PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer improvements

Eightboll812
06-15-2011, 01:14 PM
I wanted to separate out Multiplayer requests from the single player ones. I think the things that would improve the Multiplayer experience are:

1) More player community maps "approved" for ranked play. Honestly...let the awesome user community work for you. You don't have to spend the next year making maps for map packs. Just continue to "approve" new ones over time. I really thought that in FC2 when the feature appeared that we would see a stream of maps added over time, not just 6 and done.

2) Parties. One of the reasons that so much banning happens in the rooms is because people want to play with their friends on the same team. The only way to accomplish that is to kick people to make room for your buddies to "switch down" (because buddies always play APR, lol).

3) If not party play, then the host should be able to bump people off their team (it bumps them to the other team) while in the lobby. It's better than banning!

4) I do like the host having power. There are some bad players out there who host, but largely I think people use the host power appropriately. I can't tell you how many times there's someone from Congo with satellite Internet lagging out the whole room. Punt them, and the game runs great again. If abuse is a problem, then have the number of players that can be punted once the game starts limited to like 2 or 3.

5) Spawn shield. Keep it please, because there is nothing more annoying than games like COD where you spawn and die cuz some pimply faced punk maps every spawn point and camps because he thinks that's how to get good stats. But fix the spawn shield so someone can't run half across the map before they shoot someone (because the tie in shooting always seems to favor the player exiting the spawn shield). Have there be a radius. Either the timer expires or the player exits the 5 foot zone where they started. Either event results in the shield dropping.

6) Keep uprising. It's great. I wish I had a suggestion to get more people to play it, but all I see are people (presumably boosting) on Last Bastion.

7) When searching, please show who is hosting the lobby.

8) No MGL weapon. Nuff said.

Silent-Eagle
06-15-2011, 03:41 PM
-Snip-
2) Parties. One of the reasons that so much banning happens in the rooms is because people want to play with their friends on the same team. The only way to accomplish that is to kick people to make room for your buddies to "switch down" (because buddies always play APR, lol).
-Snip-

I agree with this, there was a group of aroud 12 (90% if the time there was 8 of us online making a full team) of us that would roll around on the 360 on FC2 and we would always play APR because that was the easiest way to get us al on one team, and to be fair its really off putting for other FC2 players being booted so i support this sort of feature, some way to get teamates on the same team.

To this day i don't think we ever lost a match, shame they all stopped playing, hopefully we'll get back together for FC3 and maybe some of you guys on here an join us too.

o0Kman0o
06-16-2011, 01:31 AM
The one thing I injoyed about FC1 was being able to place better weapons in "Harder to get to" places. So I would like a small load out e.g
Primary- assault rifes, Shotguns, Smgs, LMG and A couple of snipers.
Secondary- Pistols, machine pistols, and grenade launcher.
Findable- Rocket launchers, The better grenade launcher, better snipers, Dessert eagle and other stuff, Just so there is more to place apon your custom maps.

Hobodealer
06-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Things I'd like to see fixed are:

1) My most hated feature of FC2. The laggy movement of players. Aside from connection the other players in game seemed to move really mechanical and this was rather hard when sniping etc. Making the movements/animations of players much smoother would make me appreciate the game far more.

2) A larger range of ranks with prestiges. 30 wasn't too bad on Far Cry 2, however the amount of XP required to rank up was quite substantial and it would be good if that was lowered bt including say, 60 ranks in 5 prestiges?

3) Custom Classes. Nothing too in depth, just the ability to pick what Primary and Secondary weapons you would like together and with attachments if it's in the game (fingers crossed).

Eightboll812
06-17-2011, 09:36 AM
Actually I thought the game was quite smooth for the most part. I have a really good connection and the only time it got jerky and laggy was when another player had a horrible connection. You can always tell who it is if you put the game on one of the downloadable maps and if they take forever, they are going to be jerky in the game ;-).

Please, no prestige. I don't think you will find any support anywhere for making FC3 copy the worst of the COD features.

Custom classes shouldn't be done. It's one way of balancing out the game. If you want the overpowered SAW, you have to live with the secondaries it gives you. You know how bad it would suck playing against people who load out with the SAW and grenade launcher? That's all anyone would play.

Tango_2_0
06-17-2011, 09:48 AM
The idea of "approved for ranked" was scrapped on PC since we in the PC community quickly found a loophole to get around it.

Ubisoft wisely decided to let us keep that in their later updates of the game. I hope we'll see the same thing in the future.

Hobodealer
06-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Eightboll812:
Actually I thought the game was quite smooth for the most part. I have a really good connection and the only time it got jerky and laggy was when another player had a horrible connection. You can always tell who it is if you put the game on one of the downloadable maps and if they take forever, they are going to be jerky in the game ;-).

What platform do you play FC2 on? Because on Xbox it was like it for everyone.

jibbermann13
06-18-2011, 11:07 AM
A robust map editor & the ability to have local search for games.

BS PALADIN
06-20-2011, 02:26 AM
More gametypes than the bog standard ones that shipped with FC2.

The ability to adjust damage/health for private/player/non-ranked matches.

Objective based gametypes like plant the bomb.

Leadstorm76
06-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Yeah everything multiplayer in fc2 was weird from the ranking system all the way down to the diamonds.The dev teams trip to africa probably had alot to do with it. Im sure it was cool but hard to relate to. switching maps between games never seemed to work for me. please keep the option to kick players in place it was the best.

x_maxpower204
06-23-2011, 01:40 AM
There's alot to fix from FC2, thanks to Clint Hocking.

Custom maps in ranked - Ubi dropped community support within the first year, and it won't work without support. Don't expect anything different for FC3. They will push DLC map sales instead. Plus, the drama created by the ranked and recommended map lists was ridiculous. PC should keep custom maps in ranked, consoles will get Ubi maps only. Fan sites can handle custom map promotion.

Party system - Agree. Need to add a lobby party system.

Hosting - I think ranked games on console will get matchmaking only. With good net code and/or region locking, the lag problems will improve. IMO, you will only get the option to choose a game type and map in ranked.

Spawn protection - Ok for a few seconds...but no more.

Uprising - Horribly implemented. Rather see Assault mode and a better cap/hold mode instead.

Must have dedicated servers! No P2P

More custom game modes:
- Predator, or something similar.
- Zombies
- Racing
- Adventure modes (Hunting, treasure hunts, etc)

BS PALADIN
06-23-2011, 02:56 AM
With hopefully the ability to create your own maps and gametypes I think it is essential to allow the players to create and host their own rooms, but they have those rooms searchable via the main menu so random people can join. Also would be cool if people could enter a short description of their room to give people more information when joining. For example:

No explosives room

Plant the bomb only room

Small maps room.

etc

H84Gabor
06-23-2011, 04:24 AM
I'd like to see a little bit bigger maps with 32 players, plus more effort against hackers because frankly, Punkbuster was a pain in the *ss in FC2. Also they shouldn't divide the games into ranked and custom matches, it should be only either one or the other. (As long as I'm concerned, I'd drop the ranked one without hesitation, but I know many people would argue with this.)

PandaThing
06-23-2011, 04:52 AM
4&5 no&no. Nobody likes the host having power, its just horrible. and if the spawning is done correctly, then spawn shields are unnecessary, and the really make the game feel weird.

RaZoRFINNISH
06-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by PandaThing:
4&5 no&no. Nobody likes the host having power, its just horrible. and if the spawning is done correctly, then spawn shields are unnecessary, and the really make the game feel weird.

Host having power is necessary on PC or cheaters will take over the game. Also, dedi servers are required. Not rentable. Just free dedi servers you can host by yourself.

shop437416E23
06-25-2011, 07:23 PM
i would have to strongly disagree, i like the banning feature. i run a lot of large parties through maps and get maps out there for people. i play with a large variety of people and some of those people shouldnt be on a xbox because of the lack of respect. yea a team kill is sometimes an accident but some people do it habitually. i love the feature that everyone gets to vote when you ban someone unless your the host. i wish COD had it but it doesn't and thats not my choice. this is one of the better features of far cry 2. i am very sure plenty of people would agree. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

H84Gabor
06-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Yes! Dedicated servers are needed! I love to host. Apart from young, big-headed guys who enjoy being mean (lol but that's not too common), I don't know what the problem could be about host having power over it's own server. (Maintaining proper circumstances for an enjoyable, fair gameplay is not something I usually whine about anywayhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

SpindlierTRex
06-26-2011, 10:48 AM
For one keep the thumper and mgl and make them 1 hit 1 kill just limit the diamiter of the explosion to say 10 feet this is reasonable with for any gernade.

uprising no captions it was a epic fail i remember play with a bunch of randoms and i ended up as caption many times and was all by myself to cap positions it was even worse when the caption didn't know he was the caption and didn't cap anything honestly this mode turned into cap the uprising spot and kill any one who comes near.

keep spawn shield for sure.

more vehicle for large maps.

host has power in lobby only not in game.

bullets from main guns need to have more than 2 or 3 hundred feet mabye more like 3 to 6 hundred yards would be better. secondary weapons need at least 100 feet range.

ammo ladders daimond/flag no hotkey that is what caused the y glitch in far cry 2 too many functions for one key.

mounted weapons have longer fire times but you actually have to reload from a ammo box that is part of the gun giving the weapon down time. the black smoke is annoying.

custom outfits like in far cry instincts having bright colors is a bad thing espicially when have your character is bright red.

Have a voting sytem to rank maps. simple a map gets 500 or mabye a 1000 votes it would be looked at. depending on fairness/balanced of the map, lag, and looks. also to reduce bad maps flooding the servers for rank if the maps are not fair or look good then all maps voted for rank from that palyer for the next 1 to 3 months would not reach the servers as the map builder needs to work on the maps more to make them better. Howerver if the map is just not quite good enough then the company for some reason but is almost there the company could give them a week to patch the issues have anouther look at it and rank. also it would be nice if ranked maps would be taken out of the players published map giving good map makers more space.

Also maps should have 2 options multiplayer(fighting) and fun (escape, roller coster, maze). multiplayer maps could be voted for rank as fun maps could not.

SpindlierTRex
06-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Hobodealer:
Things I'd like to see fixed are:

1) My most hated feature of FC2. The laggy movement of players. Aside from connection the other players in game seemed to move really mechanical and this was rather hard when sniping etc. Making the movements/animations of players much smoother would make me appreciate the game far more.

2) A larger range of ranks with prestiges. 30 wasn't too bad on Far Cry 2, however the amount of XP required to rank up was quite substantial and it would be good if that was lowered bt including say, 60 ranks in 5 prestiges?

3) Custom Classes. Nothing too in depth, just the ability to pick what Primary and Secondary weapons you would like together and with attachments if it's in the game (fingers crossed).

no prestiges it is a stupid concept loose all you weapons whoever thought this was a good idea i will never know i honestly think the whole idea of prestiging just ruins a game hey i prestige and lose all my weapons!!!!!!

Lepec93
06-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned aiming? I think if Ubisoft included the ability to be able to aim, this game would be better than any other console FPS. It has been said that Ubisoft sold out to larger companies and limited the aiming of the game deliberately. This is a rumor but all I know is, I stopped playing this game because of the aim and it's now worth about 5 cents used because of the aim. If you can aim in the next Far Cry game, I will throw away my Call of Duty collection.

H84Gabor
06-27-2011, 06:36 PM
What's with the aiming? There was no issue to me with regard to that. Or at least on pc it was the same as any other FPS...

Eightboll812
06-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Hobodealer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eightboll812:

What platform do you play FC2 on? Because on Xbox it was like it for everyone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I, um, play on, um PS3 (duck). I admit the game feels sluggish compared to COD, but COD seems more like rabbits on crack the way people run around and jump across the room, turn in mid air and shoot you from behind before landing.

But the only time FC2 seemed mechanical was when there is someone lagging out the room with a slow connection.

Eightboll812
06-29-2011, 10:10 AM
The problem people describe with uprising is more about people playing without mics than about the game mode being bad. You can't play uprising without a mic and hope to be successful. Same with the rest of your team. That's why I like it. It's the only FPS game mode I've ever played that really forced you to talk with your team mates. Play Domination on COD and meh, you can win without any real teamwork. you don't need to communicate because you have a mini-map, etc. But Uprising, you have people shouting in their mic "He's at B!!! He's at B!!!!"

Eightboll812
06-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Leadstorm76:
Yeah everything multiplayer in fc2 was weird from the ranking system all the way down to the diamonds.The dev teams trip to africa probably had alot to do with it. Im sure it was cool but hard to relate to. switching maps between games never seemed to work for me. please keep the option to kick players in place it was the best.
That's what hooked me on FC2 in the first place. I've been to South Africa, and the game was so realistic down to all the little details like trash all over the ground EVERYWHERE. I've been to shanty towns built out of corrugated steel sheets. I could tell someone involved had been there, but I didn't realize the whole dev team got to go on a trip there. Very cool.

I take it the dev team for FC3 probably got to go to the "Lost" island, lol.

ShibaRoekoe
06-29-2011, 05:46 PM
"host has power in lobby only not in game."

I soooo agree with this. I was playing FC2 ranked match yesterday on Renevista. We were playing Uprising (I'm sure the party leader picked that to score over a 100 kills for his team for more XP than in TDM) and I am in the weaker UFFL team (APR had all the high levels) when suddenly I get kicked with like 3 minutes to go.

What happened? Well, I guess it was just because I had about as much kills as the Party Leader in the other team. Over 30 kills and he must've taken that badly and banned me. I doubt my own team banned be from the game, because I do not remember any team killing...

To improve multiplayer, they can limit the power of the Party Leader.

I'd also like it if Spawners couldn't kill someone who happens to run past them. I hate it when I'm running around when an enemy respawns next to me and kills me (even sometimes when I'm just putting tons of SAW bullets into him).

Furthermore, I'd like to see some perks in FC3. Not like in any COD game, with scopes, extra powers and stuff, but maybe something like longer running, camouflages etc.

Dannebrog_211
06-30-2011, 02:30 AM
They should make the overpowered AR16 and SAW less powerfull. If you play multiplayer now you'll either have ar16 lobbies or saw lobbies.

Toneneo
06-30-2011, 10:16 AM
What I hated the most when I "had" FC2 was no one could see what my community map looked like and wouldn't join my room. I didn't have a lot friends who had the game so I had to "beg" guys to come see my map, which they never did. I spent tons of hours on my maps and no one played them with me. Still mad about that.

FC-Szocik
06-30-2011, 12:19 PM
It's our decision when we want join on ranked server and play, hate leavers in Far Cry 2, players there can't rejoin (ranked servers)option is blocked by creators, maybe in Far Cry 3 they change this small problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Ix Johnnien xI
06-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Instead of approving each map individually; why not let the game/system automatically approve maps for ranked after enough people have downloaded them.

Eightboll812
07-05-2011, 12:17 PM
@Toneneo
I don't know of a single person IRL that has FC2 (other than my nephew who got it and never played it), yet I now have a stable of "friends" from FC2 multiplayer. If you play MP with a mic, you WILL meet people who will end up being your gaming buds and will play your maps. As long as you aren't a d*@k online... You can even suck (a little) as long as you are entertaining and a good "team player" and still make "friends".

This is one reason I'm a little torn on wanting Fc3 to be wildly successful or not. The small community was awesome due to it's size. You run into a lot of the same people over and over and naturally make friends. But waiting for lobbies to fill was frustrating.