PDA

View Full Version : Lost threads

Falcon_41
07-04-2006, 08:52 PM
It looks like some of our big recruiting threads haven't come back to full function. Is the "Squadrons" forum still being repaired or are they among the files that were lost.

Thank you,

:FI:Falcon

Falcon_41
07-04-2006, 08:52 PM
It looks like some of our big recruiting threads haven't come back to full function. Is the "Squadrons" forum still being repaired or are they among the files that were lost.

Thank you,

Monty_Thrud
07-05-2006, 07:17 AM
I'll bump this in the hope that if i spam enough threads i'll get an answer...but i do understand that being a Mod means you must be heavily into a smoke ,so i dont expect them to be too observant...

Heres my question...

HEY MAAN...WILL THE SCREENSHOT THREAD EVER SEE THE MISSING PAGES AGAIN?, OR DO WE NEED TO START A NEW ONE? AS IT WONT LET ME POST IN THERE MAAN.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME...er...DUDE...I HOPE THATS SOME FINE CHIT YOU'RE SMOKING...LIKE WOW!

danjama
07-05-2006, 08:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Monty_Thrud:

Heres my question...

HEY MAAN...WILL THE SCREENSHOT THREAD EVER SEE THE MISSING PAGES AGAIN?, OR DO WE NEED TO START A NEW ONE? AS IT WONT LET ME POST IN THERE MAAN.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WTF!!!

Monty_Thrud
07-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Whats up?

danjama
07-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Why has that happened to the screenshot thread? There was like 4000 ****ing posts there, now only one page!?!

Monty_Thrud
07-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Yup...and ya cant post in it either...i thought maybe they were going to fix it but i got a feeling they're spaced out on a couch and can't find the energy...trying to get a response from a mod around here ...well they're like buses i guess

danjama
07-05-2006, 09:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Monty_Thrud:
Yup...and ya cant post in it either...i thought maybe they were going to fix it but i got a feeling they're spaced out on a couch and can't find the energy...trying to get a response from a mod around here ...well they're like buses i guess </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

sort it out will ya mods.

steve_v
07-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Concerning the recent forum downtime, here are the facts.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>The current forums had a hardware failure earlier in the week causing the downtime
<LI>The forums were then restored from a backup taken a day or so earlier, meaning the loss of part of the database
<LI>The hardware failure was caused by nothing more than a hard disc breaking €" no external influence caused this[/list]

I honestly don't know how this will impact existing threads, such as the Screenshot thread.

If you want to bring something to the attention of a mod, please use the PT forum. While not everyone can cover all threads, its hard to miss the New PM icon on the toolbar. Of course, I know not everyone wants an answer, but the opportunity to call attention to themselves.

http://home.earthlink.net/~viner45/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/newpm.jpg

Lastly, Ubisoft employees run and maintain the forums, not moderators. At best, we can communicate to the CMs the issues you're experiencing that require attention from their tech guys.

Ken_Det
07-05-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm guessing thats what happend to the Maddox thread in community for this board.
I had to sneek in the back door from Airwarfare padge http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Falcon_41
07-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Gah!

The "screenshots" thread too?!

Man, I sure hope this gets fixed.

:FI:F

Monty_Thrud
07-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Thanks for replying steve_v

...i fear a new Screenshot thread needs starting, me thinks...shame, that was an oldy and a goody.

danjama
07-06-2006, 04:35 AM
Thanks for replying steve_v

...i fear a new Screenshot thread needs starting, me thinks...shame, that was an oldy and a goody. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

4000 posts gone

Falcon_41
07-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Any official comment about the possible restoration of these old threads?

Thanks,