PDA

View Full Version : Armament Problem

merlin11938
03-12-2007, 07:27 AM
I am having problems firing machine guns and cannon,but only on some aircraft types(Me163,Tempest,Jack variants and also some of the new types on the 1946 upgrade.)Has anyone else noted this?Other weapons can be released.I,ve checked for any bugs,and can find nothing.

flyingloon
03-12-2007, 07:58 AM
think the ones you've listed are cannon only birds, so as long as you have a button assigned for either "cannon" or "MG + cannon" it should work... what problem are you having though?

cawimmer430
03-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by merlin11938:
I am having problems firing machine guns and cannon,but only on some aircraft types(Me163,Tempest,Jack variants and also some of the new types on the 1946 upgrade.)Has anyone else noted this?Other weapons can be released.I,ve checked for any bugs,and can find nothing.

The Me-163 is MK-108 cannons only. No MG's. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

merlin11938
03-12-2007, 11:05 AM
The problem is simply that the guns don't fire using the trigger or the keyboard.oddly enough,these work perfectly for the majority of the aircraft in the game,and definitely used to work on the Tempest and Me 163.I can't recollect firing the J2M3's armament,but I'm sure that I must have.I first noticed the problem on the 163,then saw it on some of the new jets when I loaded 1946.It looks as if I've found a unique problem,or done something to create it.Thanks for any suggestions to help find a solution.

DaBestHawk_69th
03-12-2007, 12:43 PM
I always test the guns prior to flying a type of plane. I have 2 buttons set on my x45. 1 for guns and one for cannons depending on the planes I will fly.

Cajun76
03-12-2007, 01:37 PM
If you changed profile recently, then your button assignments may be changed. Make sure you have MG and Cannon mapped correctly for your stick. Some cannon armed fighters use the MG button for firing, others use Cannon button. The P-47 has 8 MG, but have the inner and outer pair as Cannon and MG. You must fire both Cannon and MG to get all 8 guns to fire.

merlin11938
03-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks Cajun.Your reply put me on to the source of my problem.I should have realised that the joystick was the common factor.It seems to block keyboard defaults,but at least I know where to start now.Ihadn't noticed that some of the aircraft types were only firing part of their weaponry,even though they seemed o.k.
I haven't sorted it all out yet,but it should be fun trying.This is the first time that I've logged on to the forum.If anyone out there hasn't tried it,I can now recommend it!