PDA

View Full Version : FOUND FIX TO SYSTEM VALIDATION CRASH!

KroW2185
05-07-2010, 10:04 PM
FOUND POSSIBLE FIX FOR SYSTEM VALIDATION CRASH GAME WORKS PERFECT

i found that the reason system validation keeps crashing was because the user account i was using had administrator privileges but was not considered in the games eyes the administrator so it would constantly crash after trying to validate the system.

if you open up your command prompt (for win vista and 7) go to windows icon (start menu) in search bar type
cmd
then right click on the program that pops up first and click run as administrator, when command prompt comes up type
net user administrator /active:yes
(with spaces)
and if it says completed successfully, log off your user account and select Administrator when it comes up
then run steam itll say not recommended to run in compatibility mode, continue anyway, then run conviction with the systemdetection.dll file in the right folder (if you took it out) from then it should run through ure system validation within a few seconds and once it is done and u get ubi launcher just log off the admin account go back to ures and u should have no problems! please let me know if this works for you it worked amazingly well for me no crashes everything plays flawless highest settings! =D

to deactivate the admin account from the log in screen jus follow steps for command prompt again and type
net user administrator /active:no

KroW2185
05-07-2010, 10:06 PM
btw this is for steam version which is what i had but if u have retail and are having this problem hope this will fix it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

anttonoo
05-08-2010, 01:30 AM
I had a hard time following. Mainly cause you didnt place any dots you just typed it like a big ****ing sentence. I cant understand what im supposed to do sorry.

KroW2185
05-08-2010, 05:05 PM
ok here is the breakdown for windows vista and 7 in a step by step manner...

1)click on windows logo in bottom left of your screen (the start menu)

2)in the search bar at the bottom type in: cmd

3)the first program that comes up at the top is called CMD... Right click on that program and select 'run as administrator'.

4)when the command prompt comes up it should begin with C:\Windows\system32>

5)type in net user administrator /active:yes
it should look like this:
C:\Windows\system32>net user administrator /active:yes
*make sure to include the spaces*

6)it should say completed successfully after u hit enter.

7)close the command prompt and log off your user name by clicking the start menu and choosing log off from the drop down menu next to Shut Down. (click the little side arrow and it should bring up a menu that says Switch User, Log Off, Lock, Restart, Sleep. Choose Log Off.

8)when the log in screen appears click the new user named Administrator and it should bring u back to the desktop possibly with a different background. (if you are using steam start steam first. it may give u an error message about compatability mode but continue anyway.)

9)Try running conviction again and make sure that if you took out, renamed, or deleted the systemdetection.dll file, it needs to be put back or renamed back to what it should be and if u cant find the file u need to uninstall and then reinstall the game.

10) system validation should run with no problems takes a few seconds, and when it is done dont start playing the game. Log off the Administrator. if u dont know how jus go back to step #7 to show u how to log off.

11)sign back onto ure user name and play the game and it should work with no problems hopefully it has been tested and worked for many others.

12) To disable the Administrator user name popping up in the log in screen, follow steps 1 - 5 but instead of 'net user administrator /active:yes'
you will put in
net user administrator /active:no
should look like this
C:\Windows\system32>net user administrator /active:no

good luck hope this helps better than my rush work haha

ForceReconNeo
05-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by anttonoo:
I had a hard time following. Mainly cause you didnt place any dots you just typed it like a big ****ing sentence. I cant understand what im supposed to do sorry.

those are called paragraphs btw, thats what those breaks are.

pstlouis
05-09-2010, 12:16 AM
there is a simpler way to do it. you create another admin account with the windows application and you log in to it. Then you start steam and start the game and when the validation pass you close the ubi drm application then you log off and you log in to your normal admin account.

StayVisible
05-22-2010, 12:57 PM
@ KroW2185

I have the retail version and it also solved the system validation crash!

Many thanks!!