said "your son" and "Everything you hope to become, everything you hold dear. It is already gone" could he possibly be relaying a message to someone else in an animus? This is comepletely off-the-wall. I believe in something comepletely different. But what do you people think?

Jexx21
08-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Someone else is reliving Desmond's memories, but it's just a dude playing a video game.

chizzy12
08-28-2011, 10:04 PM
how original...

Poodle_of_Doom
08-28-2011, 10:30 PM
I won't troll you dude...

At that, I'd say it's possible, but what would the point be of viewing all these memories? Why would Desmond be "The Prophet" as Minerva put it? What would Desmonds son have to gain by viewing his memories?

DarthEzio55
08-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
I won't troll you dude...

At that, I'd say it's possible, but what would the point be of viewing all these memories? Why would Desmond be "The Prophet" as Minerva put it? What would Desmonds son have to gain by viewing his memories?
I thought the prophet was ezio http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
08-28-2011, 10:47 PM
That's aside the point, and the fact is that this would raise us to a whole new level of questioning not previously conceived.

Calvarok
08-28-2011, 11:30 PM
At this point, they would have almost definately not made Minerva talk directly to Desmond if that was the plan, because if she really had foresight and Desmond's son was the one who was going to save everything, she would have adressed him.

The stupidest thing about the Desmond's son theory is that the Templar Satellite launch takes place 72 days after Desmond goes to the collesuem. So the Templars have won for years and years if that's the case.

Not to mention the fact that Ubisoft says that Desmond is the hero of his own story.

LightRey
08-29-2011, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
At this point, they would have almost definately not made Minerva talk directly to Desmond if that was the plan, because if she really had foresight and Desmond's son was the one who was going to save everything, she would have adressed him.

The stupidest thing about the Desmond's son theory is that the Templar Satellite launch takes place 72 days after Desmond goes to the collesuem. So the Templars have won for years and years if that's the case.

Not to mention the fact that Ubisoft says that Desmond is the hero of his own story.
Exactly. Most of the things said and done in and about the game would become complete nonsense if this theory were true.

EDIT: zomg! My sig is back!

blazefp
08-29-2011, 09:27 AM
This ^

Animuses
08-29-2011, 09:30 AM
I love the Desmond's son theory. It shows how much bull people could actually believe and be fine with. Meaning, most people are fine with stories or no stories at all.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please post constructively and without Language.</span>

blazefp
08-29-2011, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Animuses:
I love the Desmond's son theory. It shows how much bull people could actually believe and be fine with. Meaning, most people are fine with stories or no stories at all.

Hey it's actually a good theory and he said that it's VERY unlikely to be possible so what's your problem?

Crouching.Tiger
08-29-2011, 10:04 AM
I hope you realize this is just a variant of the "Phew! It was just a dream" ending, which is the most tiresome, cliche, boring, annoying, audience-insulting "twist ending" ever deviced. We already have a convoluted frame story, we don't need a half-assed second one.
And that's not just something I say. It's a widely-despised trope throughout all media and critics. So I'm pretty sure UbiSoft won't do such an insult towards the audience.

Also, this is hardly a new idea. I've seen it floating around since the first Assassin's Creed, and it was equally stupid the first time.

blazefp
08-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Yeh but the 16 stuff he talked about is something we don't see in those other ideas. The phrases he showed could be very well be directed to Desmond's son. However subject 16 couldn't see the future in the animus so he couldn't know if Desmond was going to have a son or not.

Animuses
08-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Subject 16 was also insane.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by blazefp:
Yeh but the 16 stuff he talked about is something we don't see in those other ideas. The phrases he showed could be very well be directed to Desmond's son. However subject 16 couldn't see the future in the animus so he couldn't know if Desmond was going to have a son or not.

Not unless it was written after he had his son...

blazefp
08-29-2011, 10:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

Not unless it was written after he had his son... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I thought about that but that's even more unlikely than the original idea.
After 3 games Ubi coming up with Desmond had a son? Nah I don't think so

ShaneO7K
08-29-2011, 11:19 AM
This would be more believable if Desmond was maybe the age of Sam Fisher, where if he had a son his son would be a decent age to be able to do something without making the game look really bad.

But as it is I can't see it happening.
Subject 16 probably meant something else by "your son". Whatever he meant will probably make more sense after playing Revelations.

CRUDFACE
08-30-2011, 01:05 AM
There's an anticlimactic end to a game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif . But since you've brought it up, why would Desmond's son be watching all this?

Panfaun
08-30-2011, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
There's an anticlimactic end to a game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif . But since you've brought it up, why would Desmond's son be watching all this?

Because he was bored and it was on a Sunday

Calvarok
08-30-2011, 01:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

Ah, but if Desmond had his son before AC1, his son wouldn't have any genetic memory of what happened to Desmond in AC1-Revelations!

The whole theory implodes on itself.

ShaneO7K
08-30-2011, 05:07 AM

His son would still be very young at this point though.

LightRey
08-30-2011, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

Ah, but if Desmond had his son before AC1, his son wouldn't have any genetic memory of what happened to Desmond in AC1-Revelations!

The whole theory implodes on itself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Pwned by logistics.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

The whole theory implodes on itself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Pwned by logistics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well now, you don't know when he had his son, and how far into the future his son is, and is viewing this...

Assassin_M
08-30-2011, 12:55 PM
I hate it when people insult someone for no specific reason other than that they disagree with them.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
I hate it when people insult someone for no specific reason other than that they disagree with them.

There's nothing insulting about what I've said...

LightRey
08-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Well now, you don't know when he had his son, and how far into the future his son is, and is viewing this...
Of course, but it discounts your initial argument to which Calvarok was responding.

Black_Widow9
08-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Please use the Find button to search for previously created Topics.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>