PDA

View Full Version : Corsair loadouts

Tomas_W
03-13-2005, 06:12 PM
10 5" HVAR rockets and 3 1000lb bombs.
That's a 4400lb load. Was the Corsair really able to take off with such a load, not to mention taking off from a carrier?

LW_lcarp
03-13-2005, 06:19 PM
Yes with the assistance of a catapult

stansdds
03-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Catapult launch or a long runway. About the only time Corsairs actually lifted such payloads was during the Korean war and the French in the opening days of the war in Vietnam.

During WW II Corsairs usually lifted no more than 3000 pounds.

Jex_TG
03-14-2005, 09:16 AM
I was on HL last night trying to load up a corsair with 5 AP hvar rockets and 2 500lb bombs but I hit the drink each time. I have a feeling that when the carriers are static, without that 30-40kts movement, that getting airbourne is nigh on impossible.

MZ6
03-14-2005, 10:11 AM
The trick to lauching a Corsair from a static carrier is to use landing flaps and 120% fuel mixture. I was able to take off w/ 75% fuel load and 8xAPHVAR rockets. With a 25% fuel load I'd bet you could launch with rockets and 2 500lb bombs.

MZ6
03-15-2005, 08:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MZ6:
The trick to lauching a Corsair from a static carrier is to use landing flaps and 120% fuel mixture. I was able to take off w/ 75% fuel load and 8xAPHVAR rockets. With a 25% fuel load I'd bet you could launch with rockets and 2 500lb bombs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, tried it w/ 2x500lbs bombs and 25% fuel and could not get in the air

joeap
03-15-2005, 09:03 AM
This is pointless, I really wish 1C had not included static carriers. So "*รง%&/ unrealistic. I never fly off em myself.

Jex_TG
03-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Well it seems pointless having carriers on a map if you cannot fly off them, does it not? Personally I like the challenge of flying out and returning home, mission success and onlt the carrier landing to go. But being unable to get airborne in the first place obviously makes this tricky lol

Perhaps map makers should have the carriers moving. I assume it is possible to put them on a looping circuit?

SeperateCheck
03-16-2005, 03:12 AM
annoying as it was, I learned how to take off with the Corsair + 2000lb bomb. yes, on a dogfight server with the static carrier.
all i had to do was give it 25% fuel load, and taxi all the way back to the rear of the flight deck.

this was pre-3.04m, but I think 3.04 is supposed to improve on the F4U Corsair's ability to take off. Not sure how, exactly...maybe I should try it again. I only did it a few times, just for the fun of toting around a 2000lb bomb on a fighter. Not many fighters carry around that kind of payload. So I had to try it, and it's possible. Aggrevating, but not impossible.

I like the big boom a one ton bomb makes.

llandaff
03-16-2005, 07:48 AM
joeap, on static carriers:

Not only carriers but ALL ground objects are static in DOGFIGHT multiplayer. It was made so to allow players to join anytime without receiving ALL information about position of ALL tanks, cars, trucks, carriers, fishing boats etc each time.

You have COOPERATIVE multiplayer - all players start at the same time, cannot connect during mission. In COOP you have moving ground objects, no problem! Moving carriers (in loop or any other way you want), tanks, trains etc.

joeap
03-16-2005, 01:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Llandaff:
joeap, on static carriers:

Not only carriers but ALL ground objects are static in _DOGFIGHT_ multiplayer. It was made so to allow players to join anytime without receiving ALL information about position of ALL tanks, cars, trucks, carriers, fishing boats etc each time.

You have _COOPERATIVE_ multiplayer - all players start at the same time, cannot connect during mission. In COOP you have moving ground objects, no problem! Moving carriers (in loop or any other way you want), tanks, trains etc. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh thank you.

llandaff
03-17-2005, 05:49 AM
Forgot one more thing: in COOP you can put multiple players in a bomber - pilot, gunners etc

Imagine B-25 with all turrets manned with human players http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif That thing rock.