PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to TIME?!?!? [rant]

sage3333
10-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Two Major Arguments:

First, anyone else notice that the new Assassin's Creed takes place in the 1500's, and Ezio's in his 40's? Now, today that'd be okay, but back then, most people didn't live to see their 50's, so a 40-year old would resemble a 50-60 year old today. Meaning he's OLD. He wouldn't be able to run around like he did in game 2. No flipping, no jumping off roofs, no crazed assassinations. He's too old for all that. Period.

Secondly... and probably most annoying: GUNS. They were hand-made. Guns weren't mass-produced until well after Ezio'd be dead. Anyone who had one would literally have to get bullets from the exact same person/people who made their gun; they wouldn't have been widely available, and I seriously doubt one could afford a gun on a watchman's salary. So why the guards have them is beyond me.

I'm not happy about this new game at all. It seems the producers cared more about getting a new game out than they did about having accurate and well-prepared history. For me, that's a -big- deal.

Try and correct me fact-wise all you want; my opinion still stands and I'm not changing it. From all I've learned over the years about the Renaissance this new game just doesn't cut it historically. And no, I don't care that it's fiction; they've tried to keep it accurate these last two games, so they should've done the same here.

/rant.

Seriously though, I don't want flaming arguments. This is my rant, and that's all there is to it. Feel free to argue against what I've said, but keep it decent please.

EzioAssassin51
10-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Man, another Rant... I think we're getting more rants than posts at the moment http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Erm... Some people can be in really good shape at that age, especially if you've been running on rooftops and all since before you were 17. Oh, and he only does the flip with the momentum from jumping from a horse.

As for the guns, the reason why they have them is because Leonardo was forced against his will to make them, which is why they have them.

cellether
10-02-2010, 08:58 PM
To your first arguement, Ezio did have the Apple of Eden, which I think is the way Altair was able to grow so old and right the codex and train his sons, so it should have the same effect on Ezio.

GarethNelson
10-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by sage3333:
Try and correct me fact-wise all you want; my opinion still stands and I'm not changing it. From all I've learned over the years about the Renaissance this new game just doesn't cut it historically.

Your opinion still stands even if it's wrong? Surely if someone has actual facts to prove you wrong then your opinion does not in fact stand. Of course you're welcome to hold any incorrect opinions you want, but that doesn't make them right.

And no, I don't care that it's fiction; they've tried to keep it accurate these last two games, so they should've done the same here.

The hashassins waged a war with the templars all the way up to modern times?
The whole point of the series is that history is not how we think it is, what's in the history books is a lie.

NewBlade200
10-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Welcome to the fourums.
Argument 1: Well Ezio is pretty well preserved. You cant seriously expect they would not make the game because he needs a hip replacement? And what about the guy that came after Rodrigo? He died around a month after he got elected Pope! How could Ubi turn down such an oportunity?!
Argument 2: It could be explained in a number of ways. First we havent seen that much guns, other than the occasional guy. When expecting Ezio, pack as much firepower as possible. We've only seen guns around Ezio (and we've only seen about 5), around the Pope's BFFs, his son, and Rodrigo himself.

thekyle0
10-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Two Major Arguments:

First, anyone else notice that the new Assassin's Creed takes place in the 1500's, and Ezio's in his 40's? Now, today that'd be okay, but back then, most people didn't live to see their 50's, so a 40-year old would resemble a 50-60 year old today. Meaning he's OLD. He wouldn't be able to run around like he did in game 2. No flipping, no jumping off roofs, no crazed assassinations. He's too old for all that. Period. Are you familiar with Jean Parisot de Valette? He was 70 years old when he was serving as the grand master of the knights of Saint John. He commanded and even personally fought in the siege of Malta(1565). Although I'm sure you knew that, given your "years" of studying Renaissance history.

Secondly... and probably most annoying: GUNS. They were hand-made. Guns weren't mass-produced until well after Ezio'd be dead. Anyone who had one would literally have to get bullets from the exact same person/people who made their gun; they wouldn't have been widely available, and I seriously doubt one could afford a gun on a watchman's salary. So why the guards have them is beyond me. Hand made doesn't necessarily mean scarce. In fact, guns were hand-made for centuries after the Renaissance. The American Revolution and the Napoleonic wars were each fought with gun powder based armies wielding hand crafted weapons. There didn't seem to be a scarcity of firearms then. Also, watchmen typically wouldn't pay for their own weaponry. If private citizens had taken it upon themselves to guard the city without being requested to do so by anyone and were still supporting themselves financially then you might have a case. That is if you're able to justify them all wearing the papal seal as an extremely popular fashion trend as opposed to a suggestion of a state-funded army.

I'm not happy about this new game at all. It seems the producers cared more about getting a new game out than they did about having accurate and well-prepared history. For me, that's a -big- deal. It obviously is a big deal to you, else you wouldn't be so well informed.

Try and correct me fact-wise all you want; my opinion still stands and I'm not changing it... I don't care that it's fiction Clearly.

Theassassin4756
10-02-2010, 09:57 PM
son i am disappoint.

masterfenix2009
10-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Well, since this guy lacks common sense and he has been corrected this post has no need or deserve a answer.

Therfore: super awesome monkey powder.